VC and SA Superjumps--instructions, pics, & discussion

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 331 comments
Spuds, I watched you're videos. Pretty good! I would be pissed if I landed on a tall building like that during a teleport superjump! :irked:

I think my bounce was up there too-- I did notice I did not get the "loading" message like I did on my previous one.

On this teleport, not sure if you could see it or not but I was stuck with the bike upright, pointed to the west a few feet off the ground with my front wheel stuck in the gate and my back in the wall.

I think I did work out a way to increase the height while doing a superjump--- I had VERY FEW short ones-- after you fall to your side and let off the gas-- turn your wheel to the left for a second or two---I think this works the wheel farther into the ground and this might be what was increasing my height.

After 2 or 3 seconds I was hitting and holding the gas like I described in my description on the first page--- I don't know if it was the holding down the gas after, the turning the wheel, or a combination but of my successful jumps---I had alot more high ones then normal.

I also had one that really pissed me off. I was shot at medium trajectory but really fast to the east--I bounced off a building on the east side of the second island and went back west and landed pretty far out at sea (about equal the distance to the west side of fort baxter--just farther north)---I'm pretty sure this would have landed me either on the golf course or on the 1st island. Kind of hard to tell.

Also had another high one in which I blew up over the water just off the east side of the west island, but after I blew up I started flying to the east ALOT-- as I fell-- the game paused and loaded the first island and then I fell down toward over the golf course on the round island with the bridge leading to it--- I seem to die a long time before I got the wasted message.

Spuds

Damn, I'll have to try that turn left thing! Sounds like you've had some crazy rides! :dopey:

By the way, both of my teleport superjumps happened while I was pointed west while stuck between the wall and the gate (more the wall), so I think that might be the only way to do them.

It's funny that I have completed many superjumps, but I have never even tried the lighthouse. This is probably because all the records are at Phil's Place or maybe it's because I just don't like the first island for some reason. :boggled:

I've only had 4 successful light house jumps (ones that shot me out)-- 2 sent me out to sea. One sent me into the water (but just barely) so I got no stats but was able to jump onto shore (I was on the beach) so I survived. My only other one is the video clip one I have posted. It is alot tougher to get---Phils is "relatively" easy in comparison. I've never even tried the diving board one.

My first teleport one I was pointed down but stuck in the gate (my head was pointed to the east)

I was doing some superjumps today and I did a pretty nice one. It doesn't beat my TELEPORT superjump records but it is my personal best on height and rotation for a NON-TELEPORT superjump: 1663 feet high and 37428 degrees! :embarrassed:

By the way Spuds, how do you record those clips? I'd like to put some of my jumps on here.

Attachments

• superjump.jpg
    superjump.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 9
Deli Dingo
By the way Spuds, how do you record those clips? I'd like to put some of my jumps on here.

I video tape my game while playing and then I play it back and use my digital camera to record 30 second clips (at its highest clip resolution)-- this makes about a 20-25 MB AVI file--I then use microsoft encoder to convert to WMV format which compresses it--if I shrink it down I can make them under 1 mb-- I left the last 2 superjump clips in the higher resolution which is why they are 4 MB--I think superjumps look pretty cool which is why I left them big. MS Encoder also lets you set audio settings (for audio quality).

Hey Deli,

Just curious if you ever got a chance to try that left turning trick after you fall to the side-- and if so, could you tell if there is difference in your jumps???

Spuds, I did try the turn left thing. I almost always got a nice jump when I did it. Also, the superjump I posted above happened this way: I backed up after flipping over (like always) and when I started to hit the gas, I never took my thumb off of the X button and I also turned left for a couple seconds while laying down. ;) Good Method! 👍

Got a few things to say about superjumps:

First, I just did a superjump that wasn't very high, but I was shot out South about 2000 feet. Not a record, but the weird thing was that midway through the jump, a loading screen (like when doing a teleport jump) appeard for a few seconds. It didn't even affect my jump. :odd:

Second, you know how you sometimes bounce around (like between walls) when you land a superjump, and sometimes you get stunt bonuses for the bounces. Well I've been wondering how many stunt bonuses I can get from one superjump. I just did a superjump where I got FIVE stunt bonuses! :dopey:

Third, I did a superjump from Phil's Place and I landed on Starfish Island! I thought I was going to land in the water at first, but I ended up landing about 30 feet into Starfish Island. The distance was just over 2400 feet (722 meters on the stat screen). This is only 4 meters better than my best distance, so I don't care if you (Spuds) updates or not. ;)

I'd love to have seen a vid of that jump. When I first started doing superjumps, I had 3 seperate jumps that almost made it to starfish island--one was just short, one missed left and one missed right--just missed side of bridge from west island-- both KM and I (who were the only ones superjumping back then) were kind of obsessed with making it to Starfish island-- I don't think he ever made it either.

Glad to hear the turn left trick is helping--- I wasn't sure it was improving my jumps-- it just "seemed" like it was.

I haven't had ANY close to starfish island in almost a year now--I don't know if I'm doing something different or what.

I don't know if I've had more then 3 bounce bonuses in a single jump.

I'll update the record if you want but I will need a screenshot of your stats--hope you saved it.

I saved it, but I'll post a pic when I improve some other superjump stats. Too much of a hassle right now for 4 meters that will still keep me in second place. ;)

That's cool that I'm the first one to make it to Starfish! My previous distance record (718 meters) landed me just a couple feet north of the Firestation. I wonder where Famine landed to get 741 meters?

Deli Dingo
I saved it, but I'll post a pic when I improve some other superjump stats. Too much of a hassle right now for 4 meters that will still keep me in second place. ;)

That's cool that I'm the first one to make it to Starfish! My previous distance record (718 meters) landed me just a couple feet north of the Firestation. I wonder where Famine landed to get 741 meters?

I believe he posted a screenshot of the distance on the screen right after he landed-- on the street outside of fort baxter (if I remember correctly)-- my best was actually a rare north shot-- I landed just behind the downtown police station (in the alley near the stairs going to the roof)---

I almost made it to the stadium once, landed about 40 feet short of land (in the water)-- no stats-- I think that would have been a record (here).

SPuds

If I remember correctly--it was one of his first actual superjumps too---like he had only been doing it a day or two--I think I called him Rainman....:lol:

You all might not believe me but its true- I saw some screenshots on another forum of some superjumpish like stats (35000 degrees) but they were at the airport and the distance was not near what it should be to land at the airport from Phils or anywhere else. So I asked them how they did it. They didn't know the term superjump but said that they morphed to a bike and jammed it under a packer but did not explain how

(also both the people that did these did them on PC)

Anyway, I just got done trying it and I got 4 seperate super jumps by this method- I'm not sure if I'm doing it the same as them but what you do is:

Morph to a bike
Find a parked packer (ramp truck) fixed location in vice port and the airport.
Drive around to the side of it and try driving under the ramp just behind the back wheel from the side-- as you do this the back of the truck will rise up (you can pop a wheelie slightly to get it up higher)-- it will sort of stay up in the air for a bit and you can drive under the back of it. Now the best position I got in was where I was pointing the bike to the rear of the packer (but still under it--his head will stick out slightly). Back up toward the front of the packer (you will stop when you get to the rear wheel) at some point the back of the packer will fall down and Tommy/bike will start shaking and fall to the side--now just try alternately backing up and gunning it-- with some luck you should get a superjump. I have not had any real stellar ones yet-- the best rotation for me was 3500 degrees.

When you get shot out the packer sometimes flips over and will blow up...I just drove away (not far) and back and a new one spawned.

Thats about it--- I did video tape it and when I get a chance I will make a clip of it and post it.

Time for me to go to sleep now.

Spuds.

Cool! And I thought you knew everything about superjumping Spuds! :lol:

35000 degrees! :eek: I'll have to try that a couple times. I probably won't spend too much time on it, because it sounds like Phil's is still the best superjumping location (my second ever superjump at Phil's was 35000 degrees). ;)

I tried the Packer trick but no luck yet. I can get it raised and get underneath it, but can't really get anything more to happen. I did get Tommy shaking and stretching out of shape as if he was about to pop out and fly off, but nothing happened.

I teleported inside the airport on one occasion. I had all my weapons so I had a little fun lobbing molotovs out the door and destroying the tanks that couldn't get to me.

And I found a cool way to clear your stars I never knew before. I had six stars and was escaping the army on foot and I jumped into the Toys'R'Us van and it instantly clears all your stars! I just got back out and went on my merry way,

KM.

KieranMurphy
And I found a cool way to clear your stars I never knew before. I had six stars and was escaping the army on foot and I jumped into the Toys'R'Us van and it instantly clears all your stars! I just got back out and went on my merry way,

KM.

Thats Acidmans way... check out the 2nd post in the "killing time in vice city" thread-- its just below Hunter killing method post (link in my sig).

Spuds

Nice. Never heard of that one. What happens if there's a Cop right next to you and as soon as you get in he opens the door and tries to bust you? Do you get arrested or does he just disappear or walk away?

Jimmy Enslashay
Nice. Never heard of that one. What happens if there's a Cop right next to you and as soon as you get in he opens the door and tries to bust you? Do you get arrested or does he just disappear or walk away?

It seems to work the same way as the Toyz 'n' The Hood vans in GTA3. If you've got a wanted level and hop into the van, the Toyz mission starts and the cop just wanders off.

KM.

Nice.

Also, I might try the Packer way for the Superjumps, even though on the Australian versions of Vice City, Superjumps don't seem to work. Not from Phil's Place anyway. Hopefully this works. I might wait for the screens or maybe a video clip from Spuds before I try, just to see exactly how it works.

I just turned on Vice city for the first time in about a month to try some superjumps. At first I couldn't get one to save my life, usually I'd keep getting stuck in some weird position forcing me to get off the bike and get another which was quite frustrating. I did get a few good ones though, but mostly I kept getting flung out into the middle of the ocean. I did have one very good one that landed me almost into the smaller airport north of escobar, a ways east of the air base entrance. I also one that went quite high but I wasn't using my 100% file so it caught fires easier, and I couldn't remember the health cheat so I blew up.... :guilty:

I almost made it to the stadium once, landed about 40 feet short of land (in the water)-- no stats-- I think that would have been a record (here).

I did that very same thing a while back. Too bad it doesn't register your distance in the water.

I don't think its as good but I do believe its easier to get-- I did it a few more times at the airport-- my best rotation was 8500 degrees, best distance was 300 meters or so (just over 1000 feet), haven't had a high one yet.

I'll try to get that clip up tonight-- I have it on my PC now but I have to compress and upload it.

Spuds.

Back