• Earn Sponsorships, 500-550hp Cap, Pro-am then Pro Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Angleeeee
Dibs on falken!

There can be multi cars to one team

Edit: I have chosen to run sponsors, you can do your own made up ones but you will have a budget just like everyone else. I will post all budgets for each team tomorrow. We can have atleast 2 of each team I list. So Here is my car for my sponsor (reppin my own shop) VIVIDRACING. I have a budget of $150,000 cr. So here is my car with as many upgrades as I could get and was left with $300 I dont know what to spend it on. I have 2 edits of this car, so check them out and let me know what you think?!

vividracing2.jpg

vividracing.jpg

Last edited:
I call Monster or Falken. And I think need for speed needs to be in there. Plus, it's a long shot, but it's might be worth asking drifted.com, OMGdrift.com to sponsor VDC and they may even blog the round on their website.

I think the budget thing is kind of stupid.... Its a game, you should be allowed have exactly what you want...

And I doubt NFS would have much to do with GT5...

I think the budget thing is kind of stupid.... Its a game, you should be allowed have exactly what you want...

And I doubt NFS would have much to do with GT5...

Yes but it brings more realism to it so you're not using a 200,000cr viper ACR with another 200,000cr worth of parts. Instead you are on a budget of you're sponsor which is closer to real life. Plus need for speed wouldn't be an official sponsor.

Powellx235
No but I like my Corvette.

I guess I'll have to find another 'me' car....

Depending on what sponsor you can get some parts free. Such as fallen you wont need to pay for ch tires. And for carbonetic you wont have to pay for LSD.

And even of you got a budget of $150,000cr. You can still buy a Corvette for that and they come with over 500 up stock. That's plenty. And besides xdc was suppose to be like fd pro am and they have a major budget cause they are RANDOMS like me and you. And not many can afford a corvette

Yeah but I'm just so used to having 700-800hp. I have all 3 corvettes tuned in different ways, and if I change the power, I have to change the tunes. And on a corvette its tricky to tune it to perfection, especially on a wheel...

Powellx235
Yeah but I'm just so used to having 700-800hp. I have all 3 corvettes tuned in different ways, and if I change the power, I have to change the tunes. And on a corvette its tricky to tune it to perfection, especially on a wheel...

gives you new challenges.

Could the Event have a Community youtube channel and show highlights of the events if you capture it with a HDPVR.
Then you can create a logo for the Event and such and get more intrest :)
- aswell as working along side with gtplanet ;)

That way, it might be extra work but the winning drifters / teams would get known as they deserve :D

Just at Idea stage... ;)

Could the Event have a Community youtube channel and show highlights of the events if you capture it with a HDPVR.
Then you can create a logo for the Event and such and get more intrest :)
- aswell as working along side with gtplanet ;)

That way, it might be extra work but the winning drifters / teams would get known as they deserve :D

Just at Idea stage... ;)

I will see what I can do for a VDC youtube channel, as of right now everything is put on our website. I will get ahold of someone I know to make a logo to put at the beginning of the videos but need to figure out still about someone who can just sit in to record video and make edit them. I dont have a capture card and suck at editing videos.

You could probably keep the corvette the way it is with a big sponsor.

You could probably keep the corvette the way it is with a big sponsor.

He will need to make a new one. He can transfer the tune, but he needs to make sure he stays within his sponsors budget. Since the corvette makes a decent amount of power as it is, his main focus would be on handling set up.

All sponsorships are listed in OP. I should have it set up to where all you will be able to understand it. I will post up there if you want a sponsorship you have created. But jsut a fore warning budget will be tight, due to it being not so well known (aka new business). These "made up Sponsors" will have a budget of $100,000Cr. Which is perfect sorta for say a Silvia or a Fairlady.

If you create a sponsor please post Name - Colors (Body/Wheel) And I will post it in the OP.

Also I will begin to setup the Sponsorship registration forms here soon. There will be (2) Drifters per sponsor only. I will update and let you know when registration is open.

Thanks guys!|

- Spank

Wow this sponsor thing is a big deal

But I must say I love the idea! How will it be possible to control people so that they keep in their budget?
The way you run it should keep absolutely the same though.

But I must say I love the idea! How will it be possible to control people so that they keep in their budget?

Everyone should do a write up with what they bought. And can I have first pick of sponsors for the idea (ooooh i'm a cheeky 🤬)

Well i guess I will just have to trust people I guess. Havent thought of that just hope people would be honest. But obviously if we haev a 350z destroying a 350z say you made (cause we trust you) and the other 350z is owned by a new comer and he pulls on you hard core we know something isnt right. I am changing things a bit such as points etc. I am running in it this time. Although its a blast watching your guy's talent I need to work on my skill by drifting with the best of the best. 👍

Everyone should do a write up with what they bought. And can I have first pick of sponsors for the idea (ooooh i'm a cheeky 🤬)

Yes you can.

Why don't we draw lots for the sponsors? That would be fair

BTW. I just realized how damn awesome this sponsor thing is! VDC becomes more and more like D1. People don't use their usual Driftmachines anymore, they have a competition-only car with sponsor colors just for the championship. These cars will be rarely seen in open lobbys.

For a D1 purist like me this is the pure AWEPICNESS :D

Last edited:
I think We should all get the same budget, because it just wouldn't be fair...

VDC wasnt fair in first season either. You have to understand VDC was suppose to be a proam series anyways. Which means its everyday normal people paying out of their own pocket for thier cars. Not everyone i know who is in it can afford Corvette ZR-1's. Every sponsor has its own budget due to (size of company & influence on the drifting community)

Why? I'm just saying, people with a bigger budget are bound to have a much better chance of winning than someone else...

I know I will have an advantage with this but we could do it like this:
As better you did in VDC season 1 as bigger your budget is.
For example: Gambino and me are the 2 at the top so we get the best sponsor (Red Bull etc.)

Just a thought because real sponsor would spend the most money on the drivers with the best results in the season before like they do it in racing series like Formula 1 as well.

I think We should all get the same budget, because it just wouldn't be fair...

Thats the point, if you beat a Zr1 with an S13 who's the better drifter, which bring brings me to the next idea.
Following from season 2, if a lower budget sponsored person does well. they get to choose a higher sponsor for season 3. Maybe some sort of level system so in season 2 you're with discount tyres (level 1 but you could progress to NOS energy drink (level 2).
It could work the other way as well, if you do badly, you can lose you're sponsor.

Lukas tree'd me

I know I will have an advantage with this but we could do it like this:
As better you did in VDC season 1 as bigger your budget is.
For example: Gambino and me are the 2 at the top so we get the best sponsor (Red Bull etc.)

Just a thought because real sponsor would spend the most money on the drivers with the best results in the season before like they do it in racing series like Formula 1 as well.

I was thinking something like that in the beginning, but not sure how much. I have talked to powell about doing something where depending on where you finish your sponsor will reward you with parts or giving you money added ontop of you budget.

Thats the point, if you beat a Zr1 with an S13 who's the better drifter, which bring brings me to the next idea.
Following from season 2, if a lower budget sponsored person does well. they get to choose a higher sponsor for season 3. Maybe some sort of level system so in season 2 you're with discount tyres (level 1 but you could progress to NOS energy drink (level 2).
It could work the other way as well, if you do badly, you can lose you're sponsor.

Lukas tree'd me

Very good point! Im liking the ideas keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back