Version Of GT2

• Thread starter CARLOVER96
  • 63 comments

What Version Of GT2 Do You Have?

• Total voters
What car are you using in that race?
I cant remember the name of the car but it is purple and it was about the 6th car I won. I buy the upgrade parts in Nissan. I can check tonight when I get home. I am tempted to run that race again to see if the Ford GT shows up. It was just way to easy without the FordGT on that race. I should have saved that replay of when I was sooo close to beating him. Hmm oh well.
Hmm I just looked at the entire GT2 car list and didnt recognize it. I will post it tonight for sure and possibly a replay. 👍

I just got home. The car is called "Sileighty"
4 and a half more hours today and now I have 26% of the game complete and I won 28 cars!!!! GT2 is sooooo fun!!!! 👍 :)

CAMAROBOY69
4 and a half more hours today and now I have 26% of the game complete and I won 28 cars!!!! GT2 is sooooo fun!!!! 👍 :)

GT2 is totally addictive!! The number of cars and all the different personalities have kept me playing at least every other day. And you're right about the Historic Race without the GT40: it's waaaay too easy! Actually, You'll find that most of the races are way too easy. That Historic race, the GT300, Tuned turbo series, the World Cup, and the Laguna Seca and Rome Enduros are some of the more difficult races, but even they are easily conquered if you have the right vehicle and you don't **** up your race.

One thing you might wanna try if you want more of a challenge is to enter cars that have anywhere from 50 to 200 hp less than the posted maximum. For instance; in the Trail Mountain Enduro, the maximum is 295 hp. Well, let's say you enter a Peugeot 106 Rallye in this race and give it stage 3 tuning with racing aspiration...it'll have 190 hp. But since the other cars in the enduro have a similar pound to power ratio, (I've determined this by looking up their stats. Most of these cars in the TM enduro seem to be running on normal tires, suspension, and very few if any engine modifications) you'll be able to still win this race, but it will be more of a challenge because you'll be relying on your wits, cornering, and sometimes luck...not just horsepower. Believe me, after winning race after race, you might start getting bored. I prefer more of a challenge!

Last edited:
CAMAROBOY69
The Sileighty is a good mid-range car that, with the right setup, can beat cars that are 'better' than it. That's what I found racing it in GT. Looks pretty good to.

I forgot to mention that I have been beating the game with about 50less HP than the competition. I also forgot to mention that almost all of my wins yesterday were with the station wagon WRX :lol: Wow talk about a sleeper. I had that thing up to 423hp so far and around 140+ mph!
I finally won my first high HP car! I was soo excited. :dopey:
It has 555HP when you win it and looks like a snow plow on the front. Similar to the Escudo from GT3. I think it is a Skyline or something similar. Its blue..
edit: it is the Skyline Silhouette Formula.

CAMAROBOY69
I forgot to mention that I have been beating the game with about 50less HP than the competition. I also forgot to mention that almost all of my wins yesterday were with the station wagon WRX :lol: Wow talk about a sleeper. I had that thing up to 423hp so far and around 140+ mph!
I finally won my first high HP car! I was soo excited. :dopey:
It has 555HP when you win it and looks like a snow plow on the front. Similar to the Escudo from GT3. I think it is a Skyline or something similar. Its blue..
edit: it is the Skyline Silhouette Formula.
You're right about the snow plough.:lol:

I played for a while this weekend (about 10hours)and now I am around 44% thru this game. 👍 The last vehicle I won was a 800HP Speed 12. I also have 2 drag cars that have 1,100 hp wow! Thats how much they came with too. I havent tried to add any upgrades to those. I am sure I cant though.

Here's another good bump. :) Sorry, I'm bored at work today. Anyways, which version of GT2 have you got?

As any cartophile could guess from my flag, I have the PAL version. Doesn't let me down... much!

I had the first versions of the PAL copy of GT2, which had a GT logo on the disc. Then I bought the platinum versions.

I had the first versions of the PAL copy of GT2, which had a GT logo on the disc. Then I bought the platinum versions.

I think I've still got the Orange/Blue discs. They were awesome.

^ When you rub the disc's, don't they smell of burnt rubber and petrol?

There was a "scratch 'n' sniff" edition of GT2 or something but I forget what year and version if was. It might have been GT1 actually.

I either have 1.0 or 1.1. Can someone tell me which one I have?
- I haven't ever dealt with the dissapearing garage bug.
- The GT40 does indeed show up on Rome in the Historic Car Event
- The Peugeot 206 doesn't hit the wall on Tahiti Maze, it's able to finish the race.
- Car Wash Says 5,000cr when it's 50cr.
- I can Racing Mod a ford Taurus to get the #6 Vavoline Mark Martin NASCAR Taurus
- The Vector M12 Lm as far as I know doesn't show up in the Trial Mountain Endurance
- I see almost no Typos in my Version of GT2.

I have the Pal version (Platinum). Well, I had, since I won't bet I would find it anywhere now that I think about it. I was lucky enough to decide, some 5-6 years ago, to make a ".iso" image out of my original discs so at least I can make backup copies. A friend of mine at the time had the original "non-platinum" version of the game and, literally, tons of memory cards containing EVERY car in the game (at least the ones you could buy) as in his opinion "That's the goal of the game". Memorable times, before the NFS Underground craze came out and ruined it all ("Hey, there's N2O!")

Back