Video Games You Currently Want?

United States
The US of A
If you’re a gamer, it's only natural you’re going to see a game you like and probably want to get it whenever you get the chance. So the question is simple, what games do you currently want, what are you looking forward to when it releases, and why? Doesn’t matter if it’s an upcoming game or one that has been out for years, tell us what yours is!

Disclaimer: This is NOT a thread to sell or trade them, please do not use it as such.

Last edited:
Honestly, for the first time in ages I don't think there's a single game that's currently out that I don't own that I'm bothered about. I got one of those horrid Vanilla Gift Card things for my birthday and converted it to a PSN voucher, and I struggled to find much to spend it on. Eventually went for MX vs ATV Legends but wasn't particularly desperate for it. WRC23 is the next one I'm looking at but God knows when that's coming. I used to be all over the weekly sales on Psn and Xbox etc but haven't checked them for ages because there's nothing I'm eyeing.

Pikmin 4 is the only thing I'm quite looking forward to. I would say the new Forza Motorsport but I'm not actually that excited for it. I'll enjoy it and put ungodly amounts of hours into it like past entries for sure, but I'm not overly hyped.

My Steam wishlist is, like, well over 500 items long now, I think, but I use it to keep track of games more than anything. But between money being tight at the moment and having a huge backlog, even though I added some things to my cart yesterday I don't think I'll go through with it, but I was thinking of buying Dave the Diver, Mass Effect Legendary edition, Blade Runner Enhanced edition, Buggy Game, Ori and the Blind Forest and Understand - a couple of those were tactical choices to get the value up to an arbitrary round number though so I might just get Dave. Also intrigued by Sludge Life 2...

This month's Humble Choice bundle looks decent though so I'll probably get that, suppose I'll wait until the end of the month and see how I feel.

As for games that aren't out yet... I don't really get excited for them anymore because new games invariably launch in a really rough state and take months to be patched up (if that ever actually happens), but I'm definitely keeping an eye out for news on Death Stranding 2, Armoured Core 6, Brigador Killers, whatever the sequel to Paradise Killer is called, Nivalis and the sequel to Citizen Sleeper.

Edit: oh and Skin Deep! There are too many games.

Last edited:
Some I have had on my mind lately are:

1. High On Life: Been watching a lot of videos on this game and I want to play it because I like the humor and it makes me want to give it a shot just to see how many things give me a good laugh. The music also seems promising and I like what I have heard so far. Might give it a try on my free month of Game Pass I got recently just to make sure it's enough to warrant that $60 price tag.
2. Call of Duty Black IV, Cold War, and Vanguard: All of these were ones I had wanted to get on the PS4, but since it's running out of space and I now that I have an Xbox Series X, I'm getting them for this console. My reason is simply that I have liked zombie mode since Black Ops 1 and I want to keep playing what the series has to offer.
3. Spyro The Reignited Trilogy: Being a long-time fan of Spyro, this has been on my radar since prior to its release and I have been meaning to get it, but I have put off on it because I wanted to play through the first 3 games before buying it. The problem is, I haven't been in the right mood to play through them for one reason or another and I don't want to buy it until then. Like the ones above, this was also one I intended to get on PS4, but I decided I wanted to get it for this console since I heard it runs better and because my PS4 is running out of space.
4. Crash Bandicoot 4. Also a big of Crash and since this is a sequel to the series I know and love, it's only natural I'd want this one too. Yet another game I originally wanted for the PS4, but the reason I am getting it for this console is the same as the 2 above.
5. Need for Speed Payback, Heat, and Unbound: Although it was flawed, NFS 2015 renewed my interest in the series after being disappointed so many times before, and naturally, I have wanted to see where they go from there. From what I have seen and heard of these games, they look promising. (at least to me they do) The first 2, like the others, were ones I originally considered for the PS4, but am now wanting for the Series X instead.
6. Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga: Always loved the Lego Star Wars series and given the effort they put into this release, it looks like a blast!
1. Star Wars Battlefront II (2005): This game on PS2 is legendary to me, many hours have been poured into it since my brother got it back in 2006 and theirs few games I have played more than this one. So naturally, I have a lot of interest in this game already, but why am I wanting to buy it yet again? Well first off, trying to emulate the PS2 version on Series X via dev mode has issues that cannot be fixed to my knowledge and it makes me not even want to play it on there. Secondly, and most importantly, the Xbox version of this game is backward compatible, has none of the issues I just mentioned, can be played at higher resolutions with decent performance and it even comes with some DLC maps that the PS2 version didn't even have. Seeing how well the first game plays on it after trying it last night, I am pretty anxious to try this one too someday. However, I am not going to get it anytime soon because I want to play the PS2 version some just to get a feel for it the way I've always known it so I can appreciate the emulated Xbox version more and do some mods. Speaking of which, I am wanting to get a physical copy of the game so I can eventually modify it if an original Xbox emulator comes to dev mode someday, something I won't be able to do if I buy it digitally.
1. M&M's The Lost Formulas: Played this game about 20 years ago when I was in elementary school and I can remember liking it quite a bit. However, I haven't played it since then and that's something I'd like to change since this game is one I am still pretty fond of even now.
2. NASCAR Heat 5: Already have it for Xbox, but I want it for the PC mainly so I can get access to the game's files and extract things like music and maybe install mods if they ever come to this game.
3. Hot Wheels Crash: Played a demo of this game as a kid and have played the full version some, but now I want to actually add it to my collection since it's a fun little game.
1. Gran Turismo 7: Yea, this is literally the only one I want for this console currently since most of the ones I wanted to get originally are available on the Series X. I want this game because I've always loved the GT series and some of the things I've read about the updates look to be quite promising. However, it will be quite some time before I ever get it because I want to play through GTS some since I haven't done much in it at all.
1. Call of Duty World at War: About the only PS3 game I really want right now since I have a lot of what I had wanted already. My reason for wanting this one on this console and not Xbox 360 is because Shi No Numa has something that no other version of the game has, my PS3 has plenty of space and since it's jailbroken, I can tinker with the game more easily. I have this game on PC already, but I never enjoy PC games as much as their console counterparts and I am hoping by getting it on console, maybe then I'll get a more desirable experience.
1. Gran Turismo Concept (not sure which): This is something I have thought about for some time now, but just haven't bothered to get it yet. Though after playing through GT3 last year, it's motivated me to get it a little sooner than before and whenever I get back to GT3 and beat it, I'll probably get it then. I am not entirely sure which version I currently want, but I'll figure it out eventually. Yes, I am aware it was never sold in the US and it won't work on my console as is, but I have mine soft-modded, so this won't matter for me since I can play region-free games this way.
1. Test Drive Offroad 3: After getting Test Drive Offroad 2 about 8 years ago, it's among one of the best PS1 games I have ever bought and has a lot of meaning to me as a result. Given the 3rd game is a sequel to this one and appears to be based on Test Drive 5, a childhood favorite of mine that also means a lot to me, it's not difficult to imagine why I would want this one.
2. Euro Demo 87: I want this mainly because it contains one of the oldest known demos of GT2 and the beta tracks are something I always found amusing in this particular build after seeing Xenn's videos about it on Youtube over a decade ago.
3. Kazmania 2 Chaos in Kazmania, K9, Calamity, PK's Place, and various other Lightspan games: Yea this a guilty pleasure of mine simply because I played them back when I was in elementary school. It was a pretty important part of my 4th-grade year and I am wanting to get the games I played back then since they have meaning to me even now. I already have a good number of them and I am hoping to one day complete my collection.
1. Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron: This is one I have considered for many years now since I liked Renegade Squadron a lot, but I just haven't bothered with it I guess because I rarely play my PSP these days. Despite this, it's still a game I desire and will probably get one day anyways.
2. Burnout Dominator: Tristan H recommended this to me last year and while I am not big on Burnout anymore, I do at the very least want to give it a try since it apparently fixes one of my biggest problems with these games.
1. GT Advance (Japanese version): Although I have this game already, it's the American release and it has that dreaded password function instead of a proper save feature and I hate it. So I am wanting to get the Japanese release since it has an actual save feature.
2. GT Advance 2 and 3: Since I liked the first game, I certainly want to give the sequels a try, especially since I want more racing games on this system.
1. Tarzan: Saw this game last year, but didn't get it and I honestly regret that decision now because it looks decent.
1. Tom and Jerry Frantic Antic's: Saw this recently, but didn't realize it until I went through my photos later and I sort of wish I had grabbed it now.
2. Toy Story: Same as Tarzan on GBC.

And I think that's all for me unless I forgot some. Man, I didn't realize how many I actually wanted until I started typing this post! :dunce:

Last edited:
Nothing thats coming soon or is already out is particularly blowing me away to say "I want this".

-Forza Motorsport isn't showing enough justification for a reboot
-TDU Solar Crown has shown pretty screenshots but zero gameplay
-The Crew Motorfest is being published by Ubisoft
-F1 23 is continuing its EA-ification

The only game I may actually consider is probably iRacing since the rest of the racing genre (and the rest of the games industry) is stuck in a majorly deep rut of its own making

F123 - will complete F1 GP modes in F1 2021 and F122 before buying it.

WRC23

Last edited:
Starfield
Cities Skylines 2
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Spiderman 2
Frostpunk 2

(Diablo 4 eventually)

Haven't had too much desire for newer games with live services, battle passes, etc. Got some that are still on my wishlist to find (physically) although I haven't really bothered much to search the retro game shops in a while.

Geist (Gamecube) - Interesting mechanics that I'd like to try out and I could swear I remember playing a demo on one of those Best Buy/Toys R Us video game demo stations.

Sega Touring Car Challenge (Sega Saturn) - Always enjoy the Sega arcade racers, so I'd like to see how their Touring Car game is after having so much fun with the likes of Sega Rally, Initial D arcade cabinets, and Outrun.

Mercedes-Benz World Racing (Xbox, PS2, Gamecube) - Not sure if it was physically sold in the US, but definitely curious to find it and play with it. I enjoy manufacturer based games that let you play with almost the entire lineup, even the dull and odd ones like in MB World Racing. Things like the C-Class wagon, Sportcoupe, E-Class wagon, etc. Edit: Wikipedia says they released in North America for just Xbox, so I still have some hope to find it.

GT Advance 2 Rally (Game Boy Advance) - Played through GT Advance 1 and 3, but never the rally focused 2. Of course, it's aged quite a bit, but I still find myself curious to try it.

Michelin Rally Masters: Race of Champions (PS1) - There were so many rally games back in the day, I just want to try them all out, especially when they have licensed cars. And my obsession of oddballs like it having the 1st gen Toyota RAV4.

Superstars V8 Next Challenge (PC, PS3, Xbox360) - Bought the prequel digitally on the PSN store, but would love to play with the slightly larger car list in this game. Love how different this racing series was, but sad it didn't last too long. Having doubts that they sold it physically in North America sadly.

Chivalry 2 (PC) - Really enjoyed playing the original with my brother in online bot matches, especially the hilarious voice acting. Hoping it's the same with this one and waiting for a Steam sale at a decent price. Maybe one of the few newer games I still would like to get.

Motortoon Grand Prix (PS1) - Curious to try Polyphony's first racing game, ever since Digital Foundry mentioned it, I really want to see the relations between it and Gran Turismo. Not sure if it sold in North America either.

I'm sure I have more to add, but didn't want to make the post too big. Thankfully have found most of what I've been looking for, for retro games. Just need to find time to actually play through them.

Last edited:
GT Advance 2 Rally (Game Boy Advance) - Played through GT Advance 1 and 3, but never the rally focused 2. Of course, it's aged quite a bit, but I still find myself curious to try it.

Motortoon Grand Prix (PS1) - Curious to try Polyphony's first racing game, ever since Digital Foundry mentioned it, I really want to see the relations between it and Gran Turismo. Not sure if it sold in North America either.
Loved the GT Advance series, kinda felt like a GBA version of the Gran Turismo games. The rally one was my favorite of the three games, if I recall the rally one had elevation changes whereas 1 and 3 were totally flat courses. Might be wrong about that...

Motortoon was a childhood favorite of mine, had surprisingly good driving physics between the vehicles, not surprising considering GT came after. There was a sequel, but I don't think that was ever sold in the US.

The game I currently most want to play is Metroid Prime 4, but the lack of details since it was announced is concerning. But rumor has it that Prime 2 will be release on Switch soon (not a full remaster like the first game though) so that will hold me over.

Last edited:
Loved the GT Advance series, kinda felt like a GBA version of the Gran Turismo games. The rally one was my favorite of the three games, if I recall the rally one had elevation changes whereas 1 and 3 were totally flat courses. Might be wrong about that...

Motortoon was a childhood favorite of mine, had surprisingly good driving physics between the vehicles, not surprising considering GT came after. There was a sequel, but I don't think that was ever sold in the US.

The game I currently most want to play is Metroid Prime 4, but the lack of details since it was announced is concerning. But rumor has it that Prime 2 will be release on Switch soon (not a full remaster like the first game though) so that will hold me over.
I remember playing them and as a kid, thinking it was an official Gran Turismo game. :lol: Never realized that they had made a rally focused game until I watched Kacey's video on GT clones.

So the original Motortoon was available in the US? Can only imagine it's rather hard to find.

So the original Motortoon was available in the US? Can only imagine it's rather hard to find.
Indeed it was, looks like they're available around Ebay for about $40-50 USD for the PS1. However, if you have a PS3, I am pretty sure the game was available to download on that digitally.

If you do manage to get it/ play it I strongly suggest watching the opening video for the game. It's wild and very Japanese... if I recall the lyrics were in Japanese even for the US version. 🤣

Haven't had too much desire for newer games with live services, battle passes, etc. Got some that are still on my wishlist to find (physically) although I haven't really bothered much to search the retro game shops in a while.

Geist (Gamecube) - Interesting mechanics that I'd like to try out and I could swear I remember playing a demo on one of those Best Buy/Toys R Us video game demo stations.

Sega Touring Car Challenge (Sega Saturn) - Always enjoy the Sega arcade racers, so I'd like to see how their Touring Car game is after having so much fun with the likes of Sega Rally, Initial D arcade cabinets, and Outrun.

Mercedes-Benz World Racing (Xbox, PS2, Gamecube) - Not sure if it was physically sold in the US, but definitely curious to find it and play with it. I enjoy manufacturer based games that let you play with almost the entire lineup, even the dull and odd ones like in MB World Racing. Things like the C-Class wagon, Sportcoupe, E-Class wagon, etc. Edit: Wikipedia says they released in North America for just Xbox, so I still have some hope to find it.

Michelin Rally Masters: Race of Champions (PS1) - There were so many rally games back in the day, I just want to try them all out, especially when they have licensed cars. And my obsession of oddballs like it having the 1st gen Toyota RAV4.

Superstars V8 Next Challenge (PC, PS3, Xbox360) - Bought the prequel digitally on the PSN store, but would love to play with the slightly larger car list in this game. Love how different this racing series was, but sad it didn't last too long. Having doubts that they sold it physically in North America sadly.

Chivalry 2 (PC) - Really enjoyed playing the original with my brother in online bot matches, especially the hilarious voice acting. Hoping it's the same with this one and waiting for a Steam sale at a decent price. Maybe one of the few newer games I still would like to get.

I'm sure I have more to add, but didn't want to make the post too big. Thankfully have found most of what I've been looking for, for retro games. Just need to find time to actually play through them.
You're talking my language there. While there are precisely zero modern games I really want at the moment I would love to find a good copy of (off the top of my head) F-Zero GX, Porsche Challenge, Wip3out or Rallisport Challenge 2. I'm constantly on the hunt every time I pass a retro games shop. Also scouring those places for a Sega Saturn because I still have a Sega Rally Championship disc (I found it in the reverse of my DC Sega Rally 2 case!) but nothing to play it on! I know the easiest place to get most of those is CeX but I tend to avoid them.

Last edited:
Some more games I either forgot to mention and some I just recently decided I wanted:
1. Pizza Hut Demo Disc 2. Pretty much the same reason I want Euro Demo 87. It has some early versions of tracks in GT2 and even some that never even made it to the final game. Xenn did videos on them years ago and it was something that always fascinated me.
2. Jumping Flash! 2. Although I haven't played through the 1st yet, I really like it as a game and I am already wanting to play its sequel because the first is so good! Who knows when I'll get it though because it's expensive!
3. Hydro Thunder. Passed by this game several times and I still regret not getting it when I had the chance. It looks like fun and I seem to recall it had some pretty colors that I found attractive.
1. Hydro Thunder Hurricane. Recently learned this was available for the system and given my interest in the PS1 game, I am certainly curious to see how this one is.
2. Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005). Don't know how I forgot about this one. While it's no secret Most Wanted has never been a huge favorite of mine, I do at the very least like the game and I heard the 360 version has the best graphics out of all of the versions they made. Having played the PS2 version over the years, I feel like this could be a refreshing change after being used to that version for so long.
1. Test Drive 6. Having played Super RC Pro Am recently, I have developed a fondness for isometric racing games on this system. With that and the fact I already liked the Test Drive series, this one seems like a good candidate!
2. Shantae. Saw MVG on Youtube talk about this game and being a guy who enjoyed Crash Bandicoot growing up, this feels like it would be right up my alley!

Last edited:
Cities Skylines 2, I need that game in my life right now!
Yep, this looks incredible and is on my must buy list. A proper next gen city builder, I can't think of a better way to lose a chunk of my life.

I'm waiting for news on new Test Drive Unlimited. They are posting monthly dev blogs but there's still no release date beyond '2023' which doesn't give me much hope. But the idea is one I love, if done with the detail they promise it should be pretty impressive.

GTA VI - Really can't wait to see what Rockstar deliver with this even if the current state of GTA online has given me some concerns.

Some more games I either forgot to mention and some I just recently decided I wanted:
2. Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005). Don't know how I forgot about this one. While it's no secret Most Wanted has never been a huge favorite of mine, I do at the very least like the game and I heard the 360 version has the best graphics out of all of the versions they made. Having played the PS2 version over the years, I feel like this could be a refreshing change after being used to that version for so long.
I never actually played through the main story mode (not sure if that's what it's called) myself when the game was fairly new. We have it on the original Xbox and I only ever watched my brother play through it, whilst joining in for split screen races. Craving going through the main mode again by myself, but don't want to overwrite my brother's save file on our original Xbox. Really sad that it's harder to get a copy, especially considering how well it sold with the licensing issues for most EA games. Sad it's not on the backwards compatibility list for either Xbox360 or Xbox One.

Trying to find a 360 copy for myself as well as I'm not sure I can go back to the PS2 or GameCube copy to make it so I don't have to overwrite my brother's save. Been playing several 360 games lately, so I'd like to have more reason to use it.

I do wonder if I'd actually enjoy it or find it a bit tedious as Raycevick made a video about it.

You're talking my language there. While there are precisely zero modern games I really want at the moment I would love to find a good copy of (off the top of my head) F-Zero GX, Porsche Challenge, Wip3out or Rallisport Challenge 2. I'm constantly on the hunt every time I pass a retro games shop. Also scouring those places for a Sega Saturn because I still have a Sega Rally Championship disc (I found it in the reverse of my DC Sega Rally 2 case!) but nothing to play it on! I know the easiest place to get most of those is CeX but I tend to avoid them.
I find progression in new games to not feel as satisfying and the odd cars of the old generation games garners more of my interest than the latest and greatest cars that games like GT7 and FH5 trickle out so slowly, you lose interest in. I was excited when FH5 got the new Cadillac Blackwings, but the fact I had to wait a week between the two and work for it with annoying live service style events just frustrates me. I could go on a rant with how tired I am of the current gaming industry. Especially racing games as someone in this forum made a thread about with Raycevick's video.

Really sad that it's harder to get a copy, especially considering how well it sold with the licensing issues for most EA games.
Indeed. I recently went to 2 stores that sell old video games and didn't see it anywhere and making matters worse, Gamestop no longer carries 360 or PS3 games anymore. I can't find very many copies on eBay either and it doesn't help the 2012 game also shares the same name. Of course, when I do find it, it's unusually expensive I guess because it's a very desirable game.
Sad it's not on the backwards compatibility list for either Xbox360 or Xbox One.
Indeed. It would be a blast to play the 360 version on the Series X if it was supported, but I understand why it isn't. Though it is worth noting, a certain 360 emulator was recently ported as a UWP app for dev mode, so you could theoretically play that game on it now, but I have no idea how well it will run.
Trying to find a 360 copy for myself as well as I'm not sure I can go back to the PS2 or GameCube copy to make it so I don't have to overwrite my brother's save. Been playing several 360 games lately, so I'd like to have more reason to use it.
I can understand that, I hate tampering with data as well, especially when it's not mine. Though I don't have any data on the PS2 version that I really want to avoid tampering with, I simply just want to experience the game again on a better system.
I do wonder if I'd actually enjoy it or find it a bit tedious as Raycevick made a video about it.
Haven't seen that video, but I did play through the game twice in 2016 and part of another and I found it to be a bit tedious. Though it's been years since I played it again, so maybe it won't be so bad this time around. I am actually thinking about revisiting the PS2 version again sometime just as a refresher because I regretted not revisiting Star Wars Battlefront (2004) on PS2 months prior to getting the Xbox version of the game.

Last edited:
I want to get a Switch (likely an OLED variant) so I can also get the following:

Pokemon Sword
Pokemon Legends Arceus
Pokemon Shining Pearl
Pokemon Scarlet
Metroid Dread
Metroid Prime Remastered
Advance Wars: Re-Boot Camp

I also want the next Ace Combat game, which I think has been confirmed to be in development. Strange how nothing was really announced for the series' anniversary late last month, but maybe we'll hear something about it later this year at GamesCom or the Tokyo Games Show. I'd also be hyped for remakes of previous Ace Combat titles, and/or a game with a more robust multiplayer in the vein of Infinity, albeit without the "freemium" aspect.

Last edited:
Speaking of NFS, I completely forgot about the PSP games!
1. Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0 and Need for Speed Carbon Own The City. Simply put, I liked the MW and Carbon on PS2 and I liked Underground Rivals on PSP as well, so I am curious to see how these are too.
2. Need for Speed Prostreet. Kind of iffy about this one because I don't remember being too impressed with it from what I saw on Youtube, but I still can't help but want to try it anyway.
3. Need for Speed Shift. Okay, this is an unusual one for me because I have this already on PS3 and I didn't like it. However, I am actually tempted to give this a try because it borrows some things from Prostreet, including some of the bosses, and in a way, looks kind of like a sequel to that game. Actually curious to check this one out someday.

Back