Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,720 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holden are in the same boat as Mercedes and Nissan and even Ford. Everyone debuted new cars. The VF won, and it won on debut. Time to get over it!!
I'm just thinking about this from a marketing point of view. Implying that the whole marque has triumphed on debut is exactly what I'd do if I was in Holden's marketing department.

Although I do dispute the idea that Holden are on the same level as Mercedes and Nissan. Mercedes and Nissan are virgin manufacturers; Mercedes hasn't competed before, whilst Nissan haven't raced here in over twenty years. But despite running a new model of car, Holden have plenty of experience to fall back on.
 
I was looking forward to Fab's last lap but, Tander clearly wasn't going for a flier even with his lights on, he showed no pace at the last turn.
 
I'm just thinking about this from a marketing point of view. Implying that the whole marque has triumphed on debut is exactly what I'd do if I was in Holden's marketing department.

Although I do dispute the idea that Holden are on the same level as Mercedes and Nissan. Mercedes and Nissan are virgin manufacturers; Mercedes hasn't competed before, whilst Nissan haven't raced here in over twenty years. But despite running a new model of car, Holden have plenty of experience to fall back on.

And you got all of this from one lousy poster?? All they were saying is the VF Commodore won on debut. It did didnt it? Nothing wrong with that or implications they somehow battled against all odds. Just stating a simple fact
 
Race starting very soon, cant wait!! :D:D:D Hoping for more Lowndes ;):D
 
Warm up lap starting for the 2nd race of 2013! :D
 
Why, on the channel 7 graphic of the grid, do they show holden, ford and nissan logos, but erebus instead of mercedes?
 
Figures, stream isn't working for the start. :rolleyes:
 
Was thinking that it won't load up for me :(.
 
Site won't work for me. :grumpy:

Edit: Working now
 
Why, on the channel 7 graphic of the grid, do they show holden, ford and nissan logos, but erebus instead of mercedes?

Holden, Ford and Nissan have invested in the series, Mercedes have not. There is no factory team.
 
Holden, Ford and Nissan have invested in the series, Mercedes have not. There is no factory team.

It is still a Mercedes car though. The V8SC people seem pretty happy to promote its presence. If factory backing is required to get your logo on screen, then a bunch of teams shouldnt get holden or ford logos either.
 
They have a lot of work to do stabilizing this stream before I'll commit to paying for it...
 
I would think that if you have data for a live axle rear end car at a track, and you wanted to switch to an independent rear in a new car, the data you had, would be better used for holding your hotdog than applying it to the car. There, is a leveller for sure.

The big difference is going to be on "who" you have on your team as a developer and technical engineer.
888/RB have this area well covered as they showed when changing from Ford to Holden.
I dare say there will be many improvements from the newcomers in the races to come.
 
It is still a Mercedes car though. The V8SC people seem pretty happy to promote its presence. If factory backing is required to get your logo on screen, then a bunch of teams shouldnt get holden or ford logos either.

It's an Erebus Motorsport car, with a Mercedes engine and badge.
 
They have a lot of work to do stabilizing this stream before I'll commit to paying for it...

Australian internet is not something to invest in...

We are getting a new network set-up in the next few years, so it may get better slowly over time...
 
They have a lot of work to do stabilizing this stream before I'll commit to paying for it...

That is what I was thinking, last night It work pretty well for me but now it's spotty. I understand a few hiccups once in awhile at times. The funny thing is it will say video isn't an option but then it's playing.

Atleast so far both Frosty and Will are doing good!

So why is internet so iffy in Australia? I mean this is 2013 and they aren't exactly behind the times by any means.
 
That is what I was thinking, last night It work pretty well for me but now it's spotty. I understand a few hiccups once in awhile at times. The funny thing is it will say video isn't an option but then it's playing.

Atleast so far both Frosty and Will are doing good!

So why is internet so iffy in Australia? I mean this is 2013 and they aren't exactly behind the times by any means.

Well, lots of our inforstructure in several areas is behind the times.
The internet isn't fast. For instance, we've only recently moved to a 4G mobile network, and we're only now overhauling our copper wires to fibre-optic in our telecommunications.

It doesn't help the fact that one company has all but a monopoly on the networks.
 
Can someone tell me what happened to Premat? I missed the first 10 laps and just heard them mention he was in the garage.
 
Can someone tell me what happened to Premat? I missed the first 10 laps and just heard them mention he was in the garage.

The commentator's are speculating it was power steering failure. He had what looked like an engine failure (judging by the smoke plum) but got it back to the pits.
 
Can someone tell me what happened to Premat? I missed the first 10 laps and just heard them mention he was in the garage.

He lost powersteering and had to come in.
 
So why is internet so iffy in Australia? I mean this is 2013 and they aren't exactly behind the times by any means.

Try driving the wrong side of the road during peak hour traffic.
 
Try driving the wrong side of the road during peak hour traffic.

What does the side of the road we drive have to do with anything???
 
What does the side of the road we drive have to do with anything???

I was wondering but there are idiots everywhere!

If I listen to much more of the broadcast, I will be changing how I say Nissan. It seems around here we call say it more like Nisson vs Nissan.
 
That is what I was thinking, last night It work pretty well for me but now it's spotty. I understand a few hiccups once in awhile at times. The funny thing is it will say video isn't an option but then it's playing.

Atleast so far both Frosty and Will are doing good!

So why is internet so iffy in Australia? I mean this is 2013 and they aren't exactly behind the times by any means.

Is the sound off for you? Video has been pretty solid for a while now but the sound is behind the video a couple seconds.
 
Yeah, sound's slightly off here as well.
 
I noticed that. I was squinting at the screen trying to make sence of the sound to pictures and worked out is was behind..
 
Is the sound off for you? Video has been pretty solid for a while now but the sound is behind the video a couple seconds.

Yeah I didn't notice til they did the Frosty brake lock-up. It's not as too bad though as it's kind of hard to notice most of the time but I'm glad someone is willing to try streaming. Now if we can get the rest of the world on to it! 💡

I will be actually impressed if SVG wins!
 
Need a rethink of ventilation systems for the cars. Maybe the Aircon like Corvette use for Lemans or sliding cut outs for driver and passenger side front doors windows.
 
Alex Davison in the wall, there was no way that was going to work there...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back