Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,718 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be awesome with the mixture of cars.
 
aaand the 3rd Mercedes doesn't even get the formation lap done
 
Barra333
aaand the 3rd Mercedes doesn't even get the formation lap done

Cars are new needs to work the bugs.
 
Cars with random teething problems all over the place
 
Well this was little surprising with both Giz and Frosty. Atleast the stream is nice and works on my iPod! Anyone know the pricing?
 
Well half the cars are having issues, and the two cars I don't want to see up front are currently 1-2.

Hopefully tomorrow is better...

Well this was little surprising with both Giz and Frosty. Atleast the stream is nice and works on my iPod! Anyone know the pricing?

Not announced yet.
 
C'mon Coulthard!
 
R1600Turbo
Well half the cars are having issues, and the two cars I don't want to see up front are currently 1-2.

Hopefully tomorrow is better...

Not announced yet.

I was impressed with few guys but didn't want to see repeat of 888 last year.
 
Well half the cars are having issues, and the two cars I don't want to see up front are currently 1-2.

Hopefully tomorrow is better...

Don't be so pessimistic. BJR have shown good pace, as have Tekno and GRM. And Frosty started P2 so the FPR cars have pace too. At the very least we should get a win from at least 1 other team this year.
 
Dunno if TV has picked this up, but Caruso's Norton Altima is starting to smoke now.
 
Apparently it's only tire smoke.
 
This telecast is the worst, channel 10's telecast was so much better, where is the live timing ticker? where is all the additional information? this is 🤬
 
^^^ I'm loving the live stream on the website. No ad breaks. :D

Don't be so pessimistic. BJR have shown good pace, as have Tekno and GRM. And Frosty started P2 so the FPR cars have pace too. At the very least we should get a win from at least 1 other team this year.

Still the Holden show. I know they outnumber everyone else, but it'll be nice to see some variety once the new cars get things figured out.
 
^^^ I'm loving the live stream on the website. No ad breaks. :D

:grumpy:

And now Coulthard has no brakes. Disappointing.
 
Poor coulthard, brutal luck. Great for GRM though, Premat in 4th and Mclaughlin in 6th!

Wow, did you see that shock absorber from Brights car? Looked like a banana! :lol:
 
Great for GRM though, Premat in 4th and Mclaughlin in 6th!

Fantastic run by the both GRM drivers. Especially Mclaughlin.👍

And pretty good run by HRT to finish 5th & 7th.
 
Well Davison had a good run! It looks like almost everyone had issues outside RedBull, go figure. I like Craig but dislike the team but never been huge fan of top dog teams.

The stream was one of the best I've ever seen honestly. I'm highly impressed, hopefully someone from NASCAR was watching to show them the future!
 
... In the end, it wasn't really that great.

Yeah, woulda been better if Winterbottom and Van Gisbergen had managed to stay at the front, they could have given Lowndes a good challenge. Hopefully we get a better fight tomorrow.

Really good run by both GRM drivers, and absolutely terrible luck for Coulthard, he looked on for a podium until he lost his brakes.
 
Even the live stream was lacking something, the live stream for the Rolex 24 and Bathurst 12 hour was ten fold better,
 
Yeah, woulda been better if Winterbottom and Van Gisbergen had managed to stay at the front, they could have given Lowndes a good challenge. Hopefully we get a better fight tomorrow.
I don't know; it just felt like any other round of the championship, and not the season-opener. Perhaps it came down to the way the commentators kept telling us that nobody had any idea what was going to happen, making it sound like we would be in for something earth-shattering, which never really came about.
 
Well the biggest design feature of the COF is that its suppose to allow cars to run inside 40mm apart, the smallest gap I seen was 40M, It was.... Boring!
 
Am I correct that the race tomorrow starts at 1am EST? Or am I off.
 
Even the live stream was lacking something, the live stream for the Rolex 24 and Bathurst 12 hour was ten fold better,

Well there were no ads, it was solid about 95% of the time, and the quality wasn't horrible. So it's the best thing we've had internationally for quite a while, and I'm not going to complain one bit.
 
Am I correct that the race tomorrow starts at 1am EST? Or am I off.

The first race was almost OVER by 1AM EST. I think the start time is between 11PM EST and 12AM EST. I got on about midnight EST and missed almost half of the first race, so I think the start time is around 11PM EST at the very earliest.
 
Maybe I will have to check the livestream out, the live telecast by channel 7 was terrible
 
Sorry I should have gone and checked back :dunce:

Thanks though :)

I would imagine though that the V8SupercarsOfficial YouTube channel will shove the full-length race up at some point. They have all races from 2012 in it's entire length. The one downside is that it is a few weeks after the race and in that time more races could have been covered. Clipsal 500 last year was on 1-4 March and the race was published to YouTube on April 22. By that time Tasmania has been run and Hamilton was being run.

But that is a small price to pay. I am content with that.
 
The live stream is the same stream we get on channel 7, just that Aaron Noonan commentates the live stream when Channel 7 goes to an add break.
 
6112B649-288A-4647-A6B6-EB794C6264BC-1085-000000FC8561486C_zpsde6a3533.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back