Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,749 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, Red Bull car better not win this race. :nervous:
 
Alex Davison in the wall, there was no way that was going to work there...

I thought he had it but just was a little too much. Now SVG has to hold off J-dub.
 
Safety Car. This will (hopefully) make things more interesting.
 
The sc was only a matter of time it is clipsal
Once they were 2 wide something bad had to happen

Go lowndes!!!
 
Thankfully they aren't doing double-file restarts, that would be a disaster. Hopefully this spices up the racing a bit.
 
This restart could be really good for Ingall. Hopefully he can get up in the podium positions.

EDIT: YES!!! :D
 
Safety car really livened up this race.
Holy s**t! Todd Kelly's Nissan! lol
Enforcer messing with the program
 
Todd Kelly's Nissan's got a face lift. :lol:

Go Ingall! 👍
 
'Looks like a spaceship'-Matt White :lol:
 
I'm now a Van Gisbergen fan. (I haven't read into any of the news about him recently)
 
Not the biggest fan of Van Gisbergen, but I'm happy he won. It stops the 34 race winning streak of 888 & FPR and it gives Tekno Autosports their maiden win.

Also, great race for Ingall. His best finish since 2007! :)
 
My two favourite drivers both won a race this weekend, nice 👍
 
Very nice win for the Giz!
 
Not the biggest fan of Van Gisbergen, but I'm happy he won. It stops the 34 race winning streak of 888 & FPR and it gives Tekno Autosports their maiden win.

Also, great race for Ingall. His best finish since 2007! :)

Yeah, I think everybody is glad that streak is over! And wow, I thought Ingall had a podium at one point, great race for him.
 
Well at least it was a new winner.

Oh to the next.
 
I hope Courtney gets a penalty for punting McLaughlin off, it was pretty unnecessary.
 
I hope Courtney gets a penalty for punting McLaughlin off, it was pretty unnecessary.

Agreed, he was clearly quicker, he just had to be patient. Pity about the Nissans, Rick was going for the top 10 before that accident. Would have been a great result for the team, although it was nice to see them lead a couple laps.
 
As contravirtal as it might be svg leaving sbr definitely good decision in terms of track speed
 
I hope Courtney gets a penalty for punting McLaughlin off, it was pretty unnecessary.

I'd imagine, he'll receive a points penalty.
 
As contravirtal as it might be svg leaving sbr definitely good decision in terms of track speed

I thought Webb was always punching above his weight in those cars, Van Gisbergen just took it to a whole new level!

Great result for the RedBull boys too! Lowndes just needs to settle down a bit lol His let down is his tendency to not finish the odd race and the end result he is always down on points early in the season. So far a good start :)
 
Svg a serious 2013 title contender???
 
There is no doubt that SVG has the pace to be a title contender, although the team have to give him a fast and competitive race car every race. The question is with such little experience running up the front of the field, can they do that?
 
Svg a serious 2013 title contender???
I think it's too soon to say. He's proven that you can break the T8/FPR stranglehold on the top step of the podium, but those teams are still in contention, and we saw plenty of other drivers show some impressive pace. I wouldn't be surprised if McLaughlin, Premat, Coulthard and Ingall all take wins this year, whilst Courtney looks pretty comfortable with the new car compared to the old, so I think he could get back on form. Dave Reynolds might also net a win this year, but that's mostly based on his performance last year.

Personally, I think consistency is going to win the title this year. We've seen plenty of tiny little issues pop up here, there and everywhere, and getting on top of them early on is going to be the key to winning.
 
Early days folks. But excellent start to some good racing. Erebus are not too far behind for what WE brought off the trailer. As soon as AMG and NISMO fix some things and unleash that horsepower, I think by Bathurst we'll see them move to at least battle HRT & GRM. If it happens before then, I won't complain.
 
Looks like Mercedes and Nissan have a lot of work to do. What a great weekend for Holden fans, though.
 
It was interesting weekend to say the least but overall there was alot of good to come out of it like few different leaders. Hopefully everyone starts figuring out all the little kinks that are causing issues.
 
Honestly I'm looking at this season being a year long test for the new cars (Nissan & Merc) and then they'll come out fighting in 2014.
 
For the sake of the sport you hope that Nissan and Mercedes can turn to front runners because if the Holden dominance continues I believe it would kill the sport

Just imagine this weekend without FPR
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back