Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,753 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other Davidson

???? Isn't that the Charlie Screwbolt/ DJR car?

I will take your word for it, Since the DJR financial situation is still on going, What a disaster, You wouldn't believe that was the last Ford team to win a Championship,

I so want the commentators to refer to him as that from now on. :lol:

The "other" Davidson, The "Useless in anything outside of carrera cup" Davidson,

The "One who rides on the reputation of the name" Davidson,

All of these also fit :lol:
 
I could have told you :lol:
 
I actually met thier dad Richard Davidson a couple of months back at a rally and I asked him to sign the programme even though his sons drive inferior cars as I was just finished talking to lowndes ...... He looked like he was going to punch me.

But still a great chap plenty of time to spare for a chat about cars
 
Who are these Davidson characters? :sly:
 
???? Isn't that the Charlie Screwbolt/ DJR car?

I will take your word for it, Since the DJR financial situation is still on going, What a disaster, You wouldn't believe that was the last Ford team to win a Championship,



The "other" Davidson, The "Useless in anything outside of carrera cup" Davidson,

The "One who rides on the reputation of the name" Davidson,

All of these also fit :lol:

Not sure if serious! But Charlie took his REC from DJR over to FPR and kept the #18.

I agree about Alex though, waste of a good seat right there. He did nothing at SBR wont do anything at FPR.
 
Not sure if serious! But Charlie took his REC from DJR over to FPR and kept the #18.

I agree about Alex though, waste of a good seat right there. He did nothing at SBR wont do anything at FPR.

He didn't do so bad in Melbourne. Started out rough with a 20th, but then he went up from there with a 15th in Race 2, 9th in Race 3, and 5th in Race 4.
 
I went for Holden. The Monaro and HSV have always been near and dear to my heart. :)
 
He didn't do so bad in Melbourne. Started out rough with a 20th, but then he went up from there with a 15th in Race 2, 9th in Race 3, and 5th in Race 4.

I don't know about him honestly, He has had his chance, had some small lights of hope,

like this,


But never really did anything, else, And in 2011 had David Brabham as a team mate for Bathurst who was substancially faster in all conditions,
 
Alex doesn't seem to have all his marbles...

Good video of Pukekohe. Might be a single file race unless the drivers go bonkers like in 2005.
 
Agreed, that new layout midway down the back stretch looks like its going to be boring,
 
MisterWhiskers
I went for Holden. The Monaro and HSV have always been near and dear to my heart. :)

Most of the field went for Holden. It's almost a single-make series, with three others just barely represented... and mainly hanging out at the back.

:-/
 
That windscreen is so cool, I want one for my car :p.
 
DJR campaigning DeLorean's. I can't be the only one who actually wants to see that happen. :lol:
 
I need that windscreen. Problem is I still wouldn't see anything.:lol:
 
If you don't see that as an April fools joke...I feel sorry for you. :lol:

You know I didn't even think of the date, fail on my part.
 
I need that windscreen. Problem is I still wouldn't see anything.:lol:

Where would you get a prescription windscreen from, anyway? Specsavers? :lol:
 
Last edited:
I can't find the link, But the latest ZOO magazine had quite an interesting article about a potential Lexus V8SC, anyone else heard or read about it?
 
Anyone want some nostalgia ahead of this weekends round?? 1998 Full races from Symmons Plains.

Interesting to note that in 1998 the 26 car field was separated by 4.2s in qualifying. Last year in 2012 the 28 car field was separated by 1.06s.

 
Crazy, this wasn't too long ago. Open windows. Open face helmet. Arm practically resting on the door at 240k. I still prefer the H-pattern gearbox in terms of it still being offered by the(all 4, E-Class coupe, Altima Coupe) manufacturers today.
 
And in contrast to that, 5 years later in '02 and '03 Glenn Seton went from being up the front to barely making the grid,
 
Romano, Larkham, Faulkner, Reed, Weel, Brewer and the Castrol Cougars. Wow, that brings back some memories. Starting to feel a little old now. :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back