Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,799 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I guess they weren't ready to have the full service up yet.

For some reason the sound is skipping and is deeper.
Yeah, somehow I think the service might stay in beta for NZ...
 
Pretty much what I expected. No surprises.
 
I love how the cars are sideways into turn 2, they're really hanging it out there! The double file restart sounds like it's going to be a disaster though.
 
They posted the prices for the live stream on their facebook just now.

V8SuperView 'preview' is now live for Race 3, get a preview this weekend of our new uninterrupted streaming product which will launch next week.

$39.95 Championship Pass
$14.95 Dunlop Series Pass
$49.95 Bundle Pass

More details out next week

USD?
 
Pretty ordinary move from Tander on Bright. But then again, he is an ordinary driver at most.
 
R1600Turbo
They posted the prices for the live stream on their facebook just now.

USD?

Not really all that bad honestly! I just missed the race but oh well.

What times are tomorrows races? I'm always say off in terms of time zones.
 
Last edited:
There's a handy dandy countdown timer on the stream page here.
 
I don't know about the 60/60 race idea. Putting in half time break and then having the drivers re-start in a 2 row rolling start seems like a gimmick. I can't see what it's supposed to add to the event, except increasing the likelihood of crashes.👎

Just re-watching the late night replay, they were very tightly packed on the re-start.

Also the TV commentators referring to the potential for chaos goes against a lot of what motorsport has worked for (namely safety)

/ENDRANT
 
Well thanks to BJR we are running JR stickers now :)
8626233822_c70b39f6ea_b.jpg
 
There's a handy dandy countdown timer on the stream page here.

So it looks like the countdown timer on this page is broken...

The countdown timer on the home page is working though. Just over an hour to Qualifying. 👍
 
Yeah apparently there was already a qualifying session this morning that wasn't shown...
 
Nissan teams are struggling this weekend. Hoping they can make some progress soon.
 
Just a bit worried with Alex "A.D.D." Davison( jk, i met him, he's not a bad dude. A bit out there but, an ok guy) behind Lee at the start of the second 100km.
 
Great to see HRT showing some consistent pace this weekend. And really pleased to see Coulthard win yesterday. 👍

Well thanks to BJR we are running JR stickers now :)

👍
 
For anyone outside Australia waiting on the stream, Race 4 starts in 25 minutes.

NOW!!

By the way, they need to hire someone else to do their car renders for the starting grid graphics. They're horrible. :lol:
 
Last edited:
For anyone outside Australia waiting on the stream, Race 4 starts in 25 minutes.

Starting now!

Edit: Massive damage for Reynolds.
 
WOW! DID I JUST SEE WHAT I SAW???!!! Don't know if he'll be racing next week...
 
God, that damage on Reynolds car was bad.:scared:
 
"I hit 2 Walls" :lol: Gotta like Reynolds. Hopefully he'll be good for the next round.

Edit: Mclauchlin is my new favourite driver. That was an awesome move.
 
Last edited:
Anyone else having issues with the stream? I fear I'll be paying $40 for this and with all these problems it's not gonna be worth it...

Edit: Well more Holden domination, but at least other teams are winning for a change.
 
Last edited:
That's why I'm lovin' this season. Anyone can win. One race at a time.

Amazing to get Reynolds' car back out there.
 
Last edited:
Well damn. Saw the countdown timer was at 3 minutes so I tuned into the stream and they were already running. :indiff:
 
Well damn. Saw the countdown timer was at 3 minutes so I tuned into the stream and they were already running. :indiff:

Stream is terrible anyways, goes 30 seconds then crashes. No way am I paying for a service this poor.
 
Stream is terrible anyways, goes 30 seconds then crashes. No way am I paying for a service this poor.

Ditto.

Edit: Not working at all now... :(
 
Last edited:
Ditto.

Edit: Not working at all now... :(

Not much going on in the top 10 at the moment - all cars are trading lap times within 0.1 seconds of each other. Looks like Coultard is preparing to having another dip at Frosty though...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back