Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,836 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watch all the session in full, god those Mercs look like complete dogs on the bumps, HRT say that they were bad! Alot of work still to go into them.
 
I was watching some of the highlights today and it was exciting stuff! Since I don't really follow the V8's, I only ever see highlights or watch youtube videos, the only names I recognise are Whincup, Tander and Winterbottom. :lol:

It's such close racing. The cars are always so tight together throughout the race - even in the corners. :crazy: Must say, I'm very impressed by the series and will surely be following more in the future.

I especially liked the battle when, (bear with me here), Driver A had track position down into a tight corner after the straight, but moved over to the other side of the track for the correct line which allowed Driver B to dive down the inside into the corner. A third car tried to get down the inside, too, but clipped Driver A.

Atleast he displayed good sportsmanship and didn't take advantage of almost making someone else spin out, waiting for him to regain speed. 👍
 
Atleast he displayed good sportsmanship and didn't take advantage of almost making someone else spin out, waiting for him to regain speed. 👍

It's nothing to do with that its to avoid getting a 10 second penalty which the other drivers have complained about.

http://speedcafe.com/2013/04/18/post-race-time-penalties-divide-supercars-paddock/

Mainly about false starts but also applies to taking out other drivers.

Would have also been good to see frosty actually knock out Davison sadly the cameras were there.
 
Holden seem keen ;)

Like this aswel!
6CB1EA60-E031-499A-985C-F40D53C96B83-1478-0000013F7AAA9A11_zpsdf3ba665.jpg

Cigarette advertising - can't see that happening.
 
Yeah, Davison is a loose cannon

Regarding the liveries: I can only see Red Bull doing a matte black & white livery as something different. There's really no "retro" livery to associate with Whincup. Lowndes already used his one-off last year. Will be interesting to see what the teams decide to wrap this October.
 
Last edited:
It's nothing to do with that its to avoid getting a 10 second penalty which the other drivers have complained about.

http://speedcafe.com/2013/04/18/post-race-time-penalties-divide-supercars-paddock/

Mainly about false starts but also applies to taking out other drivers.

Would have also been good to see frosty actually knock out Davison sadly the cameras were there.

I almost got the thought that Garth was about to say something witty and smart and probably a solution toward something, But as Skaife protege, The crying continues,

Does he not realise that most of the things he say's is a waiste of his time and ours,

For example, He could come up with a way to solve this issue, properly, then say, I'm not happy blah blah blah, But I have expressed my displeasure to V8SC and brought them a potential solution for next year that works, these are the rules for this year so lets get on with it,

And then HRT had revealed prior that their cars aren't "up to standard" if this is the case why is he saying that a potential win was stolen from him,

Victorian Holden Driver's, The biggest investment kleenex has!

@05XR8, I really loved the paints from the 1000 last year, I dare say the new era would be painted in the current schemes, Though I would love to see other retro's this year,
 
Silver Arrow(technically not) E63s and red, white & blue Altima's come to mind. I agree, this years liveries are quite good and with the exposure the sport is getting, who knows, some sponsors might want to only see their colours on the car.
 
Once fans get to see just how good the cars look in person and hear the difference of each make, they'll love the series even more.

Honestly I think most fans who are going already know the real story! I'm sure there will be a few who don't really know much and right now my dad is one of those.
 
^^ heh heh

And how about Mostert replacing Reid at DJR? Now, with a little help from FPR and depending how the upgrades go for Erebus, I wonder if he'll keep pace or out pace the E63s.
 
Last edited:
It's nothing to do with that its to avoid getting a 10 second penalty which the other drivers have complained about.

Oh, alright, I didn't know about the new rules. The commentator said that's what he did so I assumed it was normal sportsmanship. Thanks for letting me know about that.

Like I said, I'm new to V8 Supercars so forgive me if I'm getting things wrong.
 
Yeah "bump and runs" are not allowed in V8's.
 
COTA just posted this. Anyone find any video? Couldn't find anything on YouTube.

391062_635954069764270_860243924_n.jpg
 
Courtney and Coulthard are there doing demo laps as part of the MotoGP round at the circuit. I imagine that COTA will produce something as promotional material to go with it.
 
SCRATCH THAT. Video just added on vine
 
Last edited:
Gah, need more! :p

Should be reserving a hotel room here shortly. :D
 
Very quick there Holdenhsvgtr
 
R1600Turbo
Gah, need more! :p

Should be reserving a hotel room here shortly. :D

Get on it! I'm ready to see tickets in the mail.
 
So wait, Kurt is driving a V8 Supercar during Austin races?
 
I don't think so. I just think he's getting a chance to drive one.
 
I don't think so. I just think he's getting a chance to drive one.

It is all-star weekend so it wouldn't surprise me either!
 
It was a brief thought by V8s, but yeah, I hope it does open the eyes and spread the word how good the cars are.
 
Yep, it's confirmed:

Kurt Busch and Chad Reed will join James Courtney and Fabian Coulthard in Texas
2013-04-18-20.30.jpg

Link
 
That'll be.. interesting to say the least.

kurt11-copy.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back