Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,849 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be able to pick up the track workers, etc with a scanner. But I doubt there will be a radio broadcast.
 
You might be able to pick up the track workers, etc with a scanner. But I doubt there will be a radio broadcast.

If you go down the pit lane region there "should" be a list of teams and drivers actual radio channels, there have been at every round I have been too, including Clipsal and Bathurst,

Some stuff that your not meant to hear from the team will be scrambled,
 
If you go down the pit lane region there "should" be a list of teams and drivers actual radio channels, there have been at every round I have been too, including Clipsal and Bathurst,

Some stuff that your not meant to hear from the team will be scrambled,

Not really worth the hassle to bring that honestly, it seems COTA is pretty strict on what they allow in anyway.
 
Camera's should be good, right? I'd hate to try and walk through the gate with it and have them tell me no on the spot...
 
Makes no sense to bring a camera. Not while they sell program's with pictures of the cars in them. :banghead:
 
Last edited:
Makes no sense to bring a camera. Not while they sell program's with pictures of the cars in them. :banghead:

What if I want my own photos? :odd:
 
Bringing a camera to a race weekend is one of the best and most fun things to do...
 
Camera's should be good, right? I'd hate to try and walk through the gate with it and have them tell me no on the spot...

All the rules are on the website for COTA now, actually is pretty cut and dry even down to parking and how that is. Cameras are allowed but no video cameras, and so is bottled water. Pretty much that, sunscreen, will be all ill bring in a bag.
 
What if I want my own photos? :odd:

Just having a play. Couldn't resist :)

That's crazy with what you can't bring in. Man, things have changed since I left the states for Oz in 2008.
 
All the rules are on the website for COTA now, actually is pretty cut and dry even down to parking and how that is. Cameras are allowed but no video cameras, and so is bottled water. Pretty much that, sunscreen, will be all ill bring in a bag.

Funny, most digital photo cameras are video camera's too. And cell phones....
 
R1600Turbo
Funny, most digital photo cameras are video camera's too. And cell phones....

I don't really see the issue, heck they weren't allowing DSLR's at first. Someone doesn't need to bring their tele lens thats huge or something like that but anything else I see no issue. It sucks they don't allow coolers/drinks/food to be brought in and offered now shuttles to the track. Atleast I saved $30 on parking but they acted as if there would be none if you just showed up which isnt correct now.
 
Ingall's new one off livery for Texas.

942629_10151367563236651_241415633_n.jpg
 
Not really worth the hassle to bring that honestly, it seems COTA is pretty strict on what they allow in anyway.

I can't see why they wouldn't allow a hand held 2-way/ CB radio in to the circuit, that would be daft! but they will let you walk in with a mobile phone and disposable camera that can both be made into a taser with killing force,
 
Ingall's new one off livery for Texas.

Looks really great. 👍 Though much like the FPR cars, I think the Castrol logo on the bonnet looks completely out of place.
 
Ingall's new one off livery for Texas.

942629_10151367563236651_241415633_n.jpg

To match Ambrose :)

I couldn't agree more about the Castrol Stcker. At least they should have authorised black & white. Sheesh...
 
Castrol could have authorised a black and white logo, but they evidently didn't want it. That's the problem with many a sponsorship livery: you have to make it fit the sponsor's colours, or put up with it if you want to go your own way. The Castrol logo is unlikely to fit in with any of the liveries FPR use, unless they make a red, green or red and green design.
 
Yeah, not cool at all. But, didn't Williams or BMW/Williams do a Castrol blue & white scheme for their cars? I'm getting too old to remember. I know, how about I look it up on this thing called "Google"!

Here we go. Soooooo much better

BMW_Williams-F1_FW26_mp514_pic_25620.jpg
 
Last edited:
That was what, ten years ago? In a completely different series? The people running Castrol's sponsorship portfolio might have decided that they want FPR to show their logo in their colours when they were willing to let Williams show it in blue and white.

Anyway, speaking of FPR, they also have a new livery for Austin ... sort of:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/05/10/austin-branding-for-pepsi-fpr-falcons-in-texas/
 
Not too much happening on the FPR cars. For Texas to known to do things big, thats not alot of real estate for advertising. But, i understand it's about acknowledging Austin.

It'll be interesting to find out what the majority of new fans are choosing which car to follow, by livery or manufacturer or both.
 
I don't think that there will be many new fans in America. What's most likely going to happen is that all the existing fans will watch it and everyone else will ignore it and watch NASCAR instead. :indiff:

It happened to F1, it can happen to V8 Supercars.
 
race'emhard
I don't think that there will be many new fans in America. What's most likely going to happen is that all the existing fans will watch it and everyone else will ignore it and watch NASCAR instead. :indiff:

It happened to F1, it can happen to V8 Supercars.

Im pretty sure you're right, there might be a few new fans but overall not this huge surge. It doesn't really matter, it is pretty popular for not really bring international series either.
 
Yes this event should have happened last year on the Austin street circuit like it was originally intended, thus with reliability in hand could have put on an epic show,

Lets face it though, V8s are a lot more interesting to watch then F1, plus F1 really cooked the goose in '05, where 2 Ferrari's, 2 Jordans and 2 Minardi's starting the event,
 
Austin street circuit? Are you sure you don't mean the Houston street circuit?

Because I don't remember any plans to have V8 Supercars racing on the Houston street circuit.
 
Tim Slade has a peek-a-boo of his livery on his FB page.
 
Austin street circuit? Are you sure you don't mean the Houston street circuit?

Because I don't remember any plans to have V8 Supercars racing on the Houston street circuit.

Houston, yes,
 
Okay, because there were never any palns to have V8 Supercars race on the Houston street circuit.
 
Yes there was, as a support category to the ALMS event I believe, though it was never confirmed, there was specific personel, Mark skaife, Brad Jones, Neil Crompton to iron out the details, but on the arrival of the dull and lifeless COTA, everything got switched,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back