Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,851 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that star is the Lone Star, Also seen on a Dallasw Cowboy uniform,
 
I just have to do laundry. :p

But yeah, 3-day work week and then off to Texas on Thursday at 4am. :dopey:

I have that, clean the house, pack, feed the animals, run to Mooresville to visit a driver to get some stuff from him and then finally head out.
 
I'm lucky, no animals to take care of. All I have to do is make sure nothing is left running like the fans or the computer and off I go. :lol:
 
Heavy-Haulage-Australia-Racing-US-Livery_front.jpg

As if they'd run such low profile tyres. :p
 
Last edited:
SPEED won't be showing any of the races live will they?

From the V8supercars site

TV COVERAGE

...

Over the race weekend, V8 Media is producing SPEED’s opening segment – Bob Varsha, one of SPEED’s on-air personalities, will be joined by Neil Crompton and Mark Larkham to introduce the series.

From there, SPEED will take over what is usually Seven’s part of the program.

While Saturday will be delayed in the US due to NASCAR programming, Sunday will be broadcast live.

So you get Saturday's races first thing Sunday morning.
 
So you get Saturday's races first thing Sunday morning.

Indeed we do. 6am to 9am here on the left coast and then live coverage from 1pm to 4pm :)
 
(Coming from left field)I'm interested to see how v8s will effect Pirelli WC. WC run Caddy and Volvo, the SS goes on sale in a few months., NASCAR already made the car visible. I just wonder if anyone from GM will ok a race version after watching V8s this weekend. Would it be good to showcase 3 GM products in that seris(tried to find a thread for WC)? I think it's relevant to how fans and racers will look at The quality of V8s and see how they can take something from the series and apply to US Touring cars.

I used to watch Speedvision in the 90's and couldn't wait to see the hard racing. When the GT cars had the CTS-Vs racing, I would think it would be cool if the Falcon was imported to race in the series. So, if this weekend turns out to be a bigger success than anyone planned, will fans want to see more of these cars(pretty much the SS and maybe Altima) running in a series such as Pirelli WC or even a one make series?

I just think this weekend will be good for V8s future(irregardless of the liveries).
Oh, and one more thing, Australia being a part of GB, I'm surprised there hasn't been a race at Brands Hatch. If there was, please direct me to the video! I'd love to watch that!
 
Last edited:
I just think this weekend will be good for V8s future(irregardless of the liveries).
Oh, and one more thing, Australia being a part of GB, I'm surprised there hasn't been a race at Brands Hatch. If there was, please direct me to the video! I'd love to watch that!

It's not part of GB and it has happened at donnington and silverstone with the TT.
 
It's not part of GB and it has happened at donnington and silverstone with the TT.

Hahahahaham The Commonwealth is how we are connected, we left GB in the early 1900s, :lol:

@05XR8. There was some VK Commodores run by Brocky and Gricey in the WTCC, The cars went to Monza and almost dominated, I believe they ran Donnington too,

I'd love to see V8SC run the old silverstone circuit, But tilke ruined that for everyone, Maybe the high speed thrill of Thruxton, or Snetterton, I would love to see them at Spa too,
 
TDZdave
@05XR8. There was some VK Commodores run by Brocky and Gricey in the WTCC, The cars went to Monza and almost dominated, I believe they ran Donnington too,

Only after the first 7 got dq'd.
 
I could definitely handle one race a year in the northern hemisphere.

Without going too much into ticket sales and tv coverage and every circuit needing FIA approved upgrades-jk, doing another loop of races in Australia would be awesome. Maybe add an extra sprint race weekend at Sandown, Phillip Island, long race at Barbagallo, Eastern Creek, another weekend at Winton. Some way to keep the races local for a few weekends( understanding there are other events at these tracks). For this series to be the top of motor racing in the country, it should have more weekends.

Sorry for babbling but, V8s will be in my home country this weekend. i'm excited and I want the show to be better than good. I want other manufacturers and countries to stand up and say, "Sign us up!". I want Australia to represent!

Edit: GRM talks to Auto Action about still trying to get Mopar in the game
 
Last edited:
There's actually just as many individual V8 Supercar races as there are NASCAR races, with thirty-eight apiece.

But as for more race weekends, it's just to difficult to ship everyone back and forth more than once through the season. It's no accident that the first rounds of the championship are all in cities that are furthest away from the major population centres of the east coast.
 
There's actually just as many individual V8 Supercar races as there are NASCAR races, with thirty-eight apiece.

But as for more race weekends, it's just to difficult to ship everyone back and forth more than once through the season. It's no accident that the first rounds of the championship are all in cities that are furthest away from the major population centres of the east coast.

It's why I have always enjoyed split events to allow more off time from races. If you tear up a car beyond repair and can't use a backup, your fault. Plate tracks would be only place I could see it being an issue to a degree.
 
There's actually just as many individual V8 Supercar races as there are NASCAR races, with thirty-eight apiece.

But as for more race weekends, it's just to difficult to ship everyone back and forth more than once through the season. It's no accident that the first rounds of the championship are all in cities that are furthest away from the major population centres of the east coast.

the other reason is that 98% of the teams are either based in melbourne or the gold coast, this being that (specially with a whole new car) that if they were to hold events at Phillip Island, Sandown Eastern Creek or Ipswitch the local teams would have the upper hand straight out the gate, trying the "fly aways" first prevents that and when they do get to home tracks the difference between locals and invaders is less, (assumed less anyway)
 
Lowndes is talking live with Sunrise about his track walk and the awareness of Texan fans about V8s. He didn't realise how steep the elevation into turn1 is. Can't wait!
 
Just over 3 hours and I'm off work, gotta run a couple errands and then laundry, packing, and waiting for Eddie to arrive. :dopey:
 
Yeah Jason, can't wait to just get there!


Here's the schedule for the Austin 400:
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/schedule-v8-supercars

Really happy to see the Pirelli World Challenge series there in support, should be fun.

Glad we get to walk the track as well! Always knew there was a slim chance of a track walk when I went to the F1 race, but figured it'd be a thing this time since I saw MotoGP do one. The MotoX jumping stuff seems like a random filler though. But then again, Austin is one of the cities trying to host the X-Games so yeah.
 
What's the predicted weather for the weekend?
 
Does anybody know if this race is being shown on Channel 7 live/ recorded/ not at all?
 
What's the predicted weather for the weekend?

Temps between 89-92, partly cloudy. 20% chance of rain on Sunday as of right now.
 
Yeah Jason, can't wait to just get there!


Here's the schedule for the Austin 400:
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/schedule-v8-supercars

Really happy to see the Pirelli World Challenge series there in support, should be fun.

Glad we get to walk the track as well! Always knew there was a slim chance of a track walk when I went to the F1 race, but figured it'd be a thing this time since I saw MotoGP do one. The MotoX jumping stuff seems like a random filler though. But then again, Austin is one of the cities trying to host the X-Games so yeah.



V8s and the Pirelli Challenge on the same weekend? That'll be fantastic racing..
 
I found out a local team is racing there this weekend in a MINI (Sneed Speed), so might meet up with them at some point but I'm glad I get to do pit walk and track walk!

Sad part is I leave in about 12 hours and still have packed or even washed clothes to take.
 
I'm about to start laundry in a few minutes. :p
 
You guys better post some pictures, when you return. Otherwise I'll never forgive any of you. :sly:

Have fun guys :D Hoping for a Lowndes win HRT clean sweep.

Fixed. :p
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back