Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,265 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perkins' cars are suppossed to be unveiled on Feb 8, HRT on Feb 9 and FPR on Feb 26. Got them from Auto Action. Don't know about any others yet.
 
Awesome, can't wait for the unveilings. I'm really looking forward to HRT which is odd because they don't change that much anyway...
 
FireEmblem62
I can't belive TPR dropped the Castrol livery, does anyone have any photo's of the new one?
Castrol pulled their sponsorship. Perkins managed to get Jack Daniels as major sponsors and, though a quick search didn't show any final colour scheme, it would be great to see the car follow in the footsteps of Brett Stevens' Jack Daniels Racing team.

 
I wouldn't like to see that on a V8 Supercar. It's too.... I don't know the word. Maybe tacky is what I'm looking for. I just don't think it looks proffessional enough. It'll be hard not seeing the green, red and white out there though, that's for sure.
 
That doesn't look like his Doorslammer. Is that a promo car? I thought Brett Steven's new Ford was going to be a sedan.
Perkins is going to Daytona as a guest of whatever NASCAR team has Jack Daniels sponsorship for the Daytona 500 to see how they run things there. I think his cars will look more like the NASCAR paint scheme.

I just read that Larkham has sold his team and is taking a management role at WPS! Who could have bought Larkham's team? Longhurst? Seton?
 
It wouldn't surprise me if it was Seton that bought it. He seems way too passionate about the V8's to just cut off from it completely. If he can't get a full time drive I can definately see him managing and maybe having a stindt in the enduros.

I hope it is Seton anyway.

EDIT: Ewwwww, I have every second post on this page, I feel like such a post whore.
 
It wouldn't surprise me either Andrew instead. It is a Queensland based Ford team and Seton moved to Queensland after he sold FTR to Prodrive. But would he want to go back to being an owner driver?
 
I think he'd rather that than not a drive at all. I really don't think he's ready to go out but it looks like he doesn't have a choice. This seems the best way for him to stay in the game.
 
The pic of the Brett Stevens car is his new burnout car. Unfortunately he broke it at his first serious run in it at Summernats - it'll be back when he's worked the gremlins out of it.

Seton has said he would like to go back to owning a team when his driving days are over but I'm not sure he'd go back to owner/driver again - the sport is a little too demanding nowadays (although Skaife seems to be doing okay).
 
TEGA bought Larkham's licences so at this stage there is 31 cars on the grid but TEGA may sell those licences off again.
 
They need to sell at least one - 32 cars is the standard field size.

Another option for Seton? Probably not, but with all the rumours we've seen about what he'll do this year, who knows!?
 
Just read an article in The Age where Glenn is talking about picking up an enduro drive for 2006 to prove to teams he would be worth giving a seat to in 2007. Looks like he ran out of options. Damn.

Over at the ten-tenths forums they have a starting list of 30 drivers - if Britek does find a driver for their other car that'll still only be 31 drivers. Could we see the first less-than-full starting grid for many a year?
 
The new TPR cars have been unvield. And they look awesome very nice. Even better with my first and second name right along the side. :sly:

JDRthumb_001.gif
JDRthumb_002.gif
JDRthumb_003.gif


Now, I can't wait to see the HRT car, though it will probably look the same as it has for the last 7-8 years.:dopey:
 
Now if only Jim Beam will sponser Ford that would be classic :lol:.
 
Apparently the HRT cars will have more red with black highlights.
Also the Supercheap Auto cars will have more red and yellow to distinguish them from the other cars.
 
The Jack Daniels car is really nice. It's weird seeing Richards in black though.
 
Not a lot changed but I think it looks really nice. Maybe it's just my biased opinion.

HRT fo' lyfe yo.
 
With most, if not all of the the main drivers lined up for the year, I guess we can say silly-season is over and sponsor season starts. From now until ~1 week before the opening race all we will hear about are new sponsors and new paint jobs.

The HRT cars are nothing special (colour-wise) and the TPR Jack Daniels cars don't stand out much (too black, no real highlights). Supercheap Auto should be interesting to see as they have (apparently) changed their look a bit. Of course there is a lot of hype from the teams about their looks right now and the chances are they will all look the same anyway.
 
#1 - Caltex/Bosch/Dlink/Ford (SBR) - Russell Ingall BF
#2 - HSV/Mobil/Holden (HRT) - Mark Skaife VZ
#3 - Tasman/Dodo/Holden (Tasman) - Jason Richards VZ
#4 - Jeld-Wen/Stegbar/Corinthian/Caltex/Bosch/Dlink/Ford (SBR) - James Courtney BF
#5 - Ford Credit/Castrol/BP/FPV/Ford (FPR) - Mark Winterbottom BF
#6 - Caterpillar/Fujitsu/Castrol/BP/FPV/Ford (FPR) - Jason Bright BF
#7 - Jack Daniels/Mack Trucks/Holden/Classic Carlectables (Perkins/Romano) - Steven Richards VZ
#8 - Orrcon/WPS (WPS) - Craig Baird/David Besnard? BF
#10 - Orrcon/Team Australia/Fish Liquor/WPS (Team Australia) - Jason Bargwanna BF
#11 - Jack Daniels/Mack Trucks/Holden/Classic Carlectables (Perkins) - Paul Dumbrell VZ
#12 - BOC Gases/Enzed/Ford (BJR) - John Bowe BF
#14 - BOC Gases/Enzed/Ford (BJR) - Brad Jones BF
#15 - Toll/HSV Dealers/Orix/Holden (HSVDT) - Rick Kelly VZ
#16 - Toll/HSV Dealers/Orix/Holden (HSVDT) - Garth Tander VZ
#17 - First Rock Home Loans/Cabcharge/Warner Bros/Ford/Shell (DJR) - Steven Johnson BF
#18 - V8Telecom/Cabcharge/Warner Bros/Ford/Shell (DJR) - Will Davison BF
#021 - 3M/Makita/TKR/Holden (TKR) - Paul Radisich VZ
#22 - HSV/Mobil/Holden (HRT) - Todd Kelly VZ
#23 - Tasman/Dodo/Holden (Tasman) - Andrew Jones VZ
#24 - Autobarn/ADI (RNR) - Steve Owen? VZ
#25 - Fujitsu/Ford (Britek) - Warren Luff BA
#26 - Fujitsu/Ford (Britek) - Jose Fernadez BA
#33 - Valvoline/Holden (GRM) - Lee Holsworth? VZ
#34 - Valvoline/Holden (GRM) - Dean Canto VZ
#39 - Konica Minolta/HPDC/Sirromet (PMM) - Fabian Coulthard/Alan Gurr VZ
#50 - SuperCheap/PWR/Castrol Edge/Holden (PWR) - Cameron McConville VZ
#51 - SuperCheap/PWR/Castrol Edge/Holden (PWR) - Greg Murphy VZ
#65 - Glenfords/No Limit Property Group (PCR) - Marcus Marshall BF
#67 - Sirromet/BWS/HPDC/Holden (PMM) - Paul Morris VZ
#88 - Betta/LG/Caltex/Dominos Pizza/Ford (888) - Jamie Whincup BF
#888 - Betta/LG/Caltex/Dominos Pizza/Ford (888) - Craig Lowndes BF

Scifleet is out and Marcus Marshall is back in the #65 Paul Cruickshank Racing car. Jose Fernandez has been confirmed for the second Britek car. Steve Owen has not yet been confirmed for the #24 Rod Nash Racing car. We don't know who will be driving the Orrcon/WPS cars. Apparently Steve Ellery has signed as an endurance driver for a QLD team. Triple Eight has Dominos Pizza as a new sponsor.
I read somewhere (Auto Action I think) that the Ford teams are trying to get rid of the bonnet bulge and use a flat bonnet. SBR has been doing some testing with a flat bonnet for Ford at a QLD airport. I can only think that it would be for aerodynamic reasons. Perhaps the bulge affects the airflow over the rear wing? It hasn't affected them for three seasons, what's the problem now? Also, this car was approved with the bulge and wing for Project Blueprint so if they are permitted to use a flat bonnet and this does give them an advantage will the Holdens be compensated or given a revision to their rear wing for more downforce? Another thing is without the bulge the car would no longer represent what they are supposed to be driving, an XR8. What will they be called then, an XR6 or just a Falcon? It would be a bad move for obvious reasons to call them an XR6. I can imagine the less informed supporters thinking that the Falcons are now racing with a six cylinder.
 
Hooray! My dad rang me up a few hours ago and said he'd be able to take me to the Clipsal 500 next month!
I can't wait. I love going their.
Jealous?:sly:
 
No. I'm going to Bathurst.
 
And it looks like Queensland Raceway might not get a round this year. Something about the promoter not agreeing to the "terms" set out by V8 Supercars.
A Townsville street race has been mentioned but the QLD Gov't said it couldn't replace the QR round but co-exist with it.
Lee Holdsworth has been confirmed in the second GRM car.
All that is left now is the Rod Nash car and the WPS cars. Someone on another forum said David Besnard will be driving the WPS Aussie Racing Car and that Max Wilson will be at WPS. I'll have to have a look at the Brazilian V8 Stock Car thread and see if there is any new news on Max there.
Jason Bright tested an Aston Martin for Prodrive and might join them at Le Mans, Sebring and Petit Le Mans.
 
I'll probably go to Bathurst for the Friday or Saturday, but watch the race at home.

QLD raceway problems are news to me - seems like we keep having more and more track problems each year.
 
Seton and Youlden confirmed for SBR enduro drives. Seton will also be the full-time 3-up fan-ride driver and be at all test days.
 
Good on Seton. I hope he wins Bathurst this year, unless he is driving with Ingall, or Courtney..........D'oh.
 
If you are from Victoria keep the first weekend in June free because the V8's are going to Winton!
 
What a disgrace that is! I have nothing against Winton but surely there was somewhere else the race could have gone to bring the V8's to a larger audience. Phillip Island, Winton, Albert Park, and Sandown... 4 races in the one state!? I no longer understand how they figure these things out :?
 
Yay! I went to the Clipsal 500 track today on my bike with my friends. Its really not that long,, though, we didn't ride on the last few corners after the first hair pin, because they were blocked off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back