Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing it landed on the front left corner after being vertical. The cars are much safer. Good stuff.

Just one of those awkward wheel to wheel contacts that goes pear shaped so fast.

"Anyone can roll a car here" Brad Jones did a huge roll at turn 8 a few years back.
931063-gallery-of-the-first-nine-years-of-clipsal-500-adelaide.jpg

Bodywork on these new cars is too soft. Doors flying off and bodywork around the wheels getting pushed in too easily allowing for these accidents.

Only 1/4 the way through!

Last edited:
Glad that everyone is okay, particularly Jason. Very scary incident.

And the day gets worse for FPR.

Yep, I stopped recording. I'll watch the last 15minutes.

Yeah I was hoping the stewarts were better than the crap NASCAR does...I'm thinking a bit otherwise and this you can actually look at and say that does seem like a fix.

Haha how on earth did Bargwanna even get that job? He was one of the loosest people out there.

Um when everyone is about to run over Whincup that supposedly weren't in breach of the rule either, that tells me Jamie slowed up in a possible ploy to help him out without working for it, like he had to work for it yesterday and not get it.

If anyone should have got a penalty it should have been Whincup for not maintaining spacing, what a joke.

He does have a point - the hard acceleration came at the right time, but looking at the replays, a gap starts to form between Kelly and Whincup before van Gisbergen and Kelly hit the acceleration zone. Clearly, they accelerated at some point.

Perhaps a better way of phrasing it would be to say that the visual evidence would have been enough to warrant further investigation. I'm sure the stewards have access to telemetry, and telemetry does not lie; if it showed either van Gisbergen or Kelly going over 60km/h before the acceleration zone, then they are done for.

Yeah seems like just a very average rule being policed to the letter. Gissy's too keen and Rick followed him. Doesn't seem enough to warrant a ruined weekend but seems like the briefing was pretty clear on it. They have to of had all the telemetry to make that decision, surely they woudn't just be judging wholly by eye.

He does have a point - the hard acceleration came at the right time, but looking at the replays, a gap starts to form between Kelly and Whincup before van Gisbergen and Kelly hit the acceleration zone. Clearly, they accelerated at some point.

Perhaps a better way of phrasing it would be to say that the visual evidence would have been enough to warrant further investigation. I'm sure the stewards have access to telemetry, and telemetry does not lie; if it showed either van Gisbergen or Kelly going over 60km/h before the acceleration zone, then they are done for.

And that explains the point I made how?

You posted before I had a chance to reply.

As for Whincup, so long as he was above 50km/h, there is no case against him.

In other words you can't answer what I've said, since the same replay also shows that he was nearly ran into the back of.
When the first two went, maybe everyone else jumped and Whincup was tardy causing the baulk...

When the first two went, maybe everyone else jumped and Whincup was tardy causing the baulk...

Race director said everyone else maintained pace and we had two violators supposedly, yet how is this the case if all 23 others were fine yet nearly ran over Jamie after we're told they were maintaining as they should.

Now we have a violation from Whincup's crew and I'm not seeing the same quickness to make the call.

EDIT:

Now we get an investigation.

Gee, rules violation for the #1 car. Bet nothing is done about it.

Something should be, clear violation. I'd be very surprised if there is though.

Scratch that. Drive through for #1. Triple 8 bitching about it as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back