Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,828 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Nissan's problem was tying themselves up with the Kelly's.
 
I think Nissan's problem was tying themselves up with the Kelly's.
I agree, but mostly because of the way the Kelly brothers seem convince that they are still top-tier drivers. If Nissan were with someone like BJR, they would probably still have the same pace problems, but they wouldn't be tied up with drivers who are also team owners.
 
One has to wonder when Nissan will start putting pressure on getting results for their investment spend. The Norton cars have also been disappointing in fairness to the Kellys.
 
Based on their current form, I'd say it will be sooner, rather than later. Both Volvo and Erebus have steadily been gaining momentum all season, to the point where they are running consistently. But whatever progress Nissan makes, it seems to be offset by fluctuating driver performances and a car that is sensitive to changes in track conditions.
 
that thing is an absolute rocket!

Wasn't it what? Couldn't believe how fast he reeled in Lowndes once he got past Ingall. :crazy: Fantastic win. 👍
I think Todd got a top 10,

Yeah 8th after starting what 18th? (can't recall) Great result for him but Nissan are really struggling for consistency at the moment. Also nice top ten for JC after starting 16th, Walkinshaw as a whole looked off the pace in the first race though.
 
Last edited:
I still think this track should be in Gran Turismo.
 
And Dahlgren gets eaten alive at the start. Again.
 
Davison must be on used tyres. Just crazy.
 
Frosty all over Whincup for third at the moment. Jamie's car seems like it doesn't look after it's tyres very well.
 
It's just not stable. You can see that he's really holding back on putting the power down, particularly out of Turn 1, 6 and 7.
 
And I feel asleep right before the race and missed it...

I missed Scott "Give it Jandal" McLaughlin win it, what a shame

Also on the subject of Nissan, what if they're only in it for Bathurst, eh? Obviously they aren't but yeah, if they were trying to do what Audi does in WEC where the big event of the year is all that really matters at the end of the day.
 
Impressed by Scott Pye. The wind really went out of his sails last year, and it probably didn't help that LDM ran out of money around the same time. But DJR clearly have an eye for talent, so it's nice to see that he can still run at the pointy end.
Also on the subject of Nissan, what if they're only in it for Bathurst, eh?
Then they're screwed.
 
:lol:

Well, the Triple 8 win drought had to end eventually. And nice top ten results for Pye & Ingall.
 
Then they're screwed.

Tell them that, I'm obviously joking on the subject I don't expect them to win. Rather I expect FPR with Winterbottom or the triple 888s and perhaps Volvo. Or Garth as much as I don't care for him.
 
Tander is a spent force. He went into decline as soon as Holden started throwing money at T8. If they cut him loose, he would struggle to get a seat elsewhere.
 
Tander is a spent force. He went into decline as soon as Holden started throwing money at T8. If they cut him loose, he would struggle to get a seat elsewhere.

I don't see why he wouldn't have a chance at the win still he's done good for the last few years there and won back in 2010 or 11 if I recall but then again that probably plays into what you said about the Holden factory money. We'll see in another few months though.

Is there a race tomorrow?
 
Is there a race tomorrow?
Yes. Races at permanent circuits, like Barbagallo, are "Super Sprint" meetings, with two 100km races on Saturday, and one 200km race on Sunday.

Races at street circuits, like Townsville, are "Super Street" meetings, with one 200km race on Saturday and another on Sunday.

The system was simplified because the 60/60 Sprint races last year were too confusing, and there was a general consensus that the multiple race formats and different sets of rules was over the top. The only exceptions to this year's formats are Adelaide and Pukekohe.

Also, bear in mind that since this weekend's races are in Perth, they are three hours behind the eastern states.
 
Tander is a spent force.

Yep, it's really starting to look that way isn't it? I'm sure he'll be up there come Bathurst time but his decline is concerning. :/ (Even more so now with his fresh contract)

Though that may be a little harsh considering that JC could only manage a best of 8th today.
 
Last edited:
his decline is concerning.
Why? He drives like he's in the Dunlop Series, so if he is going to stay, then the bottom half of the field is the best place for him - there's less chance that he will Tander someone important off. He's the Christopher Pyne of V8 Supercars: dangerously incompetent, convinced that he is doing better than he actually is, quick to blame everybody else, and proud of his track record of disgraceful behaviour.
 
Speaking of Pye. I just dont like him. I heard about him a few years back before V8s. The kid has talent. I dont like him because he is good(as good as Mostert, better than Percat and Slade) and he'll take away points from Erebus. He showed a hint of his ability last year minus the unfortunate DNF's.
 
Yes, how dare he show the audacity to get into the sport based on his talent when there are so many drivers out there with less talent, but much more corporate backing who could be racing in his place.

Are you sure you're not Christopher Pyne?
 
RBRA accused of refusing to sell spare parts to rival teams

Accusations and innuendo lit up pit-lane on Friday night following allegations Red Bull Racing Australia (RBRA) refused to sell race parts to rival teams as they are required to do under the rules.
The Daily Telegraph approached Red Bull Racing Australia boss Roland Dane on Friday after being told the championship-winning team had told V8 Supercars he would not be selling “transparent’’ parts to bitter rivals the Holden Racing Team (HRT) and Ford Performance Racing (FPR) despite requests for the hardware.

Several questions were put to Dane and he refused to make an official comment. V8 Supercars officials last night confirmed they had received requests from two teams to buy parts from Red Bull Racing and that Dane was aware of the requests.
Despite suggestions Dane had refused to sell the parts, said to include an engine head, to the two rival teams, V8 Supercars would not confirm he had refused the request.

The sport’s governing body did say they may have to intervene in a dispute that cuts to the “transparency’’ rules and obligations to make the parts available.

The transparency rule deems parts that fall into this category must be made available to other teams.
 
Last edited:
I'm not surprised, RBR management come across like a bunch of spoilted brats when they aren't at the front of the grid on a regular basis.
 
I'm not surprised, RBR management come across like a bunch of spoilted brats when they aren't at the front of the grid on a regular basis.
Which makes it a bit of a victimless crime - if they're struggling, why would you want to buy parts from them?
 
Which makes it a bit of a victimless crime - if they're struggling, why would you want to buy parts from them?
Because they are common parts, that all teams use and aren't specific to one team?
 
Rules are rules. I know if I were HRT, I'd being making a beeline to T8 just to annoy them, even if it meant walking the length of the pitlane.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back