Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,828 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
SVG is a fast racer but doesn't give the impression of much respect to anyone apart from himself.

Also I got a feeling his Teckno move is because he got offered some kind of grooming contract for a future 888 seat.
 

I'm surprised NISMO or any private team(s) haven't thought to enter a GT3 car in Australian GT. NISSAN have a strong following here. That would sure help the exposure they are seeking. I have not even heard of anyone using a 350Z or 370Z in any form of production based motorsport here.

I see now, it was a mistake signing with Kelly Racing.
 
I'm surprised NISMO or any private team(s) haven't thought to enter a GT3 car in Australian GT. NISSAN have a strong following here. That would sure help the exposure they are seeking. I have not even heard of anyone using a 350Z or 370Z in any form of production based motorsport here.

I see now, it was a mistake signing with Kelly Racing.

Sadly it looks that way.
 
Seriously bad decision on Nissans part to sign with kelly racing, 888 would of been the common sense option or BJR at the time.
 
They never would have gotten Triple Eight. Simon McNamara would have given up on every other Holden team before letting go of them.
 
They never would have gotten Triple Eight. Simon McNamara would have given up on every other Holden team before letting go of them.
you could say that, but there is still a Holden Factory Team.

Nissan have obviously came with the intention of winning if they have a 4 car team, I think they could of got 888.
 
you could say that, but there is still a Holden Factory Team.
And how well are they doing?

They might be the factory team, but they are not the only ones getting factory support.
 
Ambrose works to extend Nascar stint.
V8 Supercars fans hoping for a return of former two-time champion Marcos Ambrose next season are set to be disappointed.

Ambrose had been linked to a switch back to the Australian championship in recent months as part of a possible V8 Supercars entry for American giants Team Penske.
While discussions between Penske and Dick Johnson Racing are understood to be ongoing, Ambrose is not expected to be a part of such a program.

The 37-year-old is instead poised to continue for a fifth consecutive season with Richard Petty Motorsport in the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
 
Alex Buncombe will co-drive with Todd Kelly at Sandown, Bathurst and Gold Coast. :)👍

10343662_10152418824408427_425745761134068167_n.jpg
 
Alex Buncombe will co-drive with Todd Kelly at Sandown, Bathurst and Gold Coast. :)👍

10343662_10152418824408427_425745761134068167_n.jpg

should have been Rick or a Norton Hornet. More so the Hornet for possible Gran Turismo debut.
 
should have been Rick or a Norton Hornet. More so the Hornet for possible Gran Turismo debut.
True, but Todd was showing some good speed last weekend so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
 
Here's hoping he can pull a Mattias Ekstrom at all three events.
 
Penske linked to DJR Bathurst wildcard.
A Dick Johnson Racing-run wildcard in October’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 may pave the way for Team Penske’s long-mooted entry into the V8 Supercars Championship.

DJR continues to await Penske’s decision on whether the American giant will buy into the Queensland-based squad ahead of the 2015 season.

Speedcafe.com understands that Penske has however made recent enquiries about fielding a Bathurst wildcard through the team this year, which could get the green light regardless of future plans.
Such a move would provide Penske with the opportunity to promote his growing business interests in Australia and potentially feature Team Penske IndyCar personnel, whose compact season finishes in August.

Having already expressed interest in a wildcard slot with V8 Supercars, DJR has until the June 30 cut-off to formally submit its plans.
 
“Todd Kelly is the ideal guy to have as Alex’s team-mate. He has a lot of experience in these cars and at those tracks, particularly Bathurst, so I’m expecting the #7 Altima to impress.”

He may also do good at Sandown.
 
I really don't care who stars in the Nissan for Bathurst I rather see a complete change up for the line up going into next year. I mean though I have to say the drivers being recruited for the 1000 doesn't surprise me because as I said a week or two ago I think Nissan's main take away from V8s would be Bathurst more than a championship as the manufacture, same reason why I think they're going back to Le Mans. Not for a WEC championship but for a LM victory.

Ugh, was my reaction too, when I first heard about that. Anyway, render design.

Dogecoin-V8-Supercar-Erebus1.png

Erebus-Dogecoin-2.png

Erebus crowdfunding push gathers momentum.
It actually looks pretty cool, and I have to say that Reddit group works quite fast to get the dogecoin sponsorship on race cars.
 
Any publicity helps for Erebus. If this means Erebus rolls over (no pun intended) sponsors through the year. It will be good that they fill the space every race with different sponsors. Better than a blank car.
 
Yeah, it's great that they're able to help out a struggling team but the thought of internet memes in real life is just cringeworthy.
 
Alex Buncombe will co-drive with Todd Kelly at Sandown, Bathurst and Gold Coast. :)👍

If he is the one that starts any of the races, I want to see onboard of it, just so I can see him pass 15 cars in 1 lap. :p
 
I woke up Saturday thinking I'll just take a drive to Nisssan Motorsport HQ in Braeside and GRM down in Dandenong. Just to say I visited those locations. I headed out at 11am and changed my mind about Nissan and decided I'll go see a movie. On my way to Northland, I changed my mind and headed to Dandenong. I drove into Melbourne and saw a Hot Rod Aussie/American Muscle event being held. I didnt know one was on. So, I drove past and decided, I'm going home. When I get home, it's 1:37pm, I check FB. GRM had an open garage day from 10am-2pm! :banghead:

Moral of the story? Go with your instincts.
 
I woke up Saturday thinking I'll just take a drive to Nisssan Motorsport HQ in Braeside and GRM down in Dandenong. Just to say I visited those locations. I headed out at 11am and changed my mind about Nissan and decided I'll go see a movie. On my way to Northland, I changed my mind and headed to Dandenong. I drove into Melbourne and saw a Hot Rod Aussie/American Muscle event being held. I didnt know one was on. So, I drove past and decided, I'm going home. When I get home, it's 1:37pm, I check FB. GRM had an open garage day from 10am-2pm! :banghead:

Moral of the story? Go with your instincts.

I thought you were the type to do so...I'm highly disappointed in you sir. :(


I was joking with you of course
 
Last edited:
Would it then be in bad taste if I were to post photos of the event here then...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    809.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0345.JPG
    IMG_0345.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    626.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    784.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    813.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    834.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    756.4 KB · Views: 11
BBS is all I need comment about that. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back