Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,670 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
They came back for a little bit to do the podium celebration, then at least cut the stream.
 
If Crompton, Skaifey and co are with Ch7 and not the V8s themselves, who will the commentators/reporters be next year? I liked the crew that 7 had :(
 
Hopefully the HRTs and Van Gisbergen can carry their momentum into next year, Whincup really had no clear challenger this season.
 
Well, in a couple months it'll be back to business. I'll have one tv on foxtel for the test day, if it's broadcast. The other watching the 12H.
I farewell all the Mercedes teams I've been a fan of for the past 2 years(Erebus, HTP, Mercedes F1, Gary Paffett, BTCC). Back to my Fords and Hondas(in F1). I do have a soft spot for Nismo. Can't wait to see who the next sponsor is. Hope the Altima will be in GT6 or 7 or in AC or PCars some time soon.
 
Whincup really had no clear challenger this season.
He certainly had a fight on his hands at the beginning of the year but then the FPR guys just dropped off. But I too hope that HRT bring the fight from the get go next year, along with Van Gizbergen and hopefully Volvo get on top of their little issues that have held them up in their debut season so McLaughlin can put up a good fight for the championship too.
 
If Crompton, Skaifey and co are with Ch7 and not the V8s themselves, who will the commentators/reporters be next year? I liked the crew that 7 had :(

I'm gonna miss Aaron Noonan if he's not on 10. He can do those guys jobs. He's informative, stays on topic, keeps the race alive, describes what's going on like it's radio. I met him at the Muscle Car Masters a couple years ago. Cool brother.

Hopefully Ten will report on the teams championship more. Norton Hornets(5th)came ahead of GRM(6th) and Erebus(7th).
 
Last edited:
I'm gonna miss Aaron Noonan if he's not on 10. He can do those guys jobs. He's informative, stays on topic, keeps the race alive, describes what's going on like it's radio. I met him at the Muscle Car Masters a couple years ago. Cool brother.

Hopefully Ten will report on the teams championship more. Norton Hornets(5th)came ahead of GRM(6th) and Erebus(7th).

Noonan would be my personal favourite, as well as Larko who is the stats guru.

Would that be due to the fact that Nissan has 2 more cars over the Volvo's ? (Even though only one of the Volvos has an outstanding young driver)
 
Noonan would be my personal favourite, as well as Larko who is the stats guru.

Would that be due to the fact that Nissan has 2 more cars over the Volvo's ? (Even though only one of the Volvos has an outstanding young driver)

Jack Daniels came 8th as a separate team(I don't know why that is, technically) and Tekno 10th. Having more than one car helps for sure, especially in regards to DNF's.
 
Congrats to Whincup for the 6th championship win. I knew he'd get it. Next year I'm going for Marcos Ambrose been a big fan of him when he started in v8s watched him in NASCAR to.
 
edit: removed
 
Last edited:
I'm gonna miss Aaron Noonan if he's not on 10. He can do those guys jobs. He's informative, stays on topic, keeps the race alive, describes what's going on like it's radio. I met him at the Muscle Car Masters a couple years ago. Cool brother.

Hopefully Ten will report on the teams championship more. Norton Hornets(5th)came ahead of GRM(6th) and Erebus(7th).
When you think about it, yes Scott came 5th but Robert came last, and didn't even crack the 1000 points, whereas the Hornets finished 10th and 16th in the championship with both scoring at least 1700 points. Next year will be a lot closer i think. Nissan have found the formula and Erebus are there or there abouts. Going to be a great season next year

Edit: http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/12/07/pye-excluded-five-races-tech-breach/
Could this season get any worse for this young lad. Feel so sorry for him. Him and Whincup would be a lethal pairing next year I think
 
Already tired of the Whincup posts flowing through my facebook feed....
 
When you think about it, yes Scott came 5th but Robert came last, and didn't even crack the 1000 points, whereas the Hornets finished 10th and 16th in the championship with both scoring at least 1700 points. Next year will be a lot closer i think. Nissan have found the formula and Erebus are there or there abouts. Going to be a great season next year

Edit: http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/12/07/pye-excluded-five-races-tech-breach/
Could this season get any worse for this young lad. Feel so sorry for him. Him and Whincup would be a lethal pairing next year I think

For sure, Nissan and Erebus will be in it the next 2 years.

Yeah, if Pye doesnt get a full time drive, he should get a crack at the enduros with Whincup.
 
Him and Whincup would be a lethal pairing next year I think

Yeah they definitely would. I suspect we'll see Pye in one of the two LDM entries next year though.
 
If you take out Volvos reliability gremlins scotty would of been in a good fight with SVG for 2nd.
Exactly. The only DNF cause by his mistake was Bathurst, so next year should be a great fight for the top 5. Of this years top 10, 8 of them could easily make the 5 so exciting times ahead
 
If you take out Volvos reliability gremlins scotty would of been in a good fight with SVG for 2nd.

Giz would have won Bathurst and he had hard luck at Winton. He also incurred some drive throughs he brought on himself. But no doubt Scottie would have had some good points coming into Homebush.
 
Exactly. The only DNF cause by his mistake was Bathurst, so next year should be a great fight for the top 5.

Honestly I think that McLaughlin is the biggest threat to Whincup in sometime. 10 poles and 5 wins (if you count Albert Park)in a car in it's first year of development says it all really. Getting quite excited for next year already, although the cynical part of me tells me I shouldn't be because the end result will probably be the same as the past five years. :lol: :indiff:
 
Last edited:
edit: nvm, I r dumb
 
Oops, I forgot about Albert Park. :lol: :dunce: Thanks for the correction. 👍
 
Wait, he won in Albert Park? I read somewhere that he had five wins but on the V8 site his season only has four (+ he tweeted 4 wins). I must be imagining things :lol:
 
Wait, he won in Albert Park?

Yep. I was going of off the stats on the V8 site originally, I suppose they don't count it officially because you know, not part of the championship and whatnot.
 
Scott McLaughlin has a real chance of winning the championship next year. Only he could be better than Whincup.
 
Giz would have won Bathurst and he had hard luck at Winton. He also incurred some drive throughs he brought on himself. But no doubt Scottie would have had some good points coming into Homebush.
Well technically that was his problem at Bathurst.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back