Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,689 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the 2014 #33 Volvo Livery in my Forza 5 V8 Comp as I know he'll be the one to beat next season :lol:
 
I tell you, the cap of the season for me, were the Albert Park races(not just because I was there). If you showed just those 4 races to people who couldn't give a rats about automobiles, they'd come away entertained. Pukekohe(the attitudes of the cars) and then Bathurst(the last 10laps never disappoint) would be my next tops. For sure Erebus winning at Winton was awesome for me, but those are my top events for the season.
 
Bathurst was insane, despite the huge delays it was still the best Bathurst i have ever seen.
 
I live 15 minutes away from the track... The Town is buzzing every October, greatest time of the year!
 
You're missing out on the greatest part if you're staying indoors. Camping at the Mount is the way to go!
Even though I live so close I still pitch in with the mates and camp there, best thing you can do!
 
You're missing out on the greatest part if you're staying indoors. Camping at the Mount is the way to go!
Even though I live so close I still pitch in with the mates and camp there, best thing you can do!
What he said.
Been there 9 times now and camping trackside is the way to go!
Facilities are plenty good enough and the atmosphere is great!
 
I've been to the Bathurst 1000 (back in 2004) but I didn't camp out. We were there for the Sunday only and got there just after the morning Carrera Cup race had finished. While it was a great experience, I feel like I missed a whole lot by not being there for the whole weekend, let alone camping. Couldn't imagine how much fun that would be.
 
Leading teams lock down endurance co-drivers.

Couple notable bits of news in that article.
Volvo Polestar Racing’s key pairing is too set to remain, with Alexandre Premat having committed to returning alongside Scott McLaughlin.

The Frenchman’s place had been in doubt while he chased a drive in the World Endurance Championship, which features a date clash with Bathurst.
Elsewhere, there will be change at Ford Performance Racing, with Bathurst winning co-driver Paul Morris stepping aside.

Cameron Waters and Steve Owen are set to co-drive the two Pepsi FPR entries next year, although the exact pairings alongside Mark Winterbottom and Chaz Mostert are yet to be decided.
 
Last edited:
Will be interesting to see who rides in the #17, with Holdsworth and the drivers at Erebus.
 
Will be interesting to see who rides in the #17, with Holdsworth and the drivers at Erebus.
I was hoping for Ingall to pair with Ambrose or go to HRT :)
 
Ingall back in a Ford ay? I like Cindric's respect towards the series. If you must win any race, it must be Bathurst. Now who are they going to throw Penske's money at? :)
 
Does any of the enduros conflict with indycar races?

Im pretty sure the indycar season ends a few weeks before sandown.

Might put Montoya or Power with him.
 
Anything is possible. I'd get on the horn to Ekstrom. As long as the FGX is fast enough.

For drivers to be locked in so quickly, that's all the teams want to win. Nissan need more help. Rick needs a new Co-driver. How is Sebastien Loeb going? :D
 
or go to HRT :)

Will be interesting to see which way HRT go with Murphy gone. Tander/Percat & Courtney/Ingall maybe? I'd be down with that. Would be cool to see Will Power co-driving with Ambrose too.
 
You're missing out on the greatest part if you're staying indoors. Camping at the Mount is the way to go!
Even though I live so close I still pitch in with the mates and camp there, best thing you can do!
No thanks that has the risk of coming across spiders and snakes or worst still dare I say it, Ford fans.
 
Does any of the enduros conflict with indycar races?

Im pretty sure the indycar season ends a few weeks before sandown.

Might put Montoya or Power with him.

Pagenaud, that would be amazing.
 
No need to worry, in a year or so there wont be any more "Ford" fans. :lol:
 
No need to worry, in a year or so there wont be a race there bothering to go watch :lol:

Fixed,

Cameron Waters and Steve Owen are set to co-drive the two Pepsi FPR entries next year, although the exact pairings alongside Mark Winterbottom and Chaz Mostert are yet to be decided.

Well that's FPR doing their very best to luck themselves into a win, yet again.......
 
FG X teaser. Test livery sure looks nifty.
fpr-fgx-e1418356723400.png

FPR reveals FG X sneak peak.
 
Last edited:
I'm staying focused on the #17.

This was such a missed opportunity. Hey, who knows. Once Ford sniff the new regulations, they could come back with an Ecoboost anything.
fpr_falcon_car_of_the_future_v8_supercar_ecoboost_04-0921-m:930x584.jpg
 
This was such a missed opportunity.
No, it was an opportunity Ford consciously chose not to take. They were only ever going to stay in V8 Supercars if it made sense from a commercial standpoint. Since it doesn't make sense anymore, there is no reason for them to stay around any longer.
 
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/12/14/cindric-exploring-dunlop-series-options-son/

Cindric is also trying to find a slot for his son in February’s Bathurst 12 Hour in order to help him learn the mountain circuit.

“I’ve had some discussions whether there is a good opportunity to run in the 12 Hour,” he continued.

“The reason for that is to better prepare for the DVS opportunity there, because after being there… it was invaluable for me to see that place first hand.

“I’ve seen the video games and I’ve seen it on TV but until you walk around and you take a ride you don’t really have a total perception of what it means to be at Bathurst.”
 
He must have brain freeze. We'll see. Could be run as a Customer Sports program like AMG. I don't know.
 
I don't really see it as a huge deal, yet. Alot can happen in 2 years.
 
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/12/16/todd-kelly-declares-business-usual-2015/

Todd Kelly says that he fully expects to remain on the V8 Supercars grid in 2015 as his Nissan Motorsport squad continues its hunt for sponsors into the off-season

The 35-year-old’s place in the four-driver line-up has been in doubt due to the team’s commercial position.

The squad has lost Norton, the former primary sponsor of its Michael Caruso and James Moffat driven entires, while Jack Daniel’s is expected to continue in a reduced capacity.

The team made the decision in September to re-sign Caruso regardless, locking him in alongside the already contracted James Moffat and former champion Rick Kelly.

While the possibility of taking a funded driver for the fourth seat has been floated, Kelly has now all but dismissed the chances that such a deal will be struck.

“We’re still pressing on business as usual,” Kelly told Speedcafe.com of his position following the 2014 season finale in Sydney.

“There would have to be something pretty big happen for it to be worth me stepping out and there’s not many miracles (drivers with considerable funding) kicking around.”

Kelly is optimistic that key sponsorship deals can be locked away before Christmas.

“We’re looking pretty good,” he said of progress.

“There have been a lot of solid discussions and there is a lot of good stuff happening between now and Christmas that we’re trying to lock away.”

Kelly is confident that his team, which ran Holdens under the Kelly Racing banner from 2009 to 2012, is set for its most competitive season yet in 2015.

The squad is preparing to introduce a major cylinder head upgrade, which has been in the planning for over 12 months, in the first quarter of next season.

Work is also continuing on an upgrade that will see more drag removed from its aerodynamic package.

The former Bathurst winner insists that the commercial squeeze has not had a negative affect on the team’s research and development push.

“You really need to try and keep the cars developing and going as fast as they can and then work your bum off to sort the financial side,” he said.

“Unless the cars are up the front, you won’t have any decent partners anyway, so we’re still putting everything we possibly can into the development.”

Caruso was the best placed Nissan driver in this year’s championship with 10th, leading Rick Kelly (13th), Moffat (16th) and Todd Kelly (22nd).

Season highlights included a pole at Queensland Raceway (Moffat) and podiums at Bathurst (Moffat/Taz Douglas) and the Gold Coast (Caruso/Dean Fiore).

A general late-season up-swing in form for the team also included Kelly’s personal best result of the season, a fifth place at Phillip Island’s penultimate round.

“With the runs that they’ve had this year with a few podiums and some pace at a lot of places, there’s still a fairly reasonable chunk (of straightline speed) missing that we’re hoping to get,” said Kelly when asked of the squad’s 2015 prospects.

“We’re not going to say anything silly like we’re going to win the championship, but we certainly need to be top five runners a lot more often and aim for a lot more podiums through the year.”

I'd be knocking on Sony Playstation and PDI's door. At least try to get a 2year deal and video game deals in there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back