Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,686 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it definitely does, I'm digging it a lot. Hopefully we see some pics of the back of it soon. The end plate on the rear wing is, interesting.

yeah massive overhangs reminds me of the 92 or 93 Sportscar season when they had the massive rear wing end-plates.
 
Those Utes are so damn cool! Can't wait to see them roaring down the mountain!
 
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/01/14/gracie-working-nz-supertourer-drive/

When I chose to enter the Dunlop series I decided that NZ SuperTourers was also something I wanted to do.

“Mainly because it gives me twice as much racing in a season. The aim is to learn as much as I can.”

Gracie said she enjoyed driving the SuperTourer, which is effectively a cut-price Next Generation V8 Supercar, featuring a control, 7.0 litre Chevrolet engine.

“They’re quite sporty and ‘Porsche’ like to drive, you have to be smooth with the throttle,” she said.

“They’re light and don’t feel as heavy as a V8 Supercar, they seem more nimble. I really enjoyed it.”

renee-gracie-e1421220543242.png


andre-heimgartner-e1421220682275.png
 
Re: Those Ute pictures, I thought I recognised that platform!

Colorado-Front-700x466.jpg


RDO_NAVARAfront-700x467.jpg


Holden-Coupe-60-Concept-2008-1-1024x768.jpg


RDO_RANGERrear-700x466.jpg


holden-coupe-60-7-big.jpg
 
The pics of the utes are a couple years old.
 
Looks like they are going for more black.
Last couple of years have been good so hopefully this is too.
 
If the speculation is true, the black is for the Monster Energy sponsorship.
Wouldnt surprise me. Have seen Percat(not that he is at Walkinshaw anymore though) and Courtney with Monster hats. And HRT are a front running team, unlike Nissan or LDM.
 
Dont't know if this has been said yet, but Tim Cindric's son, 16-year old Austin Cindric, is driving for Erebus in the Bathurst 12hr.

Before you say, "Wrong Thread!", I've got a theory, maybe Penske is doing this as a way to get Austin some laps at Bathurst for a possible Wildcard entry for the Bathurst 1000. It isn't far-fetched as DJR-Penske has stated it's interested in a Wildcard entry for Bathurst. And maybe Austin could just be a contender for a co-drive with Ambrose, as well.

Another interesting bit to make this a reality is that last year, Austin Cindric drive in a test day for a Dunlop Series team and apparently enjoyed it. A lot.

Just a theory...
 
Dont't know if this has been said yet, but Tim Cindric's son, 16-year old Austin Cindric, is driving for Erebus in the Bathurst 12hr.

Before you say, "Wrong Thread!", I've got a theory, maybe Penske is doing this as a way to get Austin some laps at Bathurst for a possible Wildcard entry for the Bathurst 1000. It isn't far-fetched as DJR-Penske has stated it's interested in a Wildcard entry for Bathurst. And maybe Austin could just be a contender for a co-drive with Ambrose, as well.

Another interesting bit to make this a reality is that last year, Austin Cindric drive in a test day for a Dunlop Series team and apparently enjoyed it. A lot.

Just a theory...

Penske may also enter more than just the Bathurst wildcard. Im sure well see more of him.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/01/13/penske-eyes-more-v8-supercars-wildcards/

Team Penske president Tim Cindric says that running a second car as a wildcard at selected events is in the team’s plans for this season.

“I would hope so because that would help us put the groundwork together and the basic foundation for the two-car team in 2016,” Cindric told Speedcafe.com when asked of running wildcards this year.

“Certainly if all the moons align that’s what we want to do.

“Whether that is with our own drivers, as in Penske’s current drivers, or a combination of those from the outside (remains to be seen).

“It is something we would like to do, but it still has to make business sense.”

The Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and Sydney NRMA 500 are thought to be the most likely venues for an additional Penske Ford.
 
Last edited:
I believe Tim Cindric has said that his son is considering V8 Supercars as a viable career path because he does not think that some of the series on offer in America are worth it.

If that's true, then I'm guessing that he wants to race on circuits, but doesn't like the series outside NASCAR.
 
Glad to see a return to predominantly white livery. Wasn't too big on revised grey livery that Wood over the last part of the season.
 
Mothers sponsored?

If that FG X wins in the hands of Super Black over Holdsworth, that'll be something.
 
Interesting to see who they'll get to co-drive with Holdsworth. Oliver Gavin and Jack Perkins are the only two that really spring to mind at the moment.
 
Is Magnusson still driving Corvettes or is he retired? Gavin/Holdsworth is a good pair though.
 
Is Magnusson still driving Corvettes or is he retired? Gavin/Holdsworth is a good pair though.
Nope still driving as if he plans to be there for another several years. I think he's mid 40s now so I don't see him leaving.
 
Does the test day still have free access to the public? And does anyone know what time it starts? I live close enough to the Creek that I can make it, but I don't know much about it.
 
Yes it's free. My wife is going to a hens night so we won't be going to Bathurst. Which leaves me going to The Creek on Sunday.



V8 SuperTest Schedule

Saturday February 7

Start Activity Duration
9am -12 noon Testing 3 hours
1pm-2.30pm Testing 1 hour 30 minutes
3pm-5pm Testing 2 hours
Sunday February 8

Start Activity Duration
10am- 12 noon Testing 2 hours
12.30pm-1.30pm Fan Walk 1 hour
2pm-3.50pm SuperTest Shootout 1 hour 50 minutes
 
Hopefully the full car will be released soon.
Probably at the test day. VESA clearly want to turn the test day into a fan event, to make the sport accessible while the teams work through their programmes. Perhaps even moreso now that the broadcast rights are being shared between Ten and Foxtel. A part of that is having the official team launches at the venue.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back