Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,163 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
#6 my favorite number! 👍
 
Chat Mostert wins the Shootout with Jamie Whincup coming 12th.

Bit disappointed that Scott McLaughlin wasn't on the podium but at least Whincup wasn't. :)

Fox Sports covered the event brilliantly, still a few rough edges in the Speed/Steering Angle telemetry presentation but overall great day with little ad breaks.
 
Didn't realize the GT Academy livery on Todd's car had a ghost checkered flag on it until I saw this photo.

V8SC15_SMSPTEST_DKIMG27521.jpg
 
That thing looks rad ! Hope the GT Academy livery is a full time one not just for testing.
 
That thing looks rad ! Hope the GT Academy livery is a full time one not just for testing.
it is a one off new livery/sponser to be announced in the coming weeks
 
Fox Sports covered the event brilliantly, still a few rough edges in the Speed/Steering Angle telemetry presentation but overall great day with little ad breaks.

Only saw little bits and pieces because of the 12 hour but from what I saw of their coverage I liked a lot. And not sure that it means a hell of a lot but was happy to see JC get the third quickest time yesterday.
 
Only saw little bits and pieces because of the 12 hour but from what I saw of their coverage I liked a lot. And not sure that it means a hell of a lot but was happy to see JC get the third quickest time yesterday.

It was a little telling from the lap record held there. race pace is a different story. @noshog, I'll be posting that pic in the suggestion thread 👍
 
Chat Mostert wins the Shootout with Jamie Whincup coming 12th.

Bit disappointed that Scott McLaughlin wasn't on the podium but at least Whincup wasn't. :)

Fox Sports covered the event brilliantly, still a few rough edges in the Speed/Steering Angle telemetry presentation but overall great day with little ad breaks.

Yep fox sports does a verry good coverage not as many ads and they show replays of the races. I'm glad foxtel got it. Was starting to get sick of primes coverage with ads every 5 minutes you would miss half of the qualifying.
 
Just before Christmas Virgin Media recently gave everyone on all packages MotorsTV and last week I recently upgraded to the TiVo box from the V Box which means I can now record all the motorsport on the channel I like. I recorded the Super Test and the Shoot-Out and I have to ask, is it just me, or was Shave van Gisbergen unusually wobbly a lot of the time during the test?

Also I think the new Falcon's look really strong. I can see Marus Ambrose doing really well. Same for the Altimas who I will be backing as well as the Pepsi Max Cew since I live near to the Nissan plant in the UK. And with Erebus and Wilson Security Racing (GRM) having a strong Scott McLaughlan I can't see many of the Holden's getting near the title.
 
Just before Christmas Virgin Media recently gave everyone on all packages MotorsTV and last week I recently upgraded to the TiVo box from the V Box which means I can now record all the motorsport on the channel I like. I recorded the Super Test and the Shoot-Out and I have to ask, is it just me, or was Shave van Gisbergen unusually wobbly a lot of the time during the test?
Actually they didn't it was previously on XL only but is now on M+, L and XL. Customers still on M or More TV don't get it.
 
Looks better than some of the main game cars. I like it.

Date set for DJR team Penske launch.
DJR Team Penske is set to reveal Marcos Ambrose’s Clipsal 500 sponsor at the team’s workshop on Thursday, February 19th.

The team plans to cycle a number of primary sponsors across the #17 Ford throughout the season, mirroring the model used on Penske’s NASCAR and IndyCar programs in the United States.

Ambrose’s car ran in Xbox colours at last year’s Sydney 500 and last weekend’s Sydney SuperTest, with the livery also expected to return later in the season.

Speculation is mounting that Shell will be among the year’s primary sponsors, while Penske-imported truck brands Western Star and MAN have also been linked to the program.
 
Penske will show how it's done. The FG X is a good looking race car.
 
Last edited:
Why? I have never once wondered "what's Rick Kelly thinking right now?". Except maybe in the fifteen second before he ran Lowndes off the road that one time.

I guess it's him desperate to stay relevant to the sport.
 
Why? As he gets more excited, his voice gets higher. Eventually, he'll cross beyond the range of human hearing.
 
Hey look, more negative comments.
 
Hey, look, more comments on comments rather than comments on topic.

If you have an issue with what I post or how I post, then feel free to raise the issue with the moderators. I should warn you, though - there is nothing in the AUP than bans a user from having a negative opinion, and the moderators rarely appreciate users wasting time with such spurious reports.

Until such time as I break the AUP and it is addressed by a moderator, I will continue to express my opinion on a variety of subjects, whatever that opinion happens to be. If you feel that I come across as overtly negative, then you are entitled to feel that way. However, do not expect it to garner any results, and if you continue to comment on other users' posts rather than the topic at hand, you leave yourself open to moderator action for deliberately driving a thread off-topic.
 
Yes Rick Kelly does sound like a cat on a hot tin roof, but the radio show he used to do with Paul Dumbrell and some other fella was actually quite good, V8 Nation I believe it was called,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back