Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,639 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they give an apology
 

Attachments

  • wp_ss_20150218_0004.png
    wp_ss_20150218_0004.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 10
Or it just looks like every other Jack Daniels' livery:

Doesn't it what? I'm really struggling to see what's different about it vs the test day livery. Looks pretty good but it would have been nice if they changed it up a bit.
 
Last edited:
The black on the car is actually a brushed aluminum look, instead of the standard gloss black.
 
Now that's a great livery. I love to see the Shell name back on #17.

Looks like a cleaner, nearer version of Augusto Farfus' DTM M3:

P90173807-630x354.jpg
 
Just realised Clipsal is a week away! Sitting in the grandstand at turn 9 this year (previously was at the Senna chicane, turn 8 before that and at the final corner before that), very excited about this new seating position, although I will miss being right there for the very start of the races.
 
I love to see the Shell name back on #17.

Yeah, it's really great to see Shell back on the #17 in a predominant way. Can't say that I'm too much of a fan of this livery, needs less white and more yellow. Probably will look a lot better on track though.
 
I'm not a fan of Ronald McDonald colors, but they got me with this one. Classy job. Remember, they'll keep changing liveries NASCAR style and we surely won't be seeing the #17 in a GRAN TURISMO game. :indiff:
 
Just realised Clipsal is a week away!
Envy you, wish they would come up here again.

In any case, I have a computer that will run the stream with no problem now, and it's hooked up to a nice 42" TV. This season is going to be great. :D
 
Some video


Well that thing is going to stick out like a shaved bear,

@R1600Turbo they do need to go back to states before the new rules set in, but not COTA, get them over Laguna Seca, Road America, Watkins Glen,
 
I genuinely hated the Xbox paint job. This is a welcome sight.
They're only sticking around for two rounds - Adelaide and (probably) Townsville. An XBOX livery will be back later in the year, while MAN Trucks and Penske will also be cycled through.
 
Makes me wonder if they'll go full Pirtek livery for the enduros. If not, maybe at Tasmamia. The FG X does make the liveries look good. Even the Bottle-O is going to look fresh when Reynolds gets it.
 
Makes me wonder if they'll go full Pirtek livery for the enduros.
Shell Helix, MAN, Penske and XBOX are the only ones confirmed so far.
 
I'm pretty sure that was a concept.
 
I do apologize if someone has touched on this already, but if Toddler is going into Clipsal sporting a GT livery. Does that make it safe to assume that a future GT update will include that car? I'm without a doubt a holden/McLauchlan supporter, but a more up to date V8SC from Setons Falcon AU around Bathurst would be fab
 
As far as we know, that was only for the Sydney test.
 
That may be so but hope is a powerful tool haha
 
Totally not biased :sly:.

Never would have guessed. :p
We got a little preview of the concept MAN livery last year. Black and grey is going to look tough. Especially if the wheels are black.

Yeah hopefully the actual MAN livery doesn't look too dissimilar to that one, love the colours. Black wheels too. :O
 
Is Bowe trying to make a switch to Volvos or something? :sly:

:lol:

I assume the blue is because of Wilson Security's association with GRM? Maybe we'll see Bowe co-driving with Wall? :dopey:
 
Last edited:
So why does Nissan get to use that rear wing that extends out to the other side of the globe? Or is it a test run wing, I mean I like it and it's interesting but still
 
So why does Nissan get to use that rear wing that extends out to the other side of the globe? Or is it a test run wing, I mean I like it and it's interesting but still

The Ford, Holden and Nissan have been adjusted with the current kits at the start of the season, even the Ford has a totally revised rear wing from last year, and with it running the updated car the nose has been revised as well,

In short, all pictures you see of the new cars are running current homologations
 
Is there any word that the FG X's have solved that 'canning' effect on the bonnet?

I know they had a temporary solution to it during the Super Test, but have they implemented the support beam for the bonnet they (ProDrive) talked about during the test?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back