Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,435 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ford, Holden and Nissan have been adjusted with the current kits at the start of the season, even the Ford has a totally revised rear wing from last year, and with it running the updated car the nose has been revised as well,

In short, all pictures you see of the new cars are running current homologations

I know the ford was all knew, and I read the Nissan being new but I didn't read anywhere that the wing would look like that, and thus why it's that far out and the Holden and Ford and Volvo from what I've seen and read aren't...

Also this is my first time seeing the Benz.
 
I know the ford was all knew, and I read the Nissan being new but I didn't read anywhere that the wing would look like that, and thus why it's that far out and the Holden and Ford and Volvo from what I've seen and read aren't...

Also this is my first time seeing the Benz.

The wing on the Datsun suits the touring car name better now I think, That enormous ironing board they have had for the last 2 years was just hideous to look at,
 
The wing on the Datsun suits the touring car name better now I think, That enormous ironing board they have had for the last 2 years was just hideous to look at,

Yeah it was, but I was hoping someone could link an article that gives a technical reason for the change, since I can't seem to find one.
 
Erebus teasing new liveries for Adelaide.

B-RJLydIQAA-OsM.jpg:large
 
Last edited:
Judging by that, the 'just slap-it-on' sticker may be gone...
 
Leave the black wheels on this time please. 👍
 
I wonder how the Kellys feel about that. Putting Caruso in factory trim and having him carry the factory number feels like Nissan are looking to him for their future.
 
Speaking of that, I wonder if they will be updating the aero on the car yet again next year since the road car (in the US at least) will be changing slightly. Easiest thing to do would be to just wait until 2017 for the new regs and just using the new Z car. ;)
 
No one cares about the Z hopefully they go GT-R.

Group A all over again.
 
GT-R is going all new though for '18 or '19. Z should be '17 or '18.
 
GT-R is going all new though for '18 or '19. Z should be '17 or '18.
Don't tell me that's the current Z your talking about.
 
GT-R is going all new though for '18 or '19. Z should be '17 or '18.

The Z only lasted half or one full season in GT500? That's going to be one longnose Z if the regs are keeping the same wheelbases as these NewGen cars. :p
 
Don't know about Skaife analyzing anything.
"You know, Neil, I don't mean to exaggerate, but there's a lot of hyperbole in my commentary."
 
Looking forward to the v8 supercars on foxtel watching the practice sessions on Thursday finally will get to watch the support series and v8 Utes as well.
 
There's not a whole lot wrong with Skaife. I mean, yes he's terribly enthusiastic but at least he doesn't moan and groan. And at least he knows what he's talking about.
 
Which begs the question of how he managed to slip past Channel 7's rigorous employment standards.
:lol:

Am I the only one that noticed that Foxtel has now censored out the "Live & Free" motto on anything that's Channel 7 footage in their ads?

They haven't done this until quite recently so I'm a bit puzzled to as why they've started doing just now.
 
I wouldn't know. I don't have Foxtel. I'm considering getting it, though - there's nothing on the commercial networks except a) competitive reality shows like "The Block" and "My Kitchen Rules", b) reruns of terrible syndicated shows like "Everybody Loves Raymond", or c) reruns of "The Simpsons", which wouldn't be too bad except that Channel 10 apparently only have a dozen episodes.
 
I know the price has been cut down to $25 a month, but even that is a tad bit too much.

I will say that it is worth it, especially during the Sports season, where Fox Sports delivers some truly amazing coverage for multiple sports with either no ad-breaks or very, very little.

It's definitely worth it depending on what your taste is, so to anyone sitting on that fence, I'd say, either wait until after Adelaide or get it now as who knows how long the cheap deal will last.
 
Ohh, to have Kath & Kim reruns back on.

Too bad I lost interest in Upper Middle Bogan. The first season was alright. Any ol' way, it's going to be an even better season for V8s.
 
Fox Sports Channels are the only Channels worth watching from 2015 onwards, free TV has turned to utter crap and so has Foxtels other recycled garbage.
 
It's definitely worth it depending on what your taste is, so to anyone sitting on that fence, I'd say, either wait until after Adelaide or get it now as who knows how long the cheap deal will last.
I'm more interested in general entertainment than anything else. I tend to watch the marquee V8 events, but ignore the mid-season stuff. I'm more a fan of open-wheel racing.

I know the price has been cut down to $25 a month, but even that is a tad bit too much.
Really? That's less than a dollar a day.
 
I'm more interested in general entertainment than anything else. I tend to watch the marquee V8 events, but ignore the mid-season stuff. I'm more a fan of open-wheel racing.

Well welcome to GP2, GP3, European formula 3, Formula 3.5, Indycar and Better F1 coverage(there is soo much more but it will take too much of my memory).

There was 24/7 Motorsport coverage when they had the Speed Channel but now that they fused it into Fox Sports 4 &5 they can now show several races at the same time instead of delayed for all but one.
 
Fox Sports Channels are the only Channels worth watching from 2015 onwards, free TV has turned to utter crap and so has Foxtels other recycled garbage.
I'll admit that there are a few terrible shows that somehow pass as 'Entertainment' but they're mainly shoes that have come from the USA after success there but it doesn't always translate into that here in Australia.


And just in case someone asks no I don't work for Foxtel. :lol:


I'm more interested in general entertainment than anything else. I tend to watch the marquee V8 events, but ignore the mid-season stuff. I'm more a fan of open-wheel racing.
I can't remember how much the Entertainment pack costs off the top of my head, but I do know it comes with a lot of channels that are value for money, again depending on taste.

Really? That's less than a dollar a day.
$25 a month for all the Sports channels. From Fox Sports News to Fox Sports 3 to ESPN, if I recall correctly.

And as @mustafur said, Fox Sports has pretty much all the Open-Wheel categories from F1 to GP3 to Formula 4 to Formula E.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back