Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,599 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else find it ironic that this ridiculous story of sabotage is coming from a team that literally told it's drivers to "get them or take them out" (referring to the two FPR cars ahead of Whincup) a few years ago?
 
Yeah, Dumb & Dumber.. err, Dane & Dutton, need to sit down.
 
Yes 888 are a very worried after a non championship round... please :lol:
 
Shouldn't triple 8 be focused more on their fuel mileage to get the cars to finish endurance length races as oppose to what the others are doing?
 
Shouldn't triple 8 be focused more on their fuel mileage to get the cars to finish endurance length races as oppose to what the others are doing?

I dont understand, are you referring to last years Bathurst?
 
Last edited:
Just watched the last race. My opinion is that because this is basically a "for the fans / for fun" event, and the only non-points round during the season, that V8 Supercars (or CAMS?) should really open things up and give the teams soft tires, and as many as they want to cover the weekend. Make the racing the absolute best it can be. No reason at all for the restrictions.

Standing starts too.
 
Standing starts with Reverse championship order grid race 1, you want chaos there you go.
 
Saying good-bye to those double round headlights.
 
Standing starts with Reverse championship order grid race 1, you want chaos there you go.

Do you remember the reverse grid races a few years ago? I cant remember what year that was, 2008 I think?
 
Do you remember the reverse grid races a few years ago? I cant remember what year that was, 2008 I think?
Don't think they where ever a full reverse grid though more like reversed 8, not entirely sure as i didn't watch V8SC much when it was only Holden and Ford.
 
Reverse grids at Dubai or Abu Dhabi?
 
“Marcos will continue to support the team and our partners including competing in the Endurance Series Races.”
Entire season as a full-time driver, is what I meant. He would never give up a drive at Bathurst as a co-driver... Well hopefully he wouldn't.
 

Don't get that at all. Says he needs more experience in these cars to do what is required of a team leader and to be competitive for the team and sponsors, etc. Yet isn't the best way of getting that experience to stick it out and get a full season of racing under his belt?

Anyway, big opportunity for Pye now to audition for a full time gig next year.
 
Don't get that at all. Says he needs more experience in these cars to do what is required of a team leader and to be competitive for the team and sponsors, etc. Yet isn't the best way of getting that experience to stick it out and get a full season of racing under his belt?

Anyway, big opportunity for Pye now to audition for a full time gig next year.
I think he has succumbed to the pressure that the media has placed on him ahead of his 'homecoming' in Tasmania and he needs to get out (have a break) of V8SC. A shame really as he wasn't doing too bad so far...
 
Well that sucks, a full time season with a brand new team seems like a great place to get some experience with the cars under his belt. Too bad the ****** media hype around him made it seem like he's past his prime since he isn't automatically in the top 5.... which there was no chance of him or anyone else being with a brand new team :/
 
A shame really as he wasn't doing too bad so far...

Exactly, he was was doing extremely good for someone that hasn't driven a V8 in almost a decade. Remember how much the cars have changed in that time. Makes absolutely no sense to me at all. There has got to be something else going than just stepping down to "get more experience".

And again, how the hell is he going to gain that "experience" if he isn't racing the car?
 
And again, how the hell is he going to gain that "experience" if he isn't racing the car?
I can't see him doing the Dunlop Series and you can't exactly just do test days every month or so... I feel there is something more to it that we don't know about yet.

Well, for us Foxtel people we can always watch 'Inside Supercars' tonight to see if anything more is added to this situation.
 
Doesn't this mean he can still be a part time driver for the Enduros as he didn't go past the round limit?
 
Don't think they where ever a full reverse grid though more like reversed 8, not entirely sure as i didn't watch V8SC much when it was only Holden and Ford.

I just looked it up and it was 2006. In the 3 race formats they would reverse the full field in the 2nd race but only made it half points. It was scrapped half way through the season.

Shocking about Ambrose! Ive read some of the reports and I understand what he is saying but it still doesnt make sense? As some of you guys said he wasnt doing that badly and considering this is the first year of the DJR/Penske partnership, there would really be no target for the season other than getting experience?? I dont understand but its good for Pye
 
Sure is odd, but I think he was expecting to be in the top 10 without issue all the time, new car build and somewhat of an underperforming team on the rebound just isn't producing,
 
I don't know what his training was like in NASCAR. I think he is looking at the bigger picture. This is team Penske. No matter what their expectations. I felt Pye should have stayed on. Ambrose should have sat with the team. Even in the Dvs to learn the circuits again. Shorter races may have been better.

But I have to go with the masses in this thread. There's got to be more to it.
 
I think if Pye can get up to speed though they could very much be a threat for Bathurst.
 
I think if Pye can get up to speed though they could very much be a threat for Bathurst.

I'm thinking Championship. Pye is a better driver than Reynolds. As good as Percat and Chaz. He proved it at Bathurst with Morris. If the FG X is as good as it was this passed weekend, this dude is going to get it done. Even in 2013 with LDM, he was a threat(excluding his crashes). We all saw how good he is last year. The Falcon drivers were able to get some good results in underperforming cars. Now that they have the confidence of the FG X, we'll have a good 2 seasons of racing.

And one more thing. Respect for Ambrose. Tough call for a racer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back