Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,589 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
More on a possible Todd kelly replacement with Florian Strauss, like I said before on other topics he is a Sim racing alien and most of all he raced in V8 Supercar series, which to me suggests if they give him the choice thats likely where he will end up:

That Video is of the Touring Car Pro series, I raced in 2011(He won the Championship) and the race is in 2012 at Albert Park(a Year before he won Gt Academy), basically everyone there is at IracingPro level.
 
Are the people with foxtel getting the V8 coverage this week?
 
Now that's a good livery for the FG X.

Not overly big on that livery myself. But it does look a hell of a lot better on the FG-X then it did on the FG.
 
Good stuff.
9e193736-cb08-41a1-bbd8-fd4e051a2002_500.png

now just don't take each other out at turn 3.
 
Looks like that fresh new car for Caruso is giving him fits. Good thing this isn't a points weekend.
 
Looks like that fresh new car for Caruso is giving him fits. Good thing this isn't a points weekend.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Dane will let PRA shine for this event and then pull the rug at Tasmania.
 
Wish they could make this a points round, good to see 888 not at the front.
 
Well the back field had an odd start,
 
Wish I could watch it. :(
Safety car after two laps front is unchanged but Todd Kelly hit Scotty off the track (Was scottys fault though).

backfield crashes involving Blanchard, Walsh and Ambrose caused the SC.
 
Wish I could be watching too. I tried Ten's streaming service but it was useless. 👎
 
My problem is I'm at work, as opposed to Bernie. I caught the first hour of coverage this morning, hoping the first V8 race would be before F1's FP1 as in previous years.
 
Reynolds went off,
 
Only saw first 4 laps at work. Sad for Reynolds, Shane set him up lovely. At least a Ford won and Ambrose wasn't last. On to tomorrow. 2 races.
 
Only caught the last three laps myself. Doesn't seem like I missed too much. PRA look like they are going to be tough beat this weekend. Albert park seems to really suit the Falcon.
 
Only caught the last three laps myself. Doesn't seem like I missed too much. PRA look like they are going to be tough beat this weekend. Albert park seems to really suit the Falcon.

I'm hoping its better suited to Bathurst :P
 
The cars did look strong from what i saw. Scottie got caught out with a little love tap. It's like BTCC, when you're thrown off just a bit, EVERYONE attacks!
 
The cars did look strong from what i saw. Scottie got caught out with a little love tap. It's like BTCC, when you're thrown off just a bit, EVERYONE attacks!

Which is a bit silly considering its not a championship race, which it should be,
 
Which is a bit silly considering its not a championship race, which it should be,

I just had a deep down feeling that they would make a last minute adjustment, to change this round to Championship status. So wrong...

Plus it's so much BS how the Team Principals say it doesn't count. Hog wash and cow pucky. It's not an exhibition if you have to repair a car over the weekend.I'm preaching to the choir, but teams also "test" new parts in races throughout the season. The world(if you have Foxtel and Ten) are watching these races too.
 
I just had a deep down feeling that they would make a last minute adjustment, to change this round to Championship status. So wrong...

Plus it's so much BS how the Team Principals say it doesn't count. Hog wash and cow pucky. It's not an exhibition if you have to repair a car over the weekend.I'm preaching to the choir, but teams also "test" new parts in races throughout the season. The world(if you have Foxtel and Ten) are watching these races too.

And now a shortened race....
 
12 laps and Hard tyres also kills it this weekend.

I'll get to watch the V8 replay on Foxtel Go at 8pm after F1 Practice 2.
 
Last edited:
Hopefully the event becomes a championship one from next season, but I'd be a little disappointed if we end up with such short races counting for the championship. Maybe there's a way around that, I can't imagine the event promoters allowing anything else though. Hopefully I'm wrong.
 
The racing was pretty dull. But then, it does tend to be unless there is an incident. It's a great circuit for Formula 1, but not so much for touring cars.
 
Pitstops from the end of lap 1 to the penultimate lap. Hard and soft compound must be used. Standing start for Sunday's race. Maybe that would help.
 
The commentator mentioned thats the first Ford pole since 2013. Did they really not have a pole at all in 2014??
 
The commentator mentioned thats the first Ford pole since 2013. Did they really not have a pole at all in 2014??

Frosty's first pole since 2013 mate ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back