Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,599 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, hopefully it's still up when I get home from work.
Fairly certain it will be. This person ha been uploading V8SC races the same day as the races for at least two seasons now as well as most of the support races :)
 
I'm hoping its better suited to Bathurst :p

Hey, just as long as both HRT cars are better suited. I'm fine with it. :D

Edit: 5 grid spot penalty for McLaughlin today following the incident with Dale Wood in the second race.
 
Last edited:
Look at Chaz! The FG X is fast. No doubt.
 
Yeah those cars are much faster.

Tbh this track is pretty bad with the V8SC.
 
True.

Check that out. Showing the race and ads split screen. Took them 30 years to work that one out.
 
Nice result for Percat to finish 9th. 👍 Ain't nobody going to catch those PRA FG-X's this weekend though.
 
Nice result for Percat to finish 9th. 👍 Ain't nobody going to catch those PRA FG-X's this weekend though.

I think giz will be faster then them tomorrow, I think the PRA boys have used their good tires,
 
Reynolds is disappointing. He really needs to up his game this year
 
Reynolds is disappointing. He really needs to up his game this year
He wasn't doing too badly. He just got shafted in the first race, lost his weight in positions, and it's proving to be borderline impossible to pass.
 
I think giz will be faster then them tomorrow, I think the PRA boys have used their good tires,

Same for Courtney. He was on old tyres for that one. Hopefully the both he and SVG can make it a better race tomorrow.


And Tander tweeted this after the race. Apologizing for the quality of the racing.
‏@GarthTander
Apologies to those that wanted to see actual @v8supercars racing. What you getting is 4x12 lap tyre economy runs #raceforpoints #moretyres
 
Last edited:
He wasn't doing too badly. He just got shafted in the first race, lost his weight in positions, and it's proving to be borderline impossible to pass.

He just reminds me exactly as Dumbrell was. Solid but will occasionally fight at the top on a good day.
 
Using my girlfriend's mum's Foxtel account on my computer and then using AirPlay to stream the broadcast to Apple TV in the lounge room. Fantastic setup and I won't be paying a cent to watch the V8s or F1!

Rupert Murdoch - 0
Us - 1


Too bad I didn't figure this out before today's coverage...


Anyway, interested to see how tomorrow's race pans out. Hopefully Prodrive have indeed used up all their good tyres so we can see someone else on the top step.

Was also great to see the old Group A and C touring cars out on track today as well. The GT-R has such a great stance with its big, wide tyres barely fitting in the wheel wells. Was cool to see it out on track, with many other legendary Australian touring cars.
 
Last edited:
In the past, the FGs were always good on hard tyres(Most likely due to lack of rear downforce). I don't know if Dunlop has changed the formulae, but the FG X may still show the Falcon is still good on its tyres. We'll see tomorrow.

If that's the difference between young and used tyres, Sunday should be a much better race.
 
Using my girlfriend's mum's Foxtel account on my computer and then using AirPlay to stream the broadcast to Apple TV in the lounge room. Fantastic setup and I won't be paying a cent to watch the V8s or F1!

Rupert Murdoch - 0
Us - 1
Given the low quality of programming on commercial networks outside the realm of motorsport, I think I'm going to let Murdoch have this one.
 
Can we have Jack Perkins commentate on every round he's not racing in, please? I've not heard him in the booth before and I'm enjoying hearing his take on the racing.
 
He's not bad. Get Aaron Noonan in there as well. Especially post race. Ingall is struggling. he doesn't seem to be taking notes. I mean he'll probably get better, but having Noonan to do post race recaps would suit him since he can't do the live gig. That current lady has no enthusiasm.
 
We'll see if Chas really has no tyres.

Geez :rolleyes:
 
That rolling start was horrific, Heimgartner jumped half the grid lmao.
 
I doubt Ambrose and Percat are laughing.
 
Who ever thought of rolling start needs to be beaten.

Standing start is soo much better, not only is it closer but it's much more fair.
 
Shame for Percat. All that good work yesterday to get himself inside the top ten and he doesn't even make it to the first corner today. Rolling starts. 👎
 
Last edited:
http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/03/15/v8-rolling-starts-slammed-after-strategic-shunt/

This could only come from on high. This guy is crazy.
“That was fully intentional… he did that to cause a shunt. There’s no question,” Red Bull team manager Mark Dutton told Speedcafe.com.

Frosty:
Winterbottom however called “bull***t” on suggestions that the accident had been his fault.

“If you’ve got the pole you’ve got the right to go when you want and if they predict you’re going to go in the same spot, it’s not your fault, it’s their fault,” he said. “But that’s what that start does.”
 
T8 are going to call for a change of rules to not have rear wings extend over the rear of the cars. It'll just be a matter of ti... Next round. We'll see.
 
Maybe I'm just a cynic, but then Triple Eight have taught us to confront them with as much, so I don't feel guilty about saying this: one of the recurring themes of the weekend as been the way the FG X has been great on circuits with an aero dependency. The cynic in me wonders if Triple Eight are feeling threatened by this.
 
Not threatened at all. They along with McNadonald, will wave their "I'm withdrawing from V8SC" card and make sure PRA(all Fords) are kept on their leads. Short ones at that. Just to remind everyone who call the shots.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back