Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,724 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Sandown but it seems like follow the leader at times. Gold coast has lots of passing and mishaps. The final corners at GC have always been more exciting than the final corners at Sandown.
Yeah but every car gets wrecked and to me that's worse
 
If only this could mimic the F1 team the next couple years.
I think they really mellowed when they took Ricciardo. They're still prone to outbursts about the state of the sport, but it's impossible to not like Ricciardo.
 
I agree with what Ingall just said. Qualifying should be for the initial race, then where you finish is where you start the next race. He agrees there should be qualifying. Just not multiple qualifying during the weekend. Makes sense to reward those that made their way up the field.
 
I agree with what Ingall just said. Qualifying should be for the initial race, then where you finish is where you start the next race. He agrees there should be qualifying. Just not multiple qualifying during the weekend. Makes sense to reward those that made their way up the field.
Dammit. I was just about to say that. :lol:

If they keep the current format, they need to get rid of the multiple qualifying sessions and opt for a single qualifying session, with the grid being determined by the race results of the previous race. I'd like to see a Reverse Grid for the second race to provide more action with these dull Sprint Races.
 
Whincup almost in the wall at turn 2. Pye and Heimgartner fighting to get in front of each other.

Todd Kelly 5th so far. Edit Walsh 5th

The nissans!

PRA must not drop the ball today. A 1,2,3 and if Pye hold it together.
 
Ford and Nissan up front. Whincup in the rear.

I'm happy. :D
 
Well, unless they screw themselves with their strategy again, can't see anyone touching both Frosty and Mostert.

And another quality qualifying performance from HRT. :grumpy:
I'd like to see a Reverse Grid for the second race to provide more action with these dull Sprint Races.

I just would like to see the sprint races gone, period. :lol:
 
Last edited:
Seeing all 5 manufacturers up to speed is just great for today.

Seriously, not for nothing.... I can see Penske and BJR running the RCF for 2017. If PRA and Super Black are staying with Ford, I see BJR jumping ship. Penske gets the factory support and BJR get in on it too. If Lexus are in, they're going to want to be with strong outfits.

On another note, the DVS is just crazy. I'm out of breath watching the first lap. :crazy:
 
Last edited:
On another note, the DVS is just crazy. I'm out of breath watching the first lap. :crazy:
They race for keeps there. Don't think thete was a car from 2nd and below that wasn't in the wars.

Apparently if PRA win Race 3 in the main game, it will be the first time that a team has clean sweeped all the poles and wins across the two series'.
 
I'm hoping the #17 at least finishes where he started.
 
Way better racing with different tyre strategies
 
Rick Kelly has a Wheel Nut drama. He now has to double stint his left rear. That's not the only nut drama he has though... :sly:
 
I would have loved to see the Touring Car Masters this weekend, John Bowe switched to an SL/R 5000 and won all 3 races. No Holden has ever really had a top level driver in this category, but thanks to Foxtel'$ right$ ownership I'll see nothing.:(
 
Mostert came way too close too many times to turning Lowndes around. Especially when he attempted the bump and run.
 
Coulthard gained so much ground as he was holding up Mostert. Mostert didn't want to slow up too much and take Lowndes out.
 
I'd love a Safety Car right about now to spice things up...
 
MOSTERT CRASHES!

Up on the barrier beached, not much damage, he is all good. Strange.
 
Mostert dropped a wheel into the dirt and spun himself.
 
If lowneds wins this.....
I'll be happy. I don't want a complete PRA clean sweep of races and poles in both categories.
 
RBRA were nowhere and look at this. Mostert moving but geez. Hey, I'm glad the #17 ain't last.
 
Will Davison missed the call to pit. Team Radio is apparently broken.

Winterbottom into the lead.
 
HRT doing alright this time. Pye should have just been a little more patient.
 
Pye goes deep and gives Tander a big hit. Pye readresses the pass. All is good.

Another Safety Car would be nice... it'll make the end interesting.

Winterbottom's tyres look to be going.
 
Last edited:
Look like ball has been dropped by PRA. Chaz' car was better on its tyres. Oh well. Caruso looks good to get past Pye and Tander.
 
Oh well. Caruso looks good to get past Pye and Tander.
And he has. Lowndes looks to be falling off. Coulthard needs to get around Winterbottom.

Winterbottom has the race won. Coulthard has fallen off and so has Lowndes.

Winterbottom has won. Coulthard second, Lowndes third.

First time ever that one team has clean swept all poles and wins in both categories.
 
Last edited:
Was hoping for another safety car there at the end so Caruso could make it interesting. Oh well, hopefully they can carry that pace into the next round.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back