Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,718 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
He made no sense to argue against the longer race. Saying Fabian was able to come back through the field only because of the safety car. Then so did Mostert to win Bathurst. He didn't want to agree with Lee that a longer race helps the team strategize.
V8SC should listen to the drivers and fans.

Aside from last years fiasco with the surface at Bathurst, the last 5 years I've been the races just aren't long enough, if there was 2 yellow flags or less the race nearly wouldn't worth travelling the distance we do, the grid also needs boosting,
 
The soft tyre, longer races and more cars on the grid. I bet it was possible to do this year since there are no trips across the Pacific.
I didn't take note of lap times for DVS cars at Perth, to see how quick the old cars are. If let's say the top 5 DVS finishers get a main game invite, would thGeolf spec cars show the New Gens weaknesses?
 
The soft tyre, longer races and more cars on the grid. I bet it was possible to do this year since there are no trips across the Pacific.
I didn't take note of lap times for DVS cars at Perth, to see how quick the old cars are. If let's say the top 5 DVS finishers get a main game invite, would thGeolf spec cars show the New Gens weaknesses?

Last year at Bathurst the DVS cars were slower, but only by a second for the quick cars, they hit 300kph more often though where the COTF only does 286-290KPH
 
It'll be interesting how the teams that by the New Gen cars work out who will drive them at Bathurst.
 
From what I understand, it will be for at least a few events and won't just be a one off thing.

Well hopefully the Toshiba higher ups see value in it and commit for the rest of the year. Would be nice to see 3 out of the 4 Nissan's with permanent sponsors.

And on that. Jayco branding for Todd Kelly this weekend.

todd-kelly-jayco-e1431414048978.png


Can Jayco stay for the rest of the year too? Because that livery actually looks really good.
 
Looks professional. It's clean. Make the numbers bigger.
 
Loving all the liveries Nissan has been coming up with. They always look the goods whether its simple or not
 
Yeah this looks good, especially for a white livery.
 
Loving all the liveries Nissan has been coming up with. They always look the goods whether its simple or not

Yeah, I really like what they've done this year. Aside from the Moffat's car at Adelaide, all four cars have looked great.
 
Id like to know when we will see that DJR Penske paint on track,
 
Id like to know when we will see that DJR Penske paint on track,
From the article itself;
Resplendent in the colours of Winton sponsors PPG and Daikin, the #17 Ford was dispatched early from its Queensland workshop in order to be inspected by Prodrive staff on Tuesday.
 
Watching Inside Supercars. I'm not a fan of Skaife and never will be. This guy gets my 👎
I think he's the best driver in ATCC/V8 Supercars history.
 
Big fan of Skaife tbh, whilst some say he was a bit of a winger he had no Tolerence for Dirty drivers and so should he, probably one of the harderst working drivers on the grid in his time.
 
I think he's the best driver in ATCC/V8 Supercars history.

This, is like fingernails on a chalk board to my eyes, there is 53 years worth of drivers that have more skill then he ever will,

@mustafur Skaife was one of the dirtiest drivers on the grid, he said so himself
 
This, is like fingernails on a chalk board to my eyes, there is 53 years worth of drivers that have more skill then he ever will,

@mustafur Skaife was one of the dirtiest drivers on the grid, he said so himself
When was he overly dirty? I watched most of his career and didn't get that impression off him, he certiainly was no Ingall or Morris thats for sure.

Maybe in his last years but i wasn't watching V8s then and he was a shadow of his best after 2004 tbh.
 
Maybe in his last years but i wasn't watching V8s then and he was a shadow of his best after 2004 tbh.

I checked this out of curiosity: Skaife's average race finishing position between 1994 and 2003 - 7.01. The same stat from 2004 to 2008 (his retirement from fulltime driving) - 13.02.

Most interesting is his numbers from 2006, when he scored an equal seasons-best 7 race wins, but with only 9 podiums and a points finish of 16th.
 
After watching tonight's episode of Supercars Life, I have a whole new level of respect for Scott Pye. I mean, what he came from, his level of dedication, a comeback from a near-death experience (driver, who was a mechanic for Scott fell asleep at the wheel coming back from a race, rolled it and on the site Scott was thought to be dead, which he wasn't, but he was flown to Melbourne to with a survival chance of just 10%). I fully understand what he was getting at when talking about money and karting, as I've had to park my career for a year due to money, and I believe anyone who makes it over in Europe from Australia deserves respect, especially considering how much money they need to outlay just for a season.

What did I learn about Whincup... he's a show-off when the cameras are on him and it's hilarious to see him fail on a jet-ski when his enormous ego gets ahead of him. :rolleyes:
 
I checked this out of curiosity: Skaife's average race finishing position between 1994 and 2003 - 7.01. The same stat from 2004 to 2008 (his retirement from fulltime driving) - 13.02.

Most interesting is his numbers from 2006, when he scored an equal seasons-best 7 race wins, but with only 9 podiums and a points finish of 16th.
Makes sense as in the mid to late 90s he was driving seriously uncompetitive gibson motorsport Commodores.


Good watch: (other parts are next to video).
 
Last edited:
When was he overly dirty? I watched most of his career and didn't get that impression off him, he certiainly was no Ingall or Morris thats for sure.

Maybe in his last years but i wasn't watching V8s then and he was a shadow of his best after 2004 tbh.

The second ever clipsal weekend, was penalized for something and sent to the rear for race 2, slammed bumped and bammed his way to a win,

Calder 96? What ever race he quoted in that video you posted just above,

Ingall, I've seen him be on the receiving end of just horrible luck, though his first Bathurst win he drove absolutely stellar, and his championship year was bloody good driving,

Paul Morris wasn't dirty, he's dopey, and thankfully out so far this year,
 
Caruso's Nissan looks like a sports car in that livery on Foxtel HD. 👍 The #17 looks so crisp as well. I'll give a nod to Holdsworth's car. Looks fresh but, they spelled "EBBRO" wrong. :sly:

I can't wait to see what body styles are presented for 2017.
 
Another fantastic interview by Fox Sports and Mark Skaife with Craig Lowndes. Top stuff. 👍

Looking forwards to today's racing. Hopefully it'll be less of a 'follow-the-leader' situation like it was in Perth.
 
Hopefully it'll be less of a 'follow-the-leader' situation like it was in Perth.

Hopefully so. 👍 Fingers crossed too that McLaughlin actually gets through today's races without any mechanical dramas. He's had more than enough those so far this year. :crazy:
 
Ok, Scotty should really not be penalized for that off. The track conditions right now are horrible, they are literally going to spend half the 10 minute qualifying session trying to clean the kitty litter off the track. Horrible. 👎

Edit: For once I agree with Roland Dane.
 
Looks like Scott McLaughlin is in for another long weekend again.
 
Can't believe they started that session. The track condition is pathetic. I actually agree with Roland Dane for once.

The session should be restarted and all times reset and Mclaughlin should be able to come out again. He shouldn't be penalised due to an incompetent Touring Car Master car that's dumped oil everywhere.

Mostert has pole with Caruso in second. Reynolds 3rd and Winterbottom 4th.

This will be an awesome start.
 
Last edited:
Good session for Nissan. This should be interesting. 👍

Edit: Mostert got a parking ticket. :lol:
 
Nice result for Nissan, happy to see Caruso up there. 👍 But HRT. Ugh. :indiff: Hopefully qualifying #2 goes much better for them.
an't believe they started that session. The track condition is pathetic.

Things like this really make the series look second rate. Absolute joke. 👎
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back