Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,718 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostert has pole followed by Winterbottom amd then Reynolds. Rick Kelly in 4th. Whingecup in 6th.
 
PRA on a roll lately. Nissan appears to have good speed this weekend, which is good to see.
 
PRA 1-2-3 is ominous.

And HRT outside the top ten again. :indiff:
 
Those F1000's! :eek:

By far the best noise I've heard on a V8 weekend this year.
 
I can just imagine Lexus on the grid. I'm hyped for this race. Caruso needs a good start and hold off the FG Xs. If he wins and I hope he does, just to shut up all the folks about the jungle juice.
 
Man, Caruso's car looks so good!
I came here just to say the same thing. the preview earlier in the week didn't show off those silver accents which really help make the livery. It looks great.

Do we really need to see Murphy talking to people? There's been an almost constant split screen for a few laps now.:banghead:
 
Not a whole lot of passing going on.
 
The track is too narrow and not enough flowing corners. When they go to NT, it's a similar track just longer straights with higher speed. There's only one racing line the whole way around.
 
Mostert takes his first win since Bathurst. A fairly boring race. Not much passing for reasons already explained.
 
Uneventful, but great for Mostert. He's really growing this season, it would be great to see him as a title threat by the end of the season.
 
Geez, the DVS drivers are all over the place.
on a side note: the safety car driver and passenger should be in racing gear.
 
A fairly boring race.

Fairly boring is an understatement imo. They could have shown a test patten instead of the highlights and it would have been just as interesting. Still great for Mostert and happy to see Percat score another top ten.

Edit: :grumpy:
 
I think Nissan said screw Sunday, let's get a win today!
 
That wasn't a very Bright move. :sly:

EDIT- Yeah, that was a terrible play on words.

In other news; The award for most awkward interview goes to Greg Murphy after interviewing James Courtney and Garth Tander after their clash on the first lap.

Cameras followed Tander into the garage who rather indiscretely rejected Courtney's hand shake and apology.
 
Last edited:
Good stuff for Nissan (except the Moffat incident) hopefully they can keep it up tomorrow. Qualifying is key here, you don't start at the front, you pretty much go nowhere. And with that, qualifying is more exciting than the racing. :p
 
We have to hope Moffat qualifies top 5 as he'll have the best tyres tomorrow.
 
You know, with this new lack of free to air agreement, my interest in this series has dwindled to almost nothing. I didn't even know there was a round on this weekend. I am sure it's the same with other non-diehard V8SC fans. I hope the extra slice of revenue the teams are getting makes up for the potentially smaller viewership base :indiff:.
 
Last edited:
What's bad is, the coverage is good. No ads through the races. Coverage from morning to evening. Looks good in HD and I can choose which in car cameras to watch out of 4 preselected drivers. True, it means nothing to anyone if the races are few and far between. Makes no sense to get rights to broadcast a major series and not treat it as a premiere.

Its funny, we can watch a ball game on the same field or stadium each week. Different teams bit, at the same venues all year. V8SC as a local series should be run at each track at least twice. NASCAR do it with long and short races throughout the year. I'd think it would work here.
 
That's why I find nascar pointless to watch, America has so many more facilities to go to that its sad to see 15 circuits ran twice,

I was never a fan of the sprint races in V8SC and even less of a fan now, but at circuits like Phillip Island where the pit lane isn't wide enough to do it i understand the reasoning behind it,

The 2 part races are also silly, win leg 1, still not an actual win, I don't get it!
 
Its funny, we can watch a ball game on the same field or stadium each week. Different teams bit, at the same venues all year. V8SC as a local series should be run at each track at least twice. NASCAR do it with long and short races throughout the year. I'd think it would work here.
Nooooo, don't do that. That is one of the things I hate about NASCAR is the dual races in a season at the same track.
 
I don't see Warburton shortening the season like Super GT or Blancpain with making Supercars an Endurance C'hip. Trust, I'd love the series to be a big Pirtek Enduro Cup from Adelaide to Homebush. I can't see that happening. And if he keeps talking about costs and excitment, PI, Mount Panorama, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Townsville, SMP and Sky City are the best circuits on the calendar. If it were only these circuits with 300-400km races, it would be a good series.
 
I don't see Warburton shortening the season like Super GT or Blancpain with making Supercars an Endurance C'hip. Trust, I'd love the series to be a big Pirtek Enduro Cup from Adelaide to Homebush. I can't see that happening. And if he keeps talking about costs and excitment, PI, Mount Panorama, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Townsville, SMP and Sky City are the best circuits on the calendar. If it were only these circuits with 300-400km races, it would be a good series.
Replace Gold Coast with Sandown
 
Top 10 finishes are not "struggles". The man is too used to winning every weekend. If he wants to know what the word "struggle" means, he should talk to the teams that finish 15+ every weekend.
 
Replace Gold Coast with Sandown

I like Sandown but it seems like follow the leader at times. Gold coast has lots of passing and mishaps. The final corners at GC have always been more exciting than the final corners at Sandown.

Bland as the racing may be, there is one potential positive to come out of it - Jamie Whincup reckons Red Bull have a long road to recovery ahead of them:

http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/05/17/whincup-no-quick-fix-for-red-bull-struggles/

If only this could mimic the F1 team the next couple years.
 
Top 10 finishes are not "struggles". The man is too used to winning every weekend. If he wants to know what the word "struggle" means, he should talk to the teams that finish 15+ every weekend.

Discuss "struggling" not having any car speed, David Wall can be found at Volvo GRM.

Discuss "struggling" keeping the car upright, Brad Jones can be found at BJR,

Discuss "struggling" avoiding bankruptcy, Dick Johnson can be found at DJR Penske,

Just people of note for Whingecup to discuss"struggling" with,

As @R1600Turbo said, top 10 isn't struggling. He's not slowed down, everyone has caught up,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back