Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,727 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidden Valley next. Another long break between races. I believe it's 4 weeks?
 
Darwin will be telling with that long straight. Definitely too long.
 
Hidden Valley next. Another long break between races. I believe it's 4 weeks?

Yeah, 4 and a half weeks or something stupid like that.

Anyhoo congrats to the PRA guys, very well deserved, they were dominate all weekend (Mostert has got to be kicking himself though, that one little mistake and he was in the tyre wall :crazy:) and great effort by HRT to get both cars in the top ten after that awful qualifying performance. Nice to see Nissan up there all weekend too. 👍
 
I've got the highlights on while waiting for the A-League kick-off, and just saw the Tander-Pye incident. I have a suggestion for a new rule: anyone who sticks their elbows out while passing Tander gets a free pass. He's been doing it to everyone else for years.
 
Tell you if Whincup was using the word "struggling" after his 9th and 6th place results yesterday. Wonder how he is doing after finishing 10th today? Poor guy is probably inconsolable. :sly:

On a serious note, could not believe that Lowndes and both HRT cars were able to look after their soft tyres for so long. Thought there was no possible way that they would be able to make it to the end on their (albeit slightly) used soft tyres after the safety car was dispatched. :crazy:
 
Tell you if Whincup was using the word "struggling" after his 9th and 6th place results yesterday. Wonder how he is doing after finishing 10th today? Poor guy is probably inconsolable. :sly:
Distraught and ruined come to mind. :sly:

I hope he stays down there. Forever.
 
I hope he stays down there. Forever.

Forever is probably a little much. Definitely a nice change to see him "struggling" towards the bottom end of the top ten though.
 
Good for the sport, wouldn't be soo bad though if Whincup had an ounce of Charisma.
 
Good for the sport, wouldn't be soo bad though if Whincup had an ounce of Charisma.
And if he could own up for his mistakes and at least look or sound genuine when doing it, that'd be great.
 
And if he could own up for his mistakes and at least look or sound genuine when doing it, that'd be great.
To be fair though, Roland Dane makes him look much worse as if he is Darth Vader and Dane the Emperor.
 
Dane DOES look like Palpatine though.
 
Make it hapeen!
http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/05/18/government-cash-pledge-for-tailem-bend/

204TAILEMBEND.jpg


 
Last edited:
I'm south Australian, but I kind of don't want this to go ahead, Tailem Bend is 100km out of Adelaide, it may as well be on the moon, we have Adelaide international Raceway and Mallala already and both of those are in desperate need of a face lift, both of those have loads of space for expansion, and both are a lot closer to Adelaide,
You know how it goes when circuits are too close to suburbia though; people complain and either the circuit gets given noise constraints or is closed down completely.

It is a fair drive, but the prospect of having a (potentially) world class motorsport facility right at our doorstep is still pretty exciting to me.

I also wonder if we'll see more national series' visit SA since the circuit is just that little bit closer to the NSW and VIC boarders. I doubt it, but I can always dream.

Also also, the circuit itself needs more straights. The full circuit layout looks a little too fiddly.
 
The fact Oran Park was removed in the first place to build houses is proof enough how important it is to make circuits clear away from Cities.

And Oran park was miles away from Suburban Sydney when it first was made, and even now its on the outer edge of what would still be classed as Sydney.
 
The fact Oran Park was removed in this first place to build houses is proof enough how important it is to make circuits clear away from Cities.

And Oran park was miles away from Suburban Sydney when it first was made, and even now its on the outer edge of what would still be classed as Sydney.

Wasn't Oran Park worth more as property then a circuit?

It will be good for the state no doubt, but it should be closer to Adelaide,
 
Wasn't Oran Park worth more as property then a circuit?

It will be good for the state no doubt, but it should be closer to Adelaide,
Yes, because Sydney property prices are insanely high, and it was sitting right in the middle of a huge housing expansion zone in the South West.

100km is fair game I would say, almost the distance of the Outer suburbs of Sydney from the Sydney CBD.

A track that far can survive for for atleast 100 years with regular maintenance without much threat of being developed on, and due to location could possibly hold night races without needing to adhere to cerfews.
 
Last edited:
The circuit should get FiA approval as well. If this is the case, GT3 cars should get a crack. F4, Superbikes, Carrera Cup, etc.
 
In the comments of that post, it says something about a circuit being built in Toowoomba, not seen anything on that,
Yeah, there are plans, but they had to be put on hold because of the election of the Palaczczuk government.
 
Well Reynolds was kind of heated against Tander in a post race interview. Well see how he and and Garth go tonight.
 
Welp, even with Reynolds speaking his mind, Gander has a point. BUT, the expletives were bleeped out so, I don't see little Scarlet being traumatised by that coverage.
 
Welp, even with Reynolds speaking his mind, Gander has a point. BUT, the expletives were bleeped out so, I don't see little Scarlet being traumatised by that coverage.
Even then, Tander has done exactly that (what Reynolds said/did) before. I think it's great having that sort of agro in a series. In a world that's growing ever so more politically correct, we need that sort of stuff to happen more often. For example, I don't watch a game of footy to see them hug each other and say sorry and hold hands and all that. I watch it to see rivalries and raw emotion.

As long as they don't make themselves look like a tool, then I have no problem with it. Just my opinion.
 
I agree. We get to see how passionate the drivers are and their demeanor on the track and on camera. What they do off camera is their business.
 
From what I have seen the last few years that I have watched V8's is that there are a few drivers out there, Reynolds one of them, that get pushed around a lot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back