Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,858 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that escalated quickly. Red Bull's featured heavily in the incidents.

Coulthard has heavy damage to his left side. Safety Car called for a fire at Turn 1.
 
Well, this round is off to a hot start.
 
New chasis too for Coulthard. And RBRA is trying to blame Coulthard.

David Wall the biggest gainer with 13 positions gained.

Lots of bumping and barging throughout the field.
 
Last edited:
Damn, this is good stuff.
Best racing all year, may look sloppy, but it's better than the other garbage.

Safety Car out, another fire.
 
Alright, just get rid of the grass already. :lol:
 
Yeah, they need to get some tarmac/gravel run off out there to avoid these grass fires. Then perhaps wet the grass before each race in areas where cars are less likely to leave the track.
 
SVG and Courtney!
 
Ford 1-2, Nissan 3-4-5.

Doesn't get much better than this. :D
 
What the hell was Courtney doing there!?
 
I was worried this small track would be hard to pass on as usual, but man just total craziness all over.
What the hell was Courtney doing there!?
I think Rick was slow to get going on that start and Courtney got up along side him but let off down the straight for fear of getting a penalty and that just caused mayhem.
 
A bit of a chain reaction. Courtney got swamped on the start trying to do the right thing, couldn't see SVG in the background and cut in front trying to get a line into the first corner.

Very eventful race. Probably the best of the season.
 
A bit of a chain reaction. Courtney got swamped on the start trying to do the right thing, couldn't see SVG in the background and cut in front trying to get a line into the first corner.

Yeah, that looks to be what happened. Aside from maybe being too eager getting on the throttle, can't fault JC too much there. Just one big mess really.
Probably the best of the season.

Probably. 👍 But personally, I would have enjoyed it a lot more if both HRT cars didn't run into each other (again) right at the end. Flipping hell! :lol: :indiff:
 
Last edited:
Everybody's favourite racing series, the Aussie Racing Cars, are up on track next, followed by the final V8 race of the day.
 
I think all racing circuits around Australia need a hand full of Aussie Racing Cars on hand for the general public to enjoy. I'd love to drive one of those little things.
 
Little different because they're on soft tyres for this one. But I think Rick has the car pace to match it with Chaz.
 
I think all racing circuits around Australia need a hand full of Aussie Racing Cars on hand for the general public to enjoy. I'd love to drive one of those little things.
Definitely. They look to be the main attraction for most fans at certain events.

Little different because they're on soft tyres for this one. But I think Rick has the car pace to match it with Chaz.
Hopefully Rick will win, but I can't see Ford losing out against a Nissan in race trim.

Rick just needs to get a good start if he wants to win and control the race, putting the car in the right places, if he can do that, he may be in for a chance to win.

--

And as I say that, Rick and Coulthard collide. Lowndes leads, Whincup is collected by Heimgartner, Percat and Coulthard cursing on the radio. Lots of carnage.
 
Haha, I was thinking they would tame things down for this race.
 
Haha, I was thinking they would tame things down for this race.

Same. :lol:

Poor Coulthard just can't take a trick today.
 
Haha, I was thinking they would tame things down for this race.
Yeah I was ready for a bit of a snoozefest after apparently 12 cars being investigated in Race 1, I thought that would calm things down. I was wrong. It's been a lot more eventful.

---
Go Percat!!!! Tell them!
 
Shame for Rick, cold tired, cold brakes, dirty side of the track there was no way he was going to whoa that thing down with SVG right on his behind.
 
Shame for Rick, cold tired, cold brakes, dirty side of the track there was no way he was going to whoa that thing down with SVG right on his behind.
Well, Rick just got a PLP to add to his woes.
 
Yeah that's total BS.
Yup. Talk about inconsistency.

Great move by Pye on Caruso. Pulled it up well.

Wall and Wood collide, big damage to the front of Wood's car. Ash Walsh turns Will Davison around.
 
Another good run for GT to get into the top ten. Fingers crossed Slade can hold onto a podium finish.
 
Another good run for GT to get into the top ten. Fingers crossed Slade can hold onto a podium finish.
Slade is battling hard, he might just hang on.

Great racing so far. Without a doubt the best day of racing so far this year for the V8's.
 
Pye could grab a podium, he's reeling Mostert in. C'mon Pye!

Lowndes out in front, the first time Fox Sports doesn't advertise him going for his 100th win, he may just get it.

Big day in the history of V8's, Lowndes grabs his 100th win!! What a race!
 
Good one for Lowndes. We've witnessed history.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back