Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,740 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I need Foxtel. Can't believe it has gotten to the point it can't be seen on free to air.
 
Mid-Season Report Card
Winterbottom:
Skaife- A+ // Ingall- A+

Lowndes:
Skaife- A // Ingall- A

Mostert:
Skaife- A // Ingall- A

Reynolds:
Skaife- A- // Ingall- A-

Courtney:
Skaife- B+ // Ingall- B

Coulthard:
Skaife- A- // Ingall- A

Whincup:
Skaife- B- // Ingall- B-

Tander:
Skaife- B- // Ingall- B

Van Gisbergen:
Skaife- B- // Ingall- B-

R. Kelly:
Skaife- B // Ingall- B+
Mid-Season Report Card updated.
 
Can't believe it has gotten to the point it can't be seen on free to air.
They're doing half and half, a la Formula 1. Only the marquee events are being shown live; everything else is being condensed down into a one-hour highlights reel. Today's race isn't being shown until 4:00pm AEST on free-to-air.
 
Dirty lap by Courtney
 
Whincup lets Lowndes through.
 
Jaime, Lowndes is faster then you.
 
Heimgartners been copping it all weekend.
 
Erhmm... say what, Crompo?! That was a bit of a blooper
 
Davison should have come in with Frosty.
 
HRT and Percat looking good.

Blanchard needs to go. He still finds a way to clash with someone at the back... All the time.
 
Last edited:
The whole on-board selection thing is quite nice. I would like to see an option to have commentary running with it, though.
 
Too many interviews....................................
 
Too many interviews....................................
I agree, and also, why can't they have a rolling race standing across the bottom or top like NASCAR does, instead of taking it away and putting it on for short periods of time.
 
Todd has a tanty, and FOX make the baffling decision to keep the radio line open when the conversation is sweary.
 
Todd is not happy :lol:

Seriously though, thats rough with 2 to go.
 
Todd has a tanty, and FOX make the baffling decision to keep the radio line open when the conversation is sweary.

This is Australian tv. I love it! North America would have pixeled the helmet and about 15 bleeps. :sly:
 
Todd has a tanty, and FOX make the baffling decision to keep the radio line open when the conversation is sweary.
That wasn't the radio line, that was him just screaming in the car and the on-board camera picking it up. But I agree, even after they apologized for the language they decided to stick with that camera view.
 
Speaking of Nissan, I wonder where Moffat would have finished had he not goofed the start and lost 6 spots.

In all honesty, I think the Kelly's are biting off more than they can chew with 4 cars. The team needs to scale back to 2 cars and let some other teams give the Nissan a go.
 
Nice run for both HRT cars after a disappointing qualifying. Now only if they would take Murphy's advice and start further up. :lol:
 
Moffat 👍

Reynolds 👍

Davison 👍
 
Kelly losing it was the highlight, surprised and amazed that they didn't cut away after he repeatedly dropped the F bomb. I don't think I've ever seen a driver go that nuts....

Good to see 888 on the 2nd row of the grid today and showing genuine car speed, hopefully we see many more PRA vs 888 battles this season. Not sure if I want Lowndes or Winterbottom to win more, I like Lowndes but I would prefer a team other than 888 win the title.
 
PRA look set to win the TC with three of the 4 PRA cars finishing at the top. But... there are still 2000pts till the last race.

On to the KL City GP in a few days. Well, I've been through the Foxtel schedule up to 9/8/15 and no broadcast of the KL City GP. I hope there is something to help us see it.
 
Last edited:
Ah, the gift that keeps on giving...
 
My favourite V8 Supercars photo

917487-804a1b32-5bb1-11e3-8eb9-1c57f26bd260.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back