Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,384 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought i'd post the onboard video of the Besnard car from the L&H 500. It was the McConville accident and it was very close. Thought it'd be worth posting so you can see how close it was incase you missed V8XTRA a few weeks back.

 
Woooh! that was close...:crazy:
 
I think Bathurst GP sounds just fine.
Wait, you mean like have the actual Austrailian Grand Prix there, or just have "Bathurst GP" as the name of the circuit?

I'm pretty sure you mean the latter, but you know ... I could actually see this new Bathurst layout playing host to the Australian Grand Prix, even if the town itself is difficult to access by Formula One standards. The great thing about Bathurst is that the residents get that Mount Panorama is a huge part of Australian sporting culture. I mean, people in Belgium protested against Spa-Francorchamps because they didn't like the noise, and Spa is older than Bathurst. But Bathurstians seem to not simply understand it, but want even more of it. I'm sure they'd be open to the greatest drivers in the world running on their circuit, even if it was a slightly watered-down version of it. And if you could somehow get a double-header with the Australian Grand Prix one weekend and the Bathurst 1000 the next, it would minimise the noise for the naysayers.

However, I digress.
 
On that McConville crash, Nice vision by the driver to spot it, Cam is a lucky boy.
 
ok that vid show's Besnard's accelerating then braking on the two bars. Would'nt you expect that braking bar to be maxed out with red? It doesn't look like he braked at all almost
 
I'm sure that short in-car video doesn't do the decision making process required by the driver justice.:)
 
Amidst all the Bathurst hype, the fact dawns too now that Davison is less than 100 points away from Whincup.:cheers:
 
0.004 seconds.... My gosh :O Murphy so close to a podium
 
Amidst all the Bathurst hype, the fact dawns too now that Davison is less than 100 points away from Whincup.:cheers:
There's still plenty of opportunities for Davison to bin it and lose the title. Whincup, too. But Whincup is defending a title, which is generally considered to be easier than fighting for one, especially when you haven't won any.
 
There's still plenty of opportunities for Davison to bin it and lose the title. Whincup, too. But Whincup is defending a title, which is generally considered to be easier than fighting for one, especially when you haven't won any.

Yes, but less than 100 points is a lot easier to obtain than 200 points. It's made it a lot easier to be in with a very real chance.
 
I heard that Holden won 1-2-3 at Bathurst, then the top Ford finished 5th. Has to be a feel good weekend for the red lion (Holden) boys...
 
Yes, but less than 100 points is a lot easier to obtain than 200 points. It's made it a lot easier to be in with a very real chance.
There's still eight races left, I think. Certainly four rounds; I'm guessing they all have two races each. That means there's still twelve hundred points on offer; there is a long way to go just yet. And while Davison might be within a hundred points, I don't think it's really that impressive because he only took eighty out of Whincup's lead at Bathurst. It's not like he halved the distance between them.

And I still don't see what you're getting so worked up about: chances are pretty good that a Holden will have the number one next season.
 
interludes
There's still eight races left, I think. Certainly four rounds; I'm guessing they all have two races each.

Yup! and here they are...:)

22-25 Oct,Super GP- Round 19-20

7-8 November,The Island- Round 21-22

20-22 November,BigPond 300- Round 23-24

4-6 December,Sydney Testra 500- Round 25-26
 
There's still eight races left, I think. Certainly four rounds; I'm guessing they all have two races each. That means there's still twelve hundred points on offer; there is a long way to go just yet. And while Davison might be within a hundred points, I don't think it's really that impressive because he only took eighty out of Whincup's lead at Bathurst. It's not like he halved the distance between them.

And I still don't see what you're getting so worked up about: chances are pretty good that a Holden will have the number one next season.

Me getting worked up? I think you're entirely missing the point of my posts.:confused:
 
And I still don't see what you're getting so worked up about: chances are pretty good that a Holden will have the number one next season.


Jim Beam and FPR would have to step up there game x's 2 if they want to win the championship since they'll be the lone front running Fords out there.



Is any other team making a manufacturer change? or is it just Team Vodaphone?
 
The Surfers' Paradise A1GP race has been cancelled, with the V8 Supercars changing their program. Instead of two 200km races, they'll be expanding to four 150km races.
 
What?! Are all 4 going to be points scoring? 300 points divided into 4 or something for winning?
 
There's no word yet, but I'd say they'd all be points-scoring, and they'd all be of equal value. There may well be six hundred on offer.
 
All I can say is this.... Awesome. I wonder how the qualifying format is going to work for the other races... Could we see... return of reverse grid?! Now that would be super awesome!!! :sly: While we are at it, rename the race the Nikon 600 at The Gold Coast. :sly: --- Randy
 
Last edited:
Reverse grids? No thanks.

I think they'll just work it as they usually do.
 
Reverse grids? No thanks.

I think they'll just work it as they usually do.

Ah. That could be interesting. After thinking about it, reverse grids would be a badidea especially at Surfer's Paradise. It would be like adding K1 to already a fire started by gasoline.... not a good idea. Ruined sheet metal and pride anyone? --- Randy
 
Just when you thought the Enduros were over. :trouble:
 
Great racing, today, very tough for the drivers. Quite a few crashes too.

Winners below.(I hate it when I miss it and people spoil it for me)
Frosty wins race 1 and Tander wins race 2.
 
Holden fans have a lot to be proud of in HRT right now.👍 I'm glad that Whincup's mis-fortune came only from Ford drivers pretty much, so we can't be accused of anything.
Frosty bunches up field on restart causing overlap
Whincup tries daring overtake that fell flat
Whincup and Bright collide
Only Ford's fault.
Qualifying tomorrow will mean a lot.
 
Holden fans have a lot to be proud of in HRT right now.👍 I'm glad that Whincup's mis-fortune came only from Ford drivers pretty much
You can still be accused of unsporting behaviour if you go rubbing Ford fans' noses in it.
 
You can still be accused of unsporting behaviour if you go rubbing Ford fans' noses in it.

Rubbing your nose in it? Hardly. Telling the truth? Sure!


Edit: Well, leg 1 of race 20 was just mental. Even though it has helped our championship, I can't help but feel sorry for Whincup crashing like that. Luckily for him then I guess that Davison had his problems too. There you go fellas, our 2 top championship contenders can't even get inside the top 20.:ouch: A great run from Tander too, 11th to 3rd, and poor old Bargs, to have an issue like that after getting pole for the first time in 10yrs.:nervous:
 
Last edited:
Why bother with a standing start if they are going to go with a safety car, if they have to cut the first chicane. I can't believe they came to this solution. I'm embarrased to have this broadcast across the motorsport world.👎
 
Agreed, the only thing they've done right today is black flag Lowndes for his mistakes that ruined Ingall's race.

Edit: Well a massive cudos to Winterbottom this weekend, rock solid faultless performance and he did it all while struggling with glandular fever, what a performance indeed.:cheers: I think Bargs will be out for Whincup blood now, that's 2 rounds in a row. I don't know why they decided to leave it until after the race to evaluate Whincup's move whether it was dirty or not, a drive-through penalty is more devastating to a driver than a cash fine. Good job Tander also, he stumbled in qualifying Sunday morning but was on the money in every race.👍 It kind of really brings Tander back in to the championship picture again now.

Edit 2: Pfft, there's even more controversy over this weekend than what was on TV. Apparently drivers and team owners were getting parking fines slapped on their vehicles despite having a secure and allocated parking space, Holdsworth was fined for "inapproriate clothing" in the driver introductions despite not really being inappropriate and who knows what else will come out? The Gold Coast city council and even organisers, as well as the officials, need to take a long hard look at themselves, because whether the A1GP came or not, this weekend was a complete fail for V8 Supercars.:irked:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back