Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,387 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
After QR it looks like car#1 is marching towards the title after race one gave him a Gimme with the other championship rivals all retiring during race one, one question comes to mind. When will Jamie Whincup have his bad day?
Don't you mean, "When will Whincup have a hiccup"?:D

Next up, the Enduro season with the LM 500 at Phillip Island a.k.a. the dress rehearsal for Bathurst. ;)
 
It's only 1pt between Tander and Lowndes now. It will be interesting to see if Davison can take down Whincup and who between Tander and Lowndes will get 3rd (although Steven Johnson is an outside chance).

I fixed your spelling mistake :sly:.


You can always count on Queensland Raceway to give exciting races. And then throw in the sprint tyre and you get excitement plus.

Well done for Ingall getting third (even if he is a holden driver).
 
Heh heh, heard a funny new meaning for the word FORD today I think Holden and Ford fans alike should get a chuckle out of.
F:censored:
Off
Roland
Dane
 
Heh heh, heard a funny new meaning for the word FORD today I think Holden and Ford fans alike should get a chuckle out of.
F:censored:
Off
Roland
Dane

Haha:lol: Love it... There are a few for Ford that I won't name as i'm sure you all know them.;)
 
Haha:lol: Love it... There are a few for Ford that I won't name as i'm sure you all know them.;)

Yeah but all the others will be disliked by either Holden or Ford fans, this is the only one I've ever seen we should both get a laugh out of.:D
 
Yeah but all the others will be disliked by either Holden or Ford fans, this is the only one I've ever seen we should both get a laugh out of.:D

Yeah, correct which is why I won't say them. But that Roland Dane one is funny and also not that offensive.👍
 
Heh heh, heard a funny new meaning for the word FORD today I think Holden and Ford fans alike should get a chuckle out of.
F:censored:
Off
Roland
Dane

I actually had a chuckle at that one. One of the best comments this year.
 
This just in: sixteen races in 2010.
V8SA confirms 16th event

The V8 Supercar Championship Series will extend its season to 16 events in 2010, the most annual race weekends in the history of the sport.

With the 2010 calendar announcement pending at the L&H 500 at Phillip Island in Victoria this weekend, Executive Chairman Tony Cochrane revealed there will be an added event in 2010.

“Once again V8 Supercars is defying global economic trends by getting bigger, not smaller,” Mr Cochrane said.

“This is a time of incredible growth and boom conditions for V8 Supercars. We continue to add new events, secure new sponsors and have current partners either adding to or extending their current arrangements.

“With new international television opportunities to be announced in October, a record year pending with live crowds and strong increases in all our sectors we have never seen growth in our sport and business like this.

“We are proud to say that while some motorsport categories around the world are reducing the number of events, and in some cases entries, that we are still expanding – we are a great Australian iconic sport.”

The 2010 calendar is in its final draft stages prior to release this weekend.
Anyone want to guess where they're going? I'm pretty sure we've dried up our supply of circuits, unless the new Eastern Creek is done in time. So I'm guessing it might be another international event. A return to Shanghai? Or maybe expanding to Sepang, Abu Dhabi or even Suzuka?
 
My money would be on Abu Dhabi, As Bahrain is very popular, and both makes are trying very hard to get a good share in the middle east.
 
Yeah, I'm going to have to say Abu Dhabi too. It's been rumoured that the V8s would be going there for a few months now. If the V8s do turn up in Abu Dhabi, I'm afraid they'd probably end up running a short circuit, like they do in Bahrain and as they did in Shanghai.
 
Yeah, but you can't rightly expect the to run the full distance; I don't think it would be practical. Besides, the first half of the circuit looks like it would be better for the V8s, especially if the reports of the "reverse Eau Rouge" are true.

I don't rightly care right now. I'm still peeved that Team Vodafone are defecting to Holden. We're going to be back in the situation where only one brand can win anything, and it's going to royally suck. The grid should be half blue and half red, and the Powers That Be should try and keep that balance of power in check.
 
I thought this was pretty neat. Good luck to him.

While an expert of the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit on two wheels, Troy Bayliss will become a rookie all over again this weekend when the multiple World Superbike Champion gets behind the wheel of a Paul Morris Motorsports prepared Commodore with Dean Fiore at the first endurance race of the 2009 V8 Supercar Championship Series, the L&H 500.

Since claiming his third World Superbike Championship less than a year ago, Bayliss has made the successful transition from two to four wheels with test days completed with TeamVodafone, Jack Daniel's Racing and Paul Morris Motorsports. Bayliss then accepted an invitation to join Fiore for the L&H 500 at Phillip Island and the Supercheap Auto 1000 at Bathurst’s iconic, Mount Panorama.
 
If he's joined Fiore, I think he's going to need it.

I was going to say that but since I don't post here often, i didn't want to stir any hornet's nests. :crazy:
 
Honestly, I have no idea why Fiore is still there. I've been expecting the annoucement that the Powers That Be have revoked his team's racing licence - much the same as they did with IntaBet - to come for weeks.
 
I would love to see the V8's go back to Eastern Creek, but the issue there is that NO-ONE goes. When we went in 2008, there was probably about 10,000 people there at the most. That is an appauling crowd considering how massive the Series is....:( I think the ONLY way to get the V8's back there is to upgrade the track and from what i've heard, that probably won't happen.

So I think they'll go to Abu Dhabi as well...

Just a bit of word on Oran Park as well. There have been many rumours about a possible new race track that Tony Perich will make. Apparently they had a site and the plans were put through and ready to go...But then it all got too hard with the government, council etc and then they aborted the plans.:( Very disappointing that Oran Park will not be replaced with a new track.:(
 
What a bummer. Poor Oran Park can't even get a replacement.
 
I thought this was pretty neat. Good luck to him.

I did see Bayliss in the 2008 Race of Champions last night on ONE. He was out in the first round mind you.

Good luck, It's great to see another two wheel rider come to the V8's. Because Gardner was just funny.
 
I would love to see the V8's go back to Eastern Creek, but the issue there is that NO-ONE goes. When we went in 2008, there was probably about 10,000 people there at the most. That is an appauling crowd considering how massive the Series is....:( I think the ONLY way to get the V8's back there is to upgrade the track and from what i've heard, that probably won't happen.
I think they're actually looking to rebuild the Creek, including changing the direction it runs in. I believe the intention is for it to look this:

easternCreek_01_m_m.jpg


They had a view to snatching the Australian Grand Prix away from Albert Park; personally, I don't think they stood a chance because it looks like soulless chicanery, but since the V8s are very different beasts, it could be good for them.
 
As for what the weather forecast for the L&H 500 weekend at Phillip Island will be, AccuWeather.com via the nearby town of Rhyll calls it this way...
Friday: Breezy and pleasant with clouds and sun. Winds from the N at 19 mph. High: 69°F
Saturday: Sun and clouds, breezy and mild. Winds from the N at 18 mph. High: 69°F
Sunday: Mild with periods of rain. Winds from the NW at 10 mph. High: 70°F​
 
At least according to an rFactor download for Yas Island, this course looks fantastic. Bahrain is a very exciting course. This Yas Island course looks to be equally promising. The Australian V8 Supercars makes great engine music, so imagine the roar of those Holdens and Fords at Yas Island!
 
looks as if it could be a repeat of last years 500 with the chaos causing showers and hopefully another holden victory only with the all star team #51
 
I hope HRT take it out, with #51 in 2nd and Nathan Pretty in 3rd.:sly: (Nathan Pretty won't get 3rd though :()
 
I hope HRT take it out, with #51 in 2nd and Nathan Pretty in 3rd.:sly: (Nathan Pretty won't get 3rd though :()
Okay. You can have Phillip Island; Ford will gladly take Bathurst in return.
 
Okay. You can have Phillip Island; Ford will gladly take Bathurst in return.

Hmm.......I dunno...........doesn't really sound like a fair deal.:p
 
Hmm.......I dunno...........doesn't really sound like a fair deal.:p
Hey, you're the one who said Holden should take Phillip Island. I'm being more than willing to accomodate you, but I feel Ford should get an endurance crown of their own in return. After all, having both is just greedy. And you're geting Lowndes and Whincup next season - dammit - so Ford should have one last hurrah for a while before everyone lsoes interest next season when only one manufacturer can win anything.
 
Hey, you're the one who said Holden should take Phillip Island. I'm being more than willing to accomodate you, but I feel Ford should get an endurance crown of their own in return. After all, having both is just greedy. And you're geting Lowndes and Whincup next season - dammit - so Ford should have one last hurrah for a while before everyone lsoes interest next season when only one manufacturer can win anything.

I have a feeling that FPR and DJR will really step up to the plate next year.
 
I have a feeling that FPR and DJR will really step up to the plate next year.
Still, I think the Powers That Be should try and encourage an even spread across the grid. You can't deny that the rivalry is what makes the series, and when it's split fifty-fifty, the rivalry is at its best.
 
I think Garth Tander and Will Davision will be quite a tough team to beat at Bathurst. Seeing as how Davision is on a roll, and you can't count out Tander.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back