Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,370 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all I know is that there may be more manufacters but that rumor has been around since adam was a boy, but can you imagine a fleet of V8 hyundai sonatas, though the photo mock up loos pretty good
 
Well all I know is that there may be more manufacters but that rumor has been around since adam was a boy, but can you imagine a fleet of V8 hyundai sonatas, though the photo mock up loos pretty good

Can I see the photo mock-ups?:sly:
 
if i can find them were mentioned in a V8X Article before bathurst sometime, just a pain white car from memory

Tried my best to upload but 56k is too slow

If anyone can find a copy of the magazine or has one the image im talking about is in issue 54 page 48. It has a story on the COF
 
Last edited:
Some 2010 liveries:

Bundaberg Racing
2010Studio24.jpg


2010Studio17.jpg


I'm not sure I like this one. It's as if the car can't decide which colour it wants to be: red and black or red and silver. It doesn't look too bad from the front, but the side-on view just looks ... wrong. I think it's the way the red suddenly stops and the black just starts.

Castrol EDGE Racing
00104486-Photo.jpg


This is a mockup of Murph's car - it's actually a road car with a racing livery - and by no means a finished product. I'm not big on it, either, but that's because I'm red/green colour-blind, and so it looks like a big, big mess to my eyes.

The Bottle-O Racing
pd21-344x218.jpg


Again, not a final livery, but they're pretty much screwed whatever the case may be - there's not a hell of a lot that you can do with that shade of vomit green.

Gary Rogers Motorsport
fujitsu34_3.jpg


This is one we've known about for a while now; ever since it was announced that GRM would switch from Valvoline to Fujitsu. I don't know if it's final, but it's certainly the best-looking of the new cars.
 
I like the Bundaberg Racing livery the best so far. That car looks so much better than last year's. :)
 
You know who I wouldn't mind seeing sponsor a team? BOOST Juice. I reckon their cars would look awesome.
 
You know who I wouldn't mind seeing sponsor a team? BOOST Juice. I reckon their cars would look awesome.

Hmmm good idea, maybe someone could use that as a sponsor in the V8 League I race at. That would have a sweet livery. :)
 
Known about the Bottle-O livery since they announced their split, basically the same as last year
is there truth to the rumour that SBR and FPR are grouping their cars together in pitlane next year like WP?

Maybe for Bathurst Castrol EDGE racing could revert to the livery that was on the Castrol Commodores in the 90s
 
Well, it seems that the Queensland Raceway will not be hosting a race in 2010 after they failed to come to agreeable terms with CAMS. While it means one less round this season, I can't say I'm too broken up about it. After all, it is the Paperclip w're talking about.
 
I have to like the Bundaberg Racing livery the best, they stole Lion's Den Performance Racing's colour scheme!:lol:
Very very annoyed at not having a V8 Supercar round at QLD Raceway this year, might be fine for all of you, as I can understand it's a boring track, but since going to Gold Coast is worthless to me, this means no V8 Supercar rounds for me this year, and the Paperclip is truly a spectator's circuit too, since you can see everything at once.:(
I think Bottle-O took a step back in terms of livery (and not because it's now on a Ford either :lol:), their '09 livery seemed so refreshing, this is just normal. I really hope FPR have a truly wild and awesome livery, would be nice if the factory Fords had liveries at least as good as the factory Holdens, I thought their 09 efforts were constrained and boring.
I also liked the old GRM cars more, don't think a whole lot of their new livery either, it's so-so.
 
to be fair it does need a complete repave (as in remove the old tarmac abd replace it with new tarmac) its just too bumpy for a permament circuit, sad to see it go though
 
I have to like the Bundaberg Racing livery the best, they stole Lion's Den Performance Racing's colour scheme!:lol:

Hahaha, they do look very similiar. ;)
 
HRT:

100119-D3-0078.jpg


100119-D3-0054.jpg


100119-D3-0098.jpg


100119-D3-0122.jpg


100119-D3-0025.jpg


Biggest change is the addition of Red Rooster as a sponsor, and the day-glo red being dropped in favour of something more traditional (and less eye-jarring).
 
Kelly Racing 2010:

18957_264139208426_113698148426_3250283_712393_n.jpg


Basically, it's exactly the same as last year's except that it has a few extra sponsors (Mack, Harley-Davidson, etc.) ... and a lightning bolt. I'm sorry, but that's about as bad as having flame decals on your car. Another reason not to like them, then.
 
Lightning bolt? Barely, and even then what is there is a pretty cool bolt either way, you're just making up reasons not to like them now.:ouch:

Nice to see a normal red back, we won championships when they were normal reds.:lol: Having such a big Red Rooster logo doesn't look awesome, but I'll get over it.:p

QLD fans can thank the Ipswich mayor as we may have QR on the calendar yet, good to see the government cares enough about money and the people to do something about both.:lol:
 
The HRT livery looks great, but it could've probably done without the Photoshop-like "add outer shadow". I would like it even more if it had the HRT logo on the bonnet.

I'm not a fan of the new Jack Daniel's livery, the white stripes/lightning bolt make it all seem too cluttered and tacky. I much prefer the simplistic Jack Daniel's livery of a few years ago.
 
The new HRT looks fantastic
 
Sneak preview.

19851_321888130920_592675920_5234106_8130444_n.jpg
 
/\ You know that's probably the main reason HRT ditched day-glo orange, too much similarity to Team Vodafone.
 
More liveries ...

Stone Brothers Racing:
Alex Davison, IRWIN Tools

IRWINCar.jpg


Shane van Gisbergen, SP Tools

SPToolsCar.jpg


Tim Slade, Wilson Security

WilsonSecurity.jpg


Tom Walkinshaw Racing:
Andrew Thompson, Extra Smooth

bundy1-344x171.jpg


Fabian Coulthard, Bundaberg Red

bundy2-344x143.jpg


Lucas Dumbrell Motorsports
Daniel Gaunt, Gulf Western Oils

61771943.jpg
 
All the SBR cars = :yuck:

The Walky ones look good and that Gulf Western Oil car looks fantastic. :D
 
Triple Eight Motorsport

00104489-Photo.jpg


00104490-Photo.jpg


00104496-Photo.jpg

Noticeable lack of Holden signage. There's some on the front of the car and a Holden logo, but that's about it. Whincup has said the team wants to get rid of the Holden vs. Ford mentality, so I guess that makes sense.

Also confirmed hat Mark Skaife will partner Craig Lowndes for the enduro races, while Steve Owen will be with Jamie Whincup. Looks like they've abandoned their Euros for Enduros system now that the drivers are split.

And some more SBR shots. The IRWIN car isn't any good; theat yellow around the bottom really makes it look quite old. The SP Tools livery hasn't changed much aside from the addition of Lucky7 (apparently they're a chain of independent convenience stores - who knew?), so it's just more of the same. I don't mind Tim Slade's Wilson Security entry at all, though. I think the black and green is kind of retro, and the front end draws inspiration from the Jim Beams. Some better angles:

P1020495.jpg


P1020484.jpg


I also find it a little interestig that Slade has been in the game for a year and has already changed his racing number. He was 67 in 2009; now he's 47. Most drivers like to stick with one number through their career (if they're not champion) to make it more identifable, though sometimes teams - Stone Brothers and Garry Rodgers are known for it - always run the same numbers (4/9, 33/34) regardless of who drivers for them. But Slade has changed manufacurers, teams, sponsors, number ... and his hair, apparently.
 
Slade has changed manufacurers, teams, sponsors, number ... and his hair, apparently.
well he can't look as gay as Fiore....

typical vodafone livery, but looks muuuuuuch better on a Holden haha. I like the HRT livery, except for one thing.... It looks a lot more like the 06? 07 season? Kelly Racing cars
 
Slade looked like Michael Jackson. His long hair made the top half of his face look feminine, but his David Coulthard-esque square jaw made the lower half of his face very masculine.

While I agree that the Triple Eight livery looks good - it's probably their best - it looks wrong. It's like Renault's R30 design: it's got al the right elements, but for some reason, it doesn't quite come together. And I know what that is: the Vodafone livery has become synonymous with Triple Eight, and until now, Triple Eight has been a Ford team. It doesn't belong on a Holden at all. It'd be the same as if Ferrari start painting their racing cars bright purple. Or if America made a new flag tomorrow and it had the Hammer and Sickle on it, or if they put Pepsi in a can of Coke. It's wrong, and it sticks out like a sore thumb.
 
I somewhat agree, but how else could you do it?
 
#9 and #47 don't look too bad, but they're practically the same as last year, and unlike GRM when they used the same livery a number of years in a row, their's is nothing special.:dunce:
Still liking the Walkinshaws and the GWOs cars look good, and surprisngly not blue and orange.:lol:
 
I somewhat agree, but how else could you do it?
The only thing I could think of would be to find a new sponsor. And there's no way Triple Eight would do that. So for now we've got to put up with a glove that doesn't quite fit. Once Triple Eight have done a season with Holden, then it'll be a little better. I just think that any success the Triple Eight Holdens have this year will be owed to Ford, because the team rose to power and prominence as a Ford team. 2011 will be the earliest I'll start accepting them as a Holden team, and even then, it will only happen if they start having sucess this year.
 
Whincup has said the team wants to get rid of the Holden vs. Ford mentality, so I guess that makes sense.
That would be brilliant. As for the livery, I don't like the lack of red on the bonnet or the random black streaks around the red on the sides. Other than that, the Triple 8 Livery looks pretty nice.

or if they put Pepsi in a can of Coke.
That would be my worst nightmare. :nervous:
 
That would be brilliant.
I agree. I think the us-vs.-them mentality tends to bring out the worst in all of us. All this hate is toxic. I also think Triple Eight would rather see a world where people support teams on their merits rather than based on what car they run. If only they'd brought the Car of Tomorrow program in sooner with a new manufacturer - I think Triple Eight would have been one of the first to sign up for them.
 
Ford Performance Racing
Mark Winterbottom - Orrcon Steel

62287127.jpg


Brad Jones Racing
Jason Bright - Trading Post

JASON-FRONT-3_4-TWOA10E.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back