Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,281 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly Racing
Jason Bargwanna - ROCK Energry Drink

RockRacingBargs4-.jpg
 
NO! They made the FPR car look worse than ever!:grumpy: It's the factory Ford team, what the hell is this yellow crap? And waaaaaaay too much silver. It should be a mix of different blues and black and/or white and/or minimal silver in a modern and attractive design.
The Trading Post Commodore looks alright, nothing amazing but still pretty good, the ROCK Energy Drink Commodore seems to be lacking sponsors.
 
I think DJR may get top spot livery wise the way they're going and theirs is yet to be released as far as I know
 
the ROCK Energy Drink Commodore seems to be lacking sponsors.
Yeah, it does look like it wouldn't be out of place in the Fujistu Development Series, doesn't it?
 
Well, we've got two new events for 2010 ... sort of.

The race at the Paperclip has been saved, at least for this year. It will be known as the Ipswich 300, and it's just going to be a standard round.

The other is going to be known as the V8 SuperCARnivale, and it's going to be the series third endurance race. It's going to be at Surfers' Paradise and will follow the same format as the 2009 Nikon SuperGP, with two races of 300km each day. They've got a whole host of international drivers lined up (it seems to be compulsory to have an international driver in each car) and a new circuit that fortnately seems to eliminate all of the chicanes. This is the old format, but this is the new layout.
 
Speaking of the Fujitsu Series the ROCK Energy Drink car reminds me a little of the Supercharge Batteries Fujitsu Series VE from last year.

It looks like David Brabham is one of the "internationals" lined up to race in the Gold Coast round, interesting.:) Not really sure I like the concept though, putting the main driver's championship hopes on the line by forcing them to drive with someone who may potentially have never driven a V8 Supercar before, or Gold Coast for that matter.
 
That just makes it that much harder. You think the champion should just be the guy who cruises to every point he gets?
 
Not exactly, but I do think the champion should be the guy who earned it mostly by himself, not have it robbed of him by someone less experienced driving his car, or have it won for him by someone else. With 3 enduros now, and by the sound of it they may not get to choose the driver for the GC Event, it's getting that way.
 
Tony Ricciardo confirmed as the driver of the #16 Kelly Racing SUPER-MAX RAZROS Commodore.
 
Riciardello do you mean? He drives the alfa Sports Sedan.
 
Yes, Riciardello - I was writing that one on my phone between classes.
 
So then he's actually stepping into a slower car?:sly:

Edit: His car looks pretty cool though.
 
So then he's actually stepping into a slower car?:sly:

Yeah pretty much, big move to step away from that B & M Alfa, that family has driven that car for years in the Sports Sedans Series. Good to see him get a full time drive though, he is a great driver, Darren Hossack is too come to think of it. 👍
 
I don't see much if any sports sedan racing so I wouldn't know. I just know the cars are completely bonkers, a V8 Supercar will feel like an open wheeler to him after this, completely tame.
 
I don't see much if any sports sedan racing so I wouldn't know. I just know the cars are completely bonkers, a V8 Supercar will feel like an open wheeler to him after this, completely tame.

Yep, I never really see them either apart from going to the odd event at Oran Park, if you like at my Youtube channel you'd see a few videos of them at Oran Park. 👍

But yeah, V8's will handle like rubbish and probably feel a bit slow compared to what he's used to.
 
Sorry for double post, but this is something that one of the blokes I league race with made.... V8 Superchat Ep 2 Season 2010

 
Well the penalty given to Garth Tander wasn't justified by the infringement, some small thing caused by a poor join in the tarmac in qualifying means he starts last in the race, that's just stupid. As for Paul Morris, which idiot let that idiot on track? He should be banned from all motorsport, he just doesn't get it, already crashing out championship contenders just 2 laps in.:rolleyes:

They look great at night time though.👍

Edit: Mixed feelings now, it might take me a few race meets before I start enjoying Team Vodafone winning in Holdens, need to adapt to the idea. Very disappointed in the HRT results, it doesn't get any worse than that.
 
Last edited:
...
Edit: Mixed feelings now, it might take me a few race meets before I start enjoying Team Vodafone winning in Holdens, need to adapt to the idea.
Yeah lol!:lol:
Same here, I think they will do well though, they have been on fire for so long, those sort of flames take alot of extinguishing.:D:tup:
R*
 
Good Job for Jamie Whincup! :cheers:
Just saw the Abu Dahbi race. Go holden!
 
HRT are having a baaaaad weekend.:( Whincup is dominating, and I mean dominating.:)
 
How dare 7 Network interrupt all those ads with car racing!
 
American folk... did you see Speed Channel earlier on Saturday? There are now V8 Supercar series same-weekend highlights on Speed! The race will replay at the bottom of this hour (it's 12:13 AM CST now), because I missed most of the race. EPIC win for Speed Channel for this coverage!
 
Well, the championship is now bewteen Whincup and Winterbottom, HRT have already fallen way too far back to be contenders and simply don't seem to have the speed this year, and the rest of the guys are never consistent enough or good enough to be front runners.
 
American folk... did you see Speed Channel earlier on Saturday? There are now V8 Supercar series same-weekend highlights on Speed! The race will replay at the bottom of this hour (it's 12:13 AM CST now), because I missed most of the race. EPIC win for Speed Channel for this coverage!

I caught the 1 hour condensed versions they did later in the day. They sowed the first two rounds condensed into 1 hour each.

Glad to see Speed getting back to covering more than just NASCAR.
 
Glad to see Speed getting back to covering more than just NASCAR.

Actually, the NASCAR coverage this year has been expanded, unfortunately. I did catch both of the races on SPEED this morning. Can't wait for the next one on the 7th of March. 👍
 
So you guys enjoyed it?
 
Well, the championship is now bewteen Whincup and Winterbottom, HRT have already fallen way too far back to be contenders and simply don't seem to have the speed this year, and the rest of the guys are never consistent enough or good enough to be front runners.
I think Van Gisbergen will surprise us a few times...
 
I think Van Gisbergen will surprise us a few times...

Not for the championship he won't. There are plenty of drivers that could come away with excellent single race/round results.
 
Those cars looked great at night. Nice glowing rotors, and they have the best camera angles too, helmet cam FTW, and heart monitor? :lol: gimmicky but cool :lol: I've still got to watch race two, hopefully at some point this season I'll figure the ins and out's this series.
 
So you guys enjoyed it?

I've always enjoyed these races. When I can actually see them. Glad SPEED has picked up the whole season.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back