Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,109 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
@pm: How would VAG benefit from being in the V8s? The series isn't even remotely relevant to what they produce, unlike Chrysler. If it's not going to benefit their brands, whether it be in the Australian market or just in general, then why would they bother entering?
 
Winterbottom's new livery:

speedcafe1-344x224.jpg

speedcafe2-344x224.jpg


Big version

And Fabian Coulthard's BJR-prepared Lockwood entry:

lockwood-coulthard-336x224.jpg


With a slightly larger version:

57957_9_2.jpg
 
Last edited:
heard on the news today that kiwi Greg Murphy is keen on the idea of Chrysler joining the series
 
Preview of James Moffat's #18 Norton entry:

50grac.jpg


To be released on Monday.
 
Very classy by BJR.

I've always liked BJR, even more so now.👍

Here's a picture of the logo.

57961_7_1.jpg
 
I for one am hoping Chrysler enters, Chrysler is as much a natural rival to Holden and Ford as they are to each other, even in Australia from the Valiant days, although I don't see how they could make that brick as aerodynamically capable, and it'd need even more taken out of the length than the Commodores and Falcons get.
 
Here's HRT's new livery for 2012.

397133_10150513218451651_264022076650_9145650_277213416_n.jpg


403113_10150513217561651_264022076650_9145648_1214600454_n.jpg


Quite some changes... And to compare it from last year's.

2011-Toll-Holden-V8-Racing-Car-588x372.jpg
 
Not a fan of the gold or the carbon fibre pattern. Hopefully it will look better in person in just under a months time!
 
I agree, the Norton car looks fantastic! Could be one of the best looking car this year. HRT's new livery is too busy and I kind of not liking it...
 
It's fantastic.

I totally agree. :drool:

Personally I really like new the HRT livery, the gold and the carbon fibre look on the hood, I like the whole package.

I'm also really interested to see what Greg Murphy's Pepsi Max livery will look like this year.
 
Last edited:
Personally I really like new the HRT livery,
I find it a little pretentious. As if HRT think that they're better than every other team simply because they're HRT. But then, I've never liked them, so I admit to being biased.
 
I've never liked them, so I admit to being biased.

Fair enough, I've been a HRT fan since I was very young, so I can admit to being biased aswell. :lol:
 
I'm also really interested to see what Greg Murphy's Pepsi Max livery will look like this year.
I think I remember Murph said on an interview in NZ(TV3) weekend before last that they were going back to their original livery for the start of this year? I could be wrong though. Either that or he said it because the presenter hated that one.

Moffat's livery looks sharp:drool:
 
After we've seen some great liveries, I think this is a bit of a let down... Team Vodafone have just released their livery and to be honest, it looks simple and bold but after a couple of minutes staring at it I'm starting to get bored. I think that will change once I see it on the track but at the moment I'm not that all impressed.

2012-team-vodafone-car.jpg


As a comparison to last year's.

515911-111204-jamie-whincup.jpg
 
The Triple 8 car is looking good, although it could use with some black on the rear wing. I wonder if more red was Holden's idea...
 
Yeah, I think they could use some black on the rear wing as all red is really boring. Man I'm already starting to miss the silver and I also wonder if it was Holden's idea.

Another thing I noticed has changed is the Nokia sponsorship. I think they're done with Nokia and now Samsung is on board.
 
The silver is missed...

If anything, it gave me a fan-boy view of something akin to "V8 Supercar's McLaren"
 
After we've seen some great liveries, I think this is a bit of a let down... Team Vodafone have just released their livery and to be honest, it looks simple and bold but after a couple of minutes staring at it I'm starting to get bored. I think that will change once I see it on the track but at the moment I'm not that all impressed.
Anybody else notice that the Triple 8 livery is becomeing more and more red while HRT starts getting more and more black?
 
I don't like the Triple 8 livery at all, it's a bit boring, way too much red and not enough silver.

Here's Tim Slade's Lucky 7 Falcon
 
Watch this space - something big is coming at 11am AEDST (that's midnight GMT) tomorrow:
V8 Supercars will make “one of the most significant announcements in the history of the sport” tomorrow.

In a short statement released today, V8 Supercars has announced that it will hold a press conference in Melbourne tomorrow to reveal something that, according to the statement, is “years in the planning and is certain to surprise.”

Senior V8 Supercar executives, including chairman Tony Cochrane and CEO David Malone, will be joined by several special guests to make the announcement at 11am AEST.

V8 Supercars is refusing to make further comment on the matter until that time.
Also, Karl Reindler has replaced David Reynolds at Kelly Racing. Here is his livery:

KarlReindler11FDSR_3qtr-hi.jpg
 
Last edited:
Slade's Lucky 7 doesn't look all that special. I prefer their last year's livery more. Davison's Trading Post Falcon is also not special neither catching my eyes unlike Moffat's. It seems their last year's looks even better.

Maybe that will change once the car hits the track. Only 3 weeks left!

I wonder what the announcement is all about. More manufacturers to join or more tracks to join? Interesting...

EDIT: Meanwhile, Karl's livery looks really sharp and good. I like it!
 
Watch this space - something big is coming at 11am AEDST (that's midnight GMT) tomorrow:
The cat's been let out of the bag early, it seems, with Nissan joining the series from 2013. No word on what they'd use though - there isn't anything other than the Maxima that they could use.

The best part about this is the fact that all the bogans will be whinging about the fact that the manufacturer that "started" the V8 Supercars formula through the Skyline GT-R's domination of Group A is now back in the category that was created with the intention of pushing them out of major Australian motorsports.
 
This is fantastic news! Can't wait to hear what car Nissan decide to enter the series with! 👍
 
Fan-freaking-tastic, finally a little more variety. I hope even more join and I will have to start watching regularly again.
 
The cat's been let out of the bag early, it seems, with Nissan joining the series from 2013.
Going by Richard Crennan's comments, it may not be Nissan at all. All of the Nissan/Infiniti rumours mention Kelly Racing as the team to run new cars, but Crennan says they're trying to get official factory support from Holden (replacing HRT) in 2013.

Can't wait to hear what car Nissan decide to enter the series with!
It's believed that if they enter, they will enter with the Maxima, the Altima or use the Infiniti M; Infiniti is supposedly coming to Australia in 2013.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back