Vote For Your Most-Wanted Features, Cars, & Tracks

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 168 comments
Bathurst is known to be in the Top 4 tracks in the world, but I think to most Australians it's no.1. The track is just awesome.

I never seemed to enjoy racing on Mount Panorama in other racing games, I don't know why. I enjoy driving it though in time trials, just not racing with other cars in the way, I find it a frustrating track to race on.
And if the Aussies get increased representation, the Brits (and general Europeans) should too! More BTCC and WTCC! More British and European tracks!
The Americans have already had Daytona, Laguna Seca and Infineon and the Japanese have already had Fuji, Suzuka, Motegi and Tsukuba. Although we've had two legendary tracks from Europe, there are still many more, we've had none from Great Britain, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain (not counting Tourist Trophy), etc.

Last edited:
I frankly don't care for Australia tracks, I don't really care if they add them.... EXCEPT.... Bathurst, that is a no brainer, not because it is Australian but because it is a truely awesome track.

My No.2 favorite track in the world (behind green heaven, I call it heaven because if thats hell then I want to be a bad boy... )

I never seemed to enjoy racing on Mount Panorama in other racing games, I don't know why. I enjoy driving it though in time trials, just not racing with other cars in the way, I find it a frustrating track to race on.
And if the Aussies get increased representation, the Brits (and general Europeans) should too! More BTCC and WTCC! More British and European tracks!
The Americans have already had Daytona, Laguna Seca and Infineon and the Japanese have already had Fuji, Suzuka, Motegi and Tsukuba. Although we've had two legendary tracks from Europe, there are still many more, we've had none from Great Britain, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain (not counting Tourist Trophy), etc.

Please don't forget about Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium :nervous: :sly:
Although that's already in the track list and has a lot of votes 👍 (doesn't mean you don't have to vote for it anymore)

At least you had some representation of tracks, we have nothing at all.

I frankly don't care for Australia tracks, I don't really care if they add them.... EXCEPT.... Bathurst, that is a no brainer, not because it is Australian but because it is a truely awesome track.

My No.2 favorite track in the world (behind green heaven, I call it heaven because if thats hell then I want to be a bad boy... )

What? You don't like Phillip Island? World class track mate. I also like Eastern Creek Raceway for some reason. If I had to pick 3 Aussie tracks it'd be those 3, and surely all are better than many tracks already in GT, like Fuji, Tsukuba, Daytona Road, more? Or at least IMO.
Most of the rest of Aussie tracks are rather dull/not worthy of GT admission. I mean, wtf is my own QLD Raceway meant to be? At least it's getting an upgrade by 2020 or something. Oran Park, Barbagello, Winton Raceway are all pretty average.
Gold Coast, Hidden Valley, Sandown, Adelaide are all OK.

There are more I'm not mentioning, but clearly we have a mix of good and bad tracks. Most better than some tracks in GT already.

Nope all Australian tracks besides Barthurst are boring or a mouse maze (street courses) IMO, they don't appeal to me at all.

Nope all Australian tracks besides Barthurst are boring or a mouse maze (street courses) IMO, they don't appeal to me at all.
Oh come on, who here doesn't love queensland raceway or, as it is better known as, 'the paperclip'. Excitement city right there :P

Bathurst would be great though, however it would need to be modeled correctly. Codemasters did some awful jobs at it for their race driver series. The best version of bathurst that i have seen is in the V8factor mod for rfactor.

Great idea on this voting website, should definitely make more sense than the wishlist threads, which I suspect many poeople get disillusioned by, and other people just plain don't have a clue how to read the rules for posting in them and mess them up. Voting separates the great ideas from the average ones.

At least you had some representation of tracks, we have nothing at all.

To be fair the UK and Oz are both poorly represented in the GT series (apart from London in GT5P, but it's not really a proper track, and there about two dozen "real" courses in the UK which are miles better) but in other racing games both the UK and Oz have had great representation, namely the TOCA series.

What? You don't like Phillip Island? World class track mate.

Philip Island is awesome. I suspect if we get that one it'd most likely be in the eventual Tourist Trophy 2!

Great idea on this voting website, should definitely make more sense than the wishlist threads, which I suspect many poeople get disillusioned by, and other people just plain don't have a clue how to read the rules for posting in them and mess them up. Voting separates the great ideas from the average ones.

True. UK has some good tracks I raced in V8 Supercars 3 (TOCA or whatever it's called elsewhere).

This is true, there's very, very few decent circuits left in Australia. If we're going to show off Australia in a game, I think some of the classic circuits which are no longer around would be perfect, such as Gnoo Blas, Lobethal, Longford and the original home of motor racing in Bathurst - Vale. These circuits are just so much more impressive than what we have left and that's why I'd love to see at least one of them along side some of the most worlds most well known circuits.

Tracks /cars yer yer I want to see some tyre wear . Over the course of 5-7 laps driver style/setup is whats going to show.
You follow some drivers and every corner smoke billows from the front. Throw on the lock on we go.Get rid of it!!!!!

On another note.
Lakeside lakeside lakeside!!!!

Dont know that one? Queenslands premier race track for many decades!!! Forgotten for a dozen years,soon to be revisited!!!Yes!!

Last edited:
How about brake fade, its a very real world problem but maybe we are asking for to much in one game.

There is a request for headlights actually lighting up the road in front. How about the option to turn headlights on or off regardless the time of day? Hopefully this in turn illuminates the cabin dials whilst in cockpit view. Purely aesthetic though, won't improve anything they already have in the game. I'm not holding my breath though for this or any other request. I think ithe game is great the way it is. Looking forward to more cars and tracks when GT5 is released.

did i just see Nurburgring 2nd in the poll for most wanted???? Why do people waste votes on a track that is a dead certainty......

did i just see Nurburgring 2nd in the poll for most wanted???? Why do people waste votes on a track that is a dead certainty......

Don't know either and din't vote for it. go Spa! :D:sly:

Once Gotland track is 100% completed, it should be the track needs to be in the game for sure.

It will be even larger and longer than the Nurburgring!

If we're going to show off Australia in a game, I think some of the classic circuits which are no longer around would be perfect, such as Gnoo Blas, Lobethal, Longford and the original home of motor racing in Bathurst - Vale.

Now thats what I am talking about!

I just put in the Cien concept, was too cool to leave out, please find and vote for it.:)

Portugals new Portimao should be in this tracks list.Beautiful SBK race 2 weeks ago.Big elevation changes all the way.

Last edited:
I'd like to see PD and Natural Point get together and come up with support for the TrackIR. I use it in just about all my pc racing. Having the freedom to look around just by moving my head feels so natural, instead of pushing a button and getting a 90 degree snap view. It really helps, especially when using the interior view.

When I first time did check this vote-system, I added Spectator-Mode wish to there. Somewhy I disappeared from there, even it had 10 votes, and should belong on hot-list. Now I found it from 'feed activity' section, and there reads it is 'dublicated'...?

What that means?

Quote from there:

Spectator-Mode duplicate
If there in future will be Big Tournaments, Championships, Team-battles, etc etc... it is very obvious that I'm not on the grid in finals. Even that, I really wanted to see how my friends will race, and support my Team.

That's why I wanted to have Spectator option when I could see race from some good perspective. Maybe from 'helicopter-sight' if that kind is even possible.

I'm sure it would be very successful!

Back