[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Added the Milwaukee race report. It should be accessible no matter what program you use. Road America coming in a couple hours.
Can I have results for all of the sessions please? I'm on my phone which can't open it at all

The Firestone 600K @ Las Vegas Motor Speedway : "I felt like I had a pretty good car all weekend, and I feel like I'm starting to really gel with the team at Perlspeed GP, but the race was disappointing because we got stuck a lap down early after a caution and never got a chance to make it back up. I don't think we had enough in the car today to win, but a Top-10 was on the cards for sure before that happened."

The Spotify Indy 300 @ Phoenix International Raceway: "The car was a real rocket in both practice sessions, but qualifying was a complete disaster: It felt like everything me and the boys & girls at Perlspeed GP tried only made it go slower or tougher to handle. Which, when you consider that in VRR evey car's set-up is "Locked-In" from qualifying for the start, I was just holding on and waiting for a caution to come out... Unfortunately, none did, but the #77 got better with each batch of changes the team made during pitstops and at the end of the day I'm happy with a 10th place."

The FedEx Indy 300 @ The Milwaukee Mile: "... Well, I want to say that after all of the bad luck we've had in the last few VRR Indycar races 4th place feels like a win to everybody at Perlspeed GP, but I'm feeling kind of disappointed to be honest with you. Again, the car was phenomenal in both practices and again qualifying felt like a wash staring in 12th with a lap-time that was slower than both of best in FP1 & FP2... But the race was great. I ran up in the top-10 all day, avoided all of the crashes that could've taken me out early on but the #77 was better on short runs and I was fighting it just to stay close to Treven Robie in the #92."

"I'm looking forward to Road America next weekend though. I heard the Bratwursts the vendors sell there are incredible and I'm hoping that "Perly" can stay home just a little bit longer for the European Tour... I haven't been outside of the states since running in VRR Indycar this year."

Can I have results for all of the sessions please? I'm on my phone which can't open it at all
Results for #67 - Jamie Ngaire-Jardine
Practice 1: 24th (20.765 sec., 173.369 mph)
Practice 2: 21st (20.929 sec., 172.010 mph)
Qualifying: 19th (20.923 sec, 172.060 mph)
Race: 21st (-9 laps, Running, 9 points awarded.)
Post-race standings: 5th (360 pts., 70 behind 1st, 13 behind 4th, 3 ahead of 6th)

Results for #67 - Jamie Ngaire-Jardine
Practice 1: 24th (20.765 sec., 173.369 mph)
Practice 2: 21st (20.929 sec., 172.010 mph)
Qualifying: 19th (20.923 sec, 172.060 mph)
Race: 21st (-9 laps, Running, 9 points awarded.)
Post-race standings: 5th (360 pts., 70 behind 1st, 13 behind 4th, 3 ahead of 6th)

Not good enough dang it. Need to be better

Broadcasting is back! The Harley-Davidson Indy Grand Prix of Elkhart Lake at Road America is enjoyable here.
R17 FP101.PNG
R17 FP102.PNG
R17 FP201.PNG
R17 FP202.PNG
R17 Q01.PNG
R17 Q02.PNG

R17 R01.PNG
R17 R02.PNG

Glad to be back. Glad everything's worked out. Glad everything's back to normal.

It's funny because you can tell who skipped to the end and who watched at least 30 min
Posts 2 hour video, people respond in under an hour of it made available. Seems legit. Can't complain though. Several races with 100+ views. Someone has to be watching them.

Once again another poor race for the team. Just never managed to get the track and weather conditions quite correct. We need to be much better than that especially when going for a title

Good job me, all you had to do was hang on in this attrition day and then you'd get a decent finish, and what did I do? Crash of course, because why not, those tires were looking quite inviting I guess.

Good job me, all you had to do was hang on in this attrition day and then you'd get a decent finish, and what did I do? Crash of course, because why not, those tires were looking quite inviting I guess.
You were still the highest finishing Canadian

"I believe that the folks back at Black Rose Racing will be able to breathe a sigh of relief - well, sorta - after today's race. I'm really happy with where the car was most of the race, and a top 10 isn't too shabby, I suppose. We were close to the top all day, battling with Windross, and even our teammate Birmingham.

"Also, I need to send a shoutout to Angel for helping both Birmingham and I out there. She was able to keep pace even as a lapped car, so we were able to break away. If only that caution never came out... Anyways, the car felt really good up until the end. I don't know what happened, I guess I just worked the tires way too hard after the second-to-last pit stop. They just wore off, and I lost a bunch of spots. Going wide in that one corner didn't help at all either.

"I'm also rather surprised that the race finished as quick as it did with all of the carnage. I don't know what was going on with either the cars or the track or just the drivers. Who knows. It was just rather odd having all of those offs in the long sweeper, as well as Harsk crashing into the pit wall twice. But the latter doesn't really surprise me all that much, to be honest. I am really glad he, Draco, and Cristobal walked away from that one wreck, though. It's just a testament to how well these cars are built and how safe they are.

"Points standings are good right now, 7th is a good place to be. If we can feel in some really good results, say, some podiums, in the next few races, we should be in contention for the championship. I'm really confident heading into Dover, because it's one of my home tracks, and it's just a blast. Driving a STICS IndyCar there is going to be mental, but I can't wait. Roll on the Monster."

The start of The Harley-Davidson Indy Grand Prix of Elkhart Lake: "It was just crazy. You had guys & girls going 3-wide on the fast stretches and well, I 'm not going to name names, but a couple of drivers were stacking up like rush-hour traffic and brake-checking. What really brought all of it to light were the tires had almost no grip at all, so practically everybody was sliding around and getting into the dirt... I kind of liked it though."

The first round of Pit-stops and scary Near-Misses: "Well, I was carrying too much speed through the Carousel and nearly lost it right before the first round of pit-stops, but I think everybody was struggling with the tires and how the heat made the track greasier than usual because pit-lane on lap 10 was PACKED. Seriously, I felt lucky trying to get through that log-jam without any real damage and I've got to thank my crew for holding me back. I think I've got a guardian angel looking over me too, because when the #92 started spinning on his own coolant or something it took everything I had to try and stop the ole' #77 in time. Even after I watched the video of it, I have no clue how I didn't hit anything..."

The lack of driving standards: "After the "Jesus take the Wheel!" moment I had almost running into Treven Robbie, I kind of let the crew talk me down and tried to just keep it calm and ride things out until a Full-Course yellow or the next round of stops... I can't say the same for the rest of the drivers around me, because I can't remember the last time I've seen so many different drivers cut each other off or run out of room on a road course. And while I can get why everybody was on edge because of how the tires were going off quicker than the fuel, it just smacks of a lack of common sense to try and get back onto the track at full speed into traffic like what I had seen."

Lap 20 and the VRR Oficials
: "I had been on the radio with the crew yelling about how there was oil down in The Carousel and that there needed to be a yelllow to clean it up for like 5 laps, but VRR kind of just were twiddling their the thumbs up in the control tower and figured that since everybody was sliding out there today... It's just stupid and the wreck was just one of those racing things that happens."

Final thoughts: "I'm feeling a little sore after the accident, but nothing's really broken; Just a couple of bruises and a scrape or two. It's a real testament to how strong these Indycars are nowadays. And I think that if I kept my nose cleaner out there and didn't try to race anybody, a top-10 was on the cards for the #77 and Perlspeed GP, but it was a brutal race out there for everybody. Heck, about the only thing that made crashing out early palatable were the Bratwursts some guy was selling out near the entrance to garage area..."

Last edited:
As much fun as Fontana will probably be to watch, I don't think it'll be as exciting for me as the start of Kentucky. Barring a possible win, that'll be my season highlight. I looked like a teenage girl getting a car for her 16th birthday watching the start of that.

"The car itself felt very stable. But I believe that was the problem. We're using the aero we had at Road America, but even trimmed out as far as we can, we were just too slow. It isn't great, but this is why you build a championship gap I guess. I've never had this type of a problem so we'll probably just be experimenting with stuff the entire weekend."

"I was fairly confident going into FP1, I know this track well and I have tons of experience on it. It's also my home track on the calendar, next to Pocono, so the expectations were high. FP1 went according to plan, the car felt great. The time was pretty decent. For FP2 we just wanted to perfect the race trim, as we know we can work our way through the field. Seeing the times that close throughout the entire field was really cool, though. It just shows how evenly matched everyone is. We'll see how we can do in qualifying, we should hopefully have a strong showing. Can't wait for the race, it's going to be mental!"

"The Monster Mile"... I never really thought I'd see this place in person, let alone race an Indycar on it. It's an experience for sure; I really felt the soreness in my arms and neck after the first practice session ended. Other than my physical fitness being a tad under what I thought, the car was pretty good right of the box on a pretty green track, but we lost a tenth & ten places in the second session when we tried to dial in the #77 C-CBRR Chevrolet.

"It's weird, you know? The track kind rubbered-in a little, but it seemed like everybody in FP2 went slower... I'm just looking towards qualifying and I'm hoping that the boys & girls at Perlspeed GP can get a handle on it, because passing might be at a premium on a track that's as narrow as this."

Back