[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,106 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Late to the party, but..

Are we using our full names, right? Well then.. Alan Joseph Herrera Gutierrez..

Just put me as Alan Herrera.
You don't have to. For the actual race cars, when I start recording, all I'll be using is GTP IDs. I've been running tests using the standard Verizon IndyCars, and people have volunteered to give names for the AI.
 
Before I start messing up with the livery, I just want to see if this is how it does have to look.
1.PNG
2.PNG
 
So, I have an announcement that I will break to everyone in two different ways, the straightforward explanation, and a roleplay explanation. Run with this as you will.
Straightforward explanation: Estoril is not going to work. The extraction of the track doesn't have a folder to contain the files, which makes it float about inside the game files. This isn't fixable, which means Estoril is out, and Laguna Seca or Sonoma is in. I'll have to realign the calendar accordingly, but the season will now start in Kyalami in South Africa.

Roleplay "Announcement": VRR officials and officials from the Autodromo do Estoril have failed to reach an agreement to have the venue as the 2016 season opener. A lack of government subsidies for the race is a primary citation for the ended agreement. VRR have hinted at plans to bring the race stateside, moving the three opening races at Kyalami, Motegi, and Mexico City forward on the calendar. Further announcements on the schedule will be reported as we get it.--VRR Network, Indianapolis
 
Make a new folder called "estoril" and place all the files in there
 
Make a new folder called "estoril" and place all the files in there
Already tried twice. Tried moving the track files to the tracks folder and then moved it to the "estoril" folder, and that didn't work. I then tried making an empty "estoril" file and extracted to that, and that didn't work either. I'm not too hurt. It allows me to play with Road America, Watkins Glen, Sonoma, Laguna Seca, Trois-Rivieres, Circuit de la Sarthe, and Suzuka.
 
I will be your friend if you switch it out for Laguna Seca.
 
I will be running a test race at Michigan starting in a little bit. 26 cars including all VRR drivers that have indicated they want to be an AI. I will post an entry list, starting grid, and race updates.
 
You mean you weren't going to be her friend in the first place?!! You monster.
In fairness, she has the ability to be a bit....sarcastic.
 
Test moved to Kentucky because I can...
Kentucky Test Entry List:
#4: Ivan Acosta @BayneHamlin1121
#5: Mohammad Ahmed @Smurfybug
#7: Evangeline Porter @BRRT_Angel
#8: Josh Steele @SVX
#00: Alexis Rainsford @nascarfan1400
#10: Gary Slater @AudiMan2011
#11: Alex Rivera @DcrRaikkonen
#14: Jacob Phillabaum @vetteman24
#16: Phil Felice
#17: Jason Blaney
#20: Paul del Prete @DurWinning
#22: Jacob Descoteau @GTRacer22
#24: Jacob Gregory @Jahgee1124
#33: Behrris Windross @NearCptNitro
#39: Ryan Perlstein @catamount39
#41: Kathryn Graves
#53: Alan Herrera @AJHG1000
#61: Aleena Kinser
#76: Nico Acosta @Niku Driver HC
#77: Stephanie Porter
#79: Brian Glover @BKGlover
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a @KuniKino****a
#96: Clayton Hardy @Clayton Hardy
#98: Matheus Michelin @Michelin
#99: Dean Cruz @DCybertron
Kentucky Test Starting Lineup
1st: #39 (202.619 mph)
2nd: #20 (201.937 mph)
3rd: #77 (201.877 mph)
4th: #53 (201.847 mph)
5th: #98 (201.719 mph)
6th: #11 (201.576 mph)
7th: #7 (201.463 mph)
8th: #8 (201.425 mph)
9th: #61 (201.395 mph)
10th: #5 (201.312 mph)
11th: #14 (201.305 mph)
12th: #41 (201.237 mph)
13th: #33 (201.125 mph)
14th: #79 (201.088 mph)
15th: #91 (201.043 mph)
16th: #4 (200.908 mph)
17th: #10 (200.841 mph)
18th: #16 (200.513 mph)
19th: #22 (200.453 mph)
20th: #24 (200.386 mph)
21st: #17 (200.319 mph)
22nd: #76 (199.712 mph)
23rd: #96 (199.409 mph)
24th: #00 (199.020 mph)
25th: #99 (198.530 mph)
Race is to be 200 laps for 300 miles under the lights.
 
Why isn't the #44 in there :confused:

And can we change the name like nas has?
 
Hmm... that's hardly a qualifying result that I can be proud of. Oh well, hopefully the (test) race will go better.
 
Dead last? :scared:
Then again, this is qualifying.. hopefully putting all my points in the actual race stuff will work out..
 
Top 10! Awesome!
 
Smurfy will crash the field, and we'll all advance up from our low qualifying places! :lol:
 
Wow that quali speed just plain sucked.
 
Bruh this isn't V8 Champ Cars
1. What's the need to repeat what others have said?
2. Why must you say 'Bruh'? You can just eliminate that next time. Please?
 
After 45 laps, Perlstein leads Michelin, Graves, Steele and Rivera.
 
70 laps in, Perlstein leads still. No cautions, and about 30 official lead changes. First round of pit stops coming.
 
At the halfway point of lap 101, Nico Acosta leads! No cautions and one round of pit stops done.
 
Back