[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,116 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Test #2 will be at one of our novelty places and currently sloted as round 1 of the season, Kyalami in South Africa. The layout being used is the infamous layout of the track that was in operation until 1993. To elaborate, the crashes of Peter Revson and Tom Pryce are labeled by the F1 communtiy as two of the more gruesome crashes to have occurred in it's 66 year history so far. And we get to drive Dallara DW12s around there. Sounds like a walk in sunshine, doesn't it. Anyways, the same list for entries will apply to both Kentucky and Kyalami, so the only one left out currently is Arixant until his dormancy is over. Kyalami will be done hopefully by tonight and then both replays will be sent off to our grand, ultra professional commentary crew for their expert care...Nope, couldn't keep a straight face. Let's hope a bomb doesn't explode.
 
Form finally completed. I tend to be awful when in comes to ratings so I sort've hesitated with the form.
 
So, scrapped St. Pete because I could and went to Kentucky again. Recorded the full race for @Clayton Hardy @nascarfan1400 and @vetteman24 to commentate over. I'll run another one tonight at a road course so every one can see what both sides of the aisle look like. So...yeah.
EDIT: If anyone else wants to try out as a commentator, let me know.
I would want to try out as commentator but I'm developing a cold and my voice is going, plus the rest would say no...
 
So, scrapped St. Pete because I could and went to Kentucky again. Recorded the full race for @Clayton Hardy @nascarfan1400 and @vetteman24 to commentate over. I'll run another one tonight at a road course so every one can see what both sides of the aisle look like. So...yeah.
EDIT: If anyone else wants to try out as a commentator, let me know.
I've done it before but im not home that pretty much scratchs me off the list
 
Last edited:
IMPORTANT NEWS: Virtual Reality Racing is proud to announce that it will sanction the Hershey's Indy Lights Series being organized by @KuniKino****a starting in 2016. The series will be specifically for drivers that are either only in for the Indianapolis 500 or are not in the series at all. The series will use the IR-05 IndyCars that were in use from before 2012, with the schedule comprised of 10 points events in support of the Straight Talk IndyCar Series, including the Freedom 100. More information should become available in the coming days.

Commentators are being gathered for the 2016 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series season. Tests are currently being made for the commentators, which will be aired on the Virtual Reality Racing youtube channel. If you are confident in your abilities to commentate, feel free to contact me as both IndyCar and Indy Lights will need commentators.
 
IMPORTANT NEWS: Virtual Reality Racing is proud to announce that it will sanction the Hershey's Indy Lights Series being organized by @KuniKino****a starting in 2016. The series will be specifically for drivers that are either only in for the Indianapolis 500 or are not in the series at all. The series will use the IR-05 IndyCars that were in use from before 2012, with the schedule comprised of 10 points events in support of the Straight Talk IndyCar Series, including the Freedom 100. More information should become available in the coming days.

Commentators are being gathered for the 2016 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series season. Tests are currently being made for the commentators, which will be aired on the Virtual Reality Racing youtube channel. If you are confident in your abilities to commentate, feel free to contact me as both IndyCar and Indy Lights will need commentators.
I'm going to be a busy pony.
 
Is commentator testing open to all?
 
I would like to do the commentary test too.
 
We all should get in a Skype call and try this out! :lol:
 
No. I need people that have fluent English and people I know can be serious.
I speak english good. I'm a video gamer who records videos of the games with English Commentary, so I don't mind to try. But my timezones are different from yours as my timezone is GMT +0 (same time as UK). Therefore, I have to see what I can do... 👍
 
Unamused Husky is unamused. Love that pic.
I've thought of using it for my avi many times. Almost bookmarked it a time or two as well.
Which reminds me, @BKGlover I have no idea how to import a .tga, so if someone with Photoshop can help make those .pta that would be fantastic. Thank you to whoever in advance.
I can post up the psd copies again if the tgas still don't cut it.
EDIT: If anyone else wants to try out as a commentator, let me know.
If I were able to readily access quality internet, I'd try and jump in on this. But I imagine you want to keep things running smoothly soooo yeah.
 
I can commentate. Usually, I can do a better job than what I did yesterday.
 
Schedule Announcement from VRR Officials: Some schedule changes have come to light following further conversations with track promoters and officials, and we are ready to share some of those with you today. Following the removal of Estoril from the calendar, the officials at Kyalami withdrew their circuit from negotiations with us. We have decided to invoke a backup plan that will see the 2016 season start in the Czech Republic at the Brno Circuit. The track organizers there have been very open to us, and preparations for that race are already underway.

Negotiations with Toronto fell flat after it was found that space for a 28 car paddock could not be acquired. The Honda Indy Toronto has therefore been removed. The city managers at Trois-Rivieres have since stepped in to fill that second Canadian slot and negotiations are so far running smoothly. Negotiations over the first Canadian race are still ongoing with the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.

Negotiations for a replacement for Estoril have seen a bunch of venues from all over the planet, whether it is from the United States, Canada, Great Britain, France, Australia, or Brazil. We are exploring options abroad before we can begin looking at options within the United States. We have a driver presence in Great Britain, Brazil, Canada, Portugal, Mexico, Japan, and New Zealand, and some of those countries already have a race to capitalize on that influence. We hope to have more on that slot before we unpack in Bristol.
 
Schedule Announcement from VRR Officials: Some schedule changes have come to light following further conversations with track promoters and officials, and we are ready to share some of those with you today. Following the removal of Estoril from the calendar, the officials at Kyalami withdrew their circuit from negotiations with us. We have decided to invoke a backup plan that will see the 2016 season start in the Czech Republic at the Brno Circuit. The track organizers there have been very open to us, and preparations for that race are already underway.

Negotiations with Toronto fell flat after it was found that space for a 28 car paddock could not be acquired. The Honda Indy Toronto has therefore been removed. The city managers at Trois-Rivieres have since stepped in to fill that second Canadian slot and negotiations are so far running smoothly. Negotiations over the first Canadian race are still ongoing with the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.

Negotiations for a replacement for Estoril have seen a bunch of venues from all over the planet, whether it is from the United States, Canada, Great Britain, France, Australia, or Brazil. We are exploring options abroad before we can begin looking at options within the United States. We have a driver presence in Great Britain, Brazil, Canada, Portugal, Mexico, Japan, and New Zealand, and some of those countries already have a race to capitalize on that influence. We hope to have more on that slot before we unpack in Bristol.

Rio Oval?
 
Rio Oval?
No. Trying to keep it a balance of 10 ovals/10 road courses, so we'd be looking at places in Brazil like Sao Paulo, Interlagos, and Goiania
 
No. Trying to keep it a balance of 10 ovals/10 road courses, so we'd be looking at places in Brazil like Sao Paulo, Interlagos, and Goiania

Already will tell you that Interlagos has never been made for NR2003. Now Goiania in the other hand, I don't know.
 
Mosport! Mosport! Mosport!
 
@BRRT_Angel Could we get a list of what works, what's to be tested, and what doesn't? I have a few on my mind but don't know if you've already tried them.
 
@BRRT_Angel Could we get a list of what works, what's to be tested, and what doesn't? I have a few on my mind but don't know if you've already tried them.
Toronto, Kyalami, Estoril doesn't work.
 
Toronto, Kyalami, Estoril doesn't work.
Hmmm...Going back through the thread I see Sonoma and Sarthe in the cards. I know you aren't enthused about having to rework tracks, but what about Imola, Monza, Fuji, or Nurburgring GP?
 
Hmmm...Going back through the thread I see Sonoma and Sarthe in the cards. I know you aren't enthused about having to rework tracks, but what about Imola, Monza, Fuji, or Nurburgring GP?
I have Nurburg, Fuji is a no, Monza is a no, and can't find Imola.
 
I know I said it before, but, Mont-Tremblant in Canada is a nice track.

There's also Mexico City which may work. I dunno.

Edit: Belle Isle, New Jersey Motorsports Park, Oran Park, Oulton Park as well to name a few I just saw on this website.
 
Last edited:
I know I said it before, but, Mont-Tremblant in Canada is a nice track.

There's also Mexico City which may work. I dunno.

Edit: Belle Isle, New Jersey Motorsports Park, Oran Park, Oulton Park as well to name a few I just saw on this website.
Mont-Tremblant is a no. Mexico City is already on the calendar, Oran Park is too narrow, Oulton Park is out just because I can't make it work. And the website is the first one I had bookmarked. I pretty much know what the track will be. I'm just seeing if there's anything better.
 
Mont-Tremblant is a no. Mexico City is already on the calendar, Oran Park is too narrow, Oulton Park is out just because I can't make it work. And the website is the first one I had bookmarked. I pretty much know what the track will be. I'm just seeing if there's anything better.
http://www.nnracing.com/filelibrary.asp?fileid=75291
Bikernieki is a real track, and it has working standing starts. You'd have to turn the grip up manually in order to make it an OWR track, but it works great besides that
 
Back