[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,118 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
VRR Network recently caught up with Ecurie Ecosse driver Gary Slater at the press launch for the team's car for the 2016 VRR Straight Talk Indycar Series. Here's what he had to say:

VRR Reporter: So Gary, with your team being the first to reveal their car for the 2016 season, how do you feel about your chances?

Gary: Being a new team, we're setting our expectations quite modest. We will be using the 2 exhibition races to get an early indicator of our performance and to see where we can challenge.

VRR Reporter: Why choose the sponsorship of these particular drinks brands in a mainly American series?

Gary: Being a resoundly Scottish team, we wanted to bring some of that to American audiences with the sponsorship that we've chosen. Our main sponsor of Johnnie Walker and our secondary sponsors of Tennent's Lager and Chivas Regal malt whisky represent Scotland's national drinks that we hope will please American fans.

VRR Reporter: Who do you reckon will be your toughest rivals as the season progresses?

Gary: I'm setting my sights around competing against Jacob Descoteau and Sebastian Devereux as we've known each other off track for a while and are known to be immensely competitive.

VRR Reporter: Anything else you'd like to say?

Gary: I just wish to say best of luck to all the teams this season and I look forward to the remaining car reveals to gauge my comepetition.

VRR Reporter: Thank you very much for speaking to VRR Network at this time Mr Slater.

Gary: With pleasure.
 
Last edited:
Under 10 minutes left until qualifying. Raven still has best lap. Best woman is me in 15th. 2 incidents have occurred.
 
I see you've taken care of already. My job is easy apparently.

Yes, all is going well. I've been able to run it (Win 8.1 surprisingly) and I'm working on getting mods for it now.
 
Well, computer battery went out, so that progress ended up with nothing. @Earth had pole position for that race.
 
The sun blew up, only explanation. :P
 
Here is the officlal 2016 Virtual Reality Racing Straight Talk IndyCar Series calendar!
Exhibition: Monster Shootout/Bristol Motor Speedway/100 laps/15 November 2015
Exhibition: 2015 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 Mile Race/Indianapolis Motor Speedway/200 laps/13 December 2016
Test: Sonoma Open Test/Sonoma Raceway/90 minutes/31 January 2016
Round 01: Gold Coast Indy 300/Surfer's Paradise Street Circuit/62 laps/14 February 2016
Round 02: Honda Indy 300/Twin Ring Motegi Speedway/200 laps/21 February 2016
Round 03: Telcel Indy Grand Prix of Mexico City/Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez/79 laps/6 March 2016
Round 04: Firestone Indy Grand Prix of St. Petersburg/St. Petersburg Street Circuit/110 laps/20 March 2016
Round 05: Cafes do Brasil Indy 300/Homestead-Miami Speedway/200 laps/27 March 2016
Round 06: Cheez Its Indy Grand Prix of New York/Watkins Glen International/81 laps/10 April 2016
Round 07: FurAffinity Indy 300/Kentucky Speedway/200 laps/24 April 2016
Round 08: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Lexington/Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course/90 laps/1 May 2016
Round 09: 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 Mile Race/Indianapolis Motor Speedway/200 laps/15 May 2016
Round 10-11: Chevrolet Indy Grand Prix of Cleveland/Burke Lakefront Airport/94 laps/28-29 May 2016
Round 12: Audi Indy Grand Prix of Bowmanville/Canadian Tire Motorsports Park/81 laps/5 June 2016
Round 13: Nikon Indy Grand Prix of Trois-Rivieres/Circuit Trois-Rivieres/130 laps/12 June 2016
Round 14: Firestone 600/Texas Motor Speedway/248 laps/26 June 2016
Round 15: Spotify Indy 300/Pikes Peak International Raceway/300 laps/3 July 2016
Round 16: FedEx Indy 300/Kansas Speedway/200 laps/10 July 2016
Round 17: Iowa Corn 225/Iowa Speedway/225 laps/17 July 2016
Round 18: Lipton Indy 300/Dover International Speedway/300 laps/31 July 2016
Round 19: Pocono Indy 500/Pocono Raceway/200 laps/7 August 2016
Round 20: Audi Indy 300/EuroSpeedway Lausitz/148 laps/21 August 2016
Round 21: Audi Indy Grand Prix of Masaryk/Brno Circuit/45 laps/4 September 2016
Round 22: Nestle Indy Grand Prix of Nogaro/Circuit Paul Armagnac/88 laps/18 September 2016
Round 23: Rolex Indy Grand Prix of Monterey/Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca/90 laps/2 October 2016
Round 24: VRR World Championships/Auto Club Speedway/250 laps/9 October 2016

Just out of curiosity, why is Indy not a points race? Is it because of the one-time driver positions?
 
Just out of curiosity, why is Indy not a points race? Is it because of the one-time driver positions?
It isn't in the 2016 calendar and I don't want two Indy 500s for points in the same season.
 
Question about painting, I know how to do it and what I want, but doing it is a bit of a problem. Do I need to buy photoshop or paintshop 7, or is there a free alternative somewhere that can be used that isn't MS paint?
 
Question about painting, I know how to do it and what I want, but doing it is a bit of a problem. Do I need to buy photoshop or paintshop 7, or is there a free alternative somewhere that can be used that isn't MS paint?
Paint.NET and the PSD plugin
 
I like the concept here. I saw a few NR2003 videos featuring IndyCar competition before, so I'm sure this will be quite an intense championship.
 
I like the concept here. I saw a few NR2003 videos featuring IndyCar competition before, so I'm sure this will be quite an intense championship.
Thank you.
Hey, sis...I'm here. Now what?
And this is after about...4 months of badgering? At least you're here.
 
Thank you.

And this is after about...4 months of badgering? At least you're here.
And thus...Black Rose Racing Team has it's final puzzle piece. Great job pulling my teeth out to get that one done.
 
And thus...Black Rose Racing Team has it's final puzzle piece. Great job pulling my teeth out to get that one done.
Absolutely. I am skilled at pulling teeth. I should be a dentist.
 
Eva, what have you done! You are kidding me. Please wake me from this nightmare! :lol: Glad to see an old friend.
Merry Christmas!
 
Back