[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,211 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
So, if @Gerarghini fails to meet the Saturday deadline, who replaces him in that final full time spot?
First option would go to Cat Devil Racing, then the team principal would either accept or defer and choose the next team. If the second team defers, then they send it to the third, then the fourth...all the way down to the final team for that engine. If no one picks it up, then it would go to Audi's factory squad and then go down that list. Then Chevrolet. But since CDR has a driver they can promote, and that driver already has a car, this could be done and dusted really quickly.
 
First option would go to Cat Devil Racing, then the team principal would either accept or defer and choose the next team. If the second team defers, then they send it to the third, then the fourth...all the way down to the final team for that engine. If no one picks it up, then it would go to Audi's factory squad and then go down that list. Then Chevrolet. But since CDR has a driver they can promote, and that driver already has a car, this could be done and dusted really quickly.
In other words, this...
1: Cat Devil Racing (option to bump the #87 in)
2: Polaris Motorsports (can't bump the #48 in due to age restriction, option for another car)
3: Bauer NTi Team NZ (likely, though I see the rest of the Honda teams simply deferring it down to Cherokee if they have no Indy only cars.

Unless I found someone really quickly to bump in, and have a car made, I would defer. This is going to be interesting.
 
In other words, this...
1: Cat Devil Racing (option to bump the #87 in)
2: Polaris Motorsports (can't bump the #48 in due to age restriction, option for another car)
3: Bauer NTi Team NZ (likely, though I see the rest of the Honda teams simply deferring it down to Cherokee if they have no Indy only cars.

Unless I found someone really quickly to bump in, and have a car made, I would defer. This is going to be interesting.
Politics is supposed to be an F1 thing. This is about to be really interesting indeed.
 
Politics will be interesting. Either I promote Venalainen to a full time seat, even though she's already abandoned the team for 2017, or I recruit someone else, or I pass my option to Steph. Decisions, decisions.
 
Monster Shootout tables being worked on, 2015 Indy 500 finished and tables being worked on. It feels great to be in motion. It smells like hot coffee...wait, that's just my coffee mug. Anyways, soon, there'll be a flurry of videos for you guys to enjoy.
 
Some news for you guys...
VRR has announced that beyond this year's Monster Shootout, the field will likely not ever be as high as it is for the inaugural event. VRR will limit future Monster Shootout field to the pole sitters of races from the previous season, past series champions, and series rookies for the upcoming season. The sanctioning body also confirmed that the Monster Shootout would not be held at Bristol in 2017, not ruling out the short track being promoted to a points paying event.
 
Moment of truth: Is the #38 entered by @Gerarghini able to be entered today?
 
Anyone that wants to be a part of a Skype conversation for the series can let me know.
 
I might do this...I'll think about it. :p
It'll be a bit like an informal massive newsletter. People get to ask questions, I say when races are done and sent to the commentators. It makes everything more transparent and cleans up the thread for races and the roleplay.
 
Anyone that wants to be a part of a Skype conversation for the series can let me know.

No thanks. I rarely use Skype and I'd have to plan usage around USA times, which would probably be Stupid o' Clock in UK time.
 
I'm up for it.
 
I wish I could, but I live in a remote area and my internet connection is not only spotty, but capped... I'll wait until the results start pouring in.
 
First 2017 new venue announcement will be happening at 8:00 p.m. EST. Hint: It's European.
 
Nordschleife confirmed
 
BOWMAN GRAY :dopey:
 
Hockenheim?
 
Its...in Europe. Ha


#iwinlol #igiveuptellmenao
 
Its...in Europe. Ha
35618455.jpg
 
Back