[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SRF has said that Montana seat is based on his races this season. Team Owner David Rossi said " If Montana does not do well his seat will be up and another driver will fill that position." " He will still be apart of the team but again only doing Triple Crown Races."

Some things to keep an eye peeled for in the month of December...
2015 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500: The first ever VRR Indianapolis 500 is sure to be a crowd stunner. Who will grab victory at the biggest venue in the world? What will they drink in Victory Lane? We're about to find out.
Beginning Registration for the VRR IROC SuperRace: The date is set--September 11th, 2016. The venue--Daytona International Speedway. 1,000 miles. What will the field for 42 identical cars look like? The closed invitations to VRR drivers come out on New Year's Eve 2015.

In the media center of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, to kick off practice for the 2015 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500, Stephanie Porter-Kelley made the announcement that Jamie Ngaire-Jardine would be racing for the team in 2017. "Having Jamie and her crew join the team is probably the best option we had. We expanded our crew without having to acquire greenhorn crew members, and we picked up some truly staggering talent." Porter-Kelley announced. Ngaire-Jardine stands as being the only driver representing Australia or New Zealand, hailing from New Zealand. Ngaire-Jardine will be driving the #48 Alienware Polaris Motorsports-Chevrolet beginning in 2017. When asked about Lucas Larese, Porter-Kelley was still confident that he would remain on the team as a part time driver for 2017. "The kid has a lot of skill and we'd like to have him back for the Triple Crown in 2017. He ultimately deserves to be in the series full time, but right now, we need solid experienced drivers to build the team up with. We're happy to have Lucas with us to help be a part of it."

Camyron Jackson can breath a sigh of relief. Cat Devil Racing have confirmed the American driver will remain on the team as part of a two year extention, securing him until after 2018. "The GameStop partnership, as well as deals with Pepsi, Take Two Interactive, and others have made securing him and future plans a guarantee. With what we've been able to secure, we can be back as a three car operation in 2018. We can also put more effort into rallying up a Triple Crown seat in 2017. We are definitely a threat." Who CDR picks up as a Indy 500 driver in 2017 will be a spot to watch for sure.

Well, damn girls. Tit for tat deal apparently. Good for both of you.
2015 Indy FP101.JPG
2015 Indy FP102.JPG
Black Rose Racing Team and Team Porter to announce full team lineup in on Super Bowl Sunday.

Significant improvement from Bristol. The Audi unit definitely has the power to be on the pace as we have an Audi 1-2-3-4. Lets hope the rest of the results follow a similar pattern.

When asked about his take on the first practice session for the 2015 Indy 500, Jacob Deacoteau didn't have much to say. "We just really lacked speed off the hauler, so we are going to have to step up our game. A lot. At least Angel was able to crack the top 15, which should hopefully prove we can be competitive. As for the other two cars... Well... I don't know what to say, really. Time for some fine tuning."

"Yeah, I'm thrilled that we could make a deal with the Polaris Motorsports squad work. They are an extremely professional outfit and I know that Chevy is gonna provide an excellent engine for us next season. I'm ecstatic to get this sponsorship from Alienware and I look forward to announcing my personal sponsorship later on. Just because this deal has been announced doesn't mean that I'm going to sit on the Bristol result. Now I actually have to push harder to prove that I deserve this seat for next season. The Indy 500 is a prime opportunity to do that and hopefully RTi can match the larger teams and beat then again."

Stephanie Porter-Kelley: "The car was very loose. There wasn't a lot of wind, which was something we had set the car up for. Got a lot of data still and Lucas was able to get to the top 20. We have tomorrow to get our qualifying trim ready and then we'll be ready for Bump Qualifying."

David Kelley, Steph's spouse/crew chief: "Today was a compromising day. We didn't have the wind like the forecast said, but it looks like we had better tire wear still, which gives us hope on race day. Steph complained about the car being loose, but tomorrow will likely be worse since we'll be trimming off most of the downforce. We have a clue on what'll work. It comes down to execution here, just like anywhere else."

Not entirely happy with what I saw on the timesheets for myself or Henna. We took a modest approach while Camyron and Steven took a more aggressive approach. We see what worked, and we'll regroup with that in mind tomorrow.

Angel Porter: "Not sure what went wrong. None of the engines received any upgrades, but it looks like Cherokee Motorsports and Audi got all of the Audi teams on the same page. We're not in a good way time wise, but my car felt great. Tomorrow could be something different. Hopefully, it is.

"We wanted to do a lot better...a lot...lot better. The car handles great, it's defiantly handling good. I'm not happy with the engine at all and we're going to have to massage some speed out of it or something. It's going to be a long long set of nights until the race eitherway. Heck I'm worried about being knocked out of the 500 at this point." - Me.

Diego Inaki Jaramillo, Spanish FICA F1 driver, is here at Indy this year as more than a spectator. In a few months time, he'll be driving the #98 Dogecoin Cherokee Motorsports-Audi for us at the 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500. This is currently a one race deal, and the team is still looking at its options for the other two Triple Crown events in 2016.

We are happy to announce that Mohammad has taken 2nd place in the first qualifying!

Me: "We don't know what happened. We just couldn't keep the pace. Hell most of TKU couldn't keep up. I got 16th, Jesus got 17th, Nico.....hell I can't remember where Nico finished. All I know is we have alot of stuff to figure out before we ge-

*Crew Chief runs up laughing like a child*

Me: What is it?
CC: you know the guy who got 2nd right?
Me: Not us, but go on.
CC: Well Ahmed and his team just released saying they got 2nd....in Qualifying.
Me: You serious?
CC: Yep.
Me: *sighs* Give that man a stunner.
CC: A what?
Me: You know what never mind. Just make sure the team is working on the cars.
CC: Gotcha.

"We already have a driver in mind.We are just putting the effort at THIS Year not anything else." said Team Boss David Rossi "Chevy also has contacted us wanting a driver at that position." "We will announce our 2nd driver after the 2016 Indy 500 so can we focus now on this season."

After his latest announcement left many VRR STICS fans scratching their chins, Jacob Descoteau has made an announcement to clarify the the confusion he created. Previously, he had stated that he wanted to express his loyalty to the Chevrolet brand. What he forgot to mention was that he is open to racing for another manufacturer of it provides him a full time seat in 2017. Thank you for your understanding.

JB: Well after the session today I think that saying that we are nowhere near the pace that we need to be is an understatement as being a full 5 mph slower than the leader is like being in Siberia in comparison to the leader's speed and I think that we have a lot of work to do but the one thing that is holding us together is that it is a long race and we may be able to fix our problems before race day.

REPORTER: Any thing on where you will be driving in 2017

JB: No Comment

The media coverage continues here at Indy, with a flurry of news. On top of the comments from Scuderia Rabia Furiosa, Kunimitsu Kino****a let it known that first impressions were vital. "We were talking with Angel [Porter] about possibly relieving them of his contract and getting him for 2017. Then when that team announced the switch to Ferrari, he said he wanted to remain on a Chevrolet team. We moved on to different options at that point." When asked if she wanted to work with Descoteau, she was a bit tip-toed. "From a personal standpoint, I don't know the kid, and there'd have to be a massive acclimatization for it to work. Mechanically, he has enough skill to get somewhere. Would I pick him up if I had the seat? Compared to the rest of the free agent pool, likely. Not a ton of competition in that group."

Well I'm still trying to figure out where Harsk gets the speed from, but 3rd is a good start...but ONLY if we can capitalize on it and not have any boneheaded decisions and end up mid-field at the end of the race! You know, exactly what happened at Bristol. Not sure where the speed is for the 9, maybe we can get it figured out enough to do the other thing we did at Bristol, and that is flip spots in the second practice.

As for 2017, You've heard the open discussions between myself and Cliff Lagueux after he announced the team wouldn't continue after the 2016 season. This doesn't mean that he is off the market, as our deal is a fallback should no one hire him full-time. Also at the moment Lagueux and his 43 aren't replacing Michael and the 9. Unfortunately I can't offer Michael a full-time seat, but if he wants the seat it's his decision.

@Whitetail I know it's a season away and it's not a full time ride, but do you want to at least reserve the car for 2017? Do you even want to participate?

In a quick interview after his run in the 1st practice session for the 2015 Indy 500, Michelin was all smiles:

"Well, the guys back at TKU have been working really hard in all 4 cars, so to be able to post a top 5 is pretty awesome! Hopefully we can build on that on the next sessions so we can start the race up front and fight out for the win."

@Whitetail I know it's a season away and it's not a full time ride, but do you want to at least reserve the car for 2017? Do you even want to participate?
If you're willing to handle logistics then I wouldn't mind. It also really depends on if I performed well enough to where you'd want to keep me.

If you're willing to handle logistics then I wouldn't mind. It also really depends on if I performed well enough to where you'd want to keep me.
I can handle the logistics. @Angel I'd like to retain the #9 part time with Whitetail for 2017. Same options as GTracerEH and the #43.

Back