[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,215 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Yes, and I explain the system underneath the results themselves. All the Indy and Pocono races, only 33 can qualify for the race. If there are more than 33 entries, then bump qualifying will determine the 33 that will race. Only Auto Club can have all entries race.

Ok, got it.

"while I would've loved being higher, I am glad we're in as that was our biggest concern. Now we just can focus on the race and find some speed"
 
"We're in baby! Practice had made me nervous, and while we're probably not going to be able to get anything more out of the engine, we'll do some experiments with the setup. For now...I just want to take a nap. :lol: " - Me to Brochang the reporter
 
Stephanie Porter-Kelley, Driver of #84: "To have a car go from complete hell to drive all the way to a top 10 qualifying machine gives me a lot of faith that we'll pull this car around in time for Indy on Sunday. Glad to see Lucas also in the top half of the field for his first Bump Day appearance. Jamie also being in the top margin is good given that she'll be on the team in a year. Excited to see how it'll pan out."

David Kelley, Crew Chief of #84: "Getting Steph to the top ten on the time sheets proved it was possible. We survived bump qualifying. Now we need to work on race trim. We're in, and that's important."
 
2015 Indy FP301.JPG
2015 Indy FP302.JPG
 
Last edited:
"So...things went from "good" to "What the **** are we doing?!" in about a session. It's not exactly what I expected after bump day's result..." - Me
 
Deleted for her highness...
 
Last edited:
I believe that's actually supposed to Free Practice 3, not Carb Day...
The weather today was killer. Wind was not cooperating at all. We'd adjust to a certain wind pattern and it would change. I don't think anyone is really ready for tomorrow and pole qualifying.
I predict I'll be starting 33rd. :p
 
I predict I'll be starting 33rd. :p
I believe that's actually supposed to Free Practice 3, not Carb Day...
The weather today was killer. Wind was not cooperating at all. We'd adjust to a certain wind pattern and it would change. I don't think anyone is really ready for tomorrow and pole qualifying.
Way to spoil our e-mail conversation. Ass.
 
Way to spoil our e-mail conversation. Ass.
I thought I was responding to that and I guess I didn't. My bad for having 6 different things open.
 
I thought I was responding to that and I guess I didn't. My bad for having 6 different things open.
I guess it's fine. Thunder stealing windbag. You still haven't fixed it by the way.
 
Fixed it now, your highness...
Thank you. Now I have to add something to make it new.
Stephanie Porter-Kelley: "The weather today was killer. Wind was not cooperating at all. We'd adjust to a certain wind pattern and it would change. I don't think anyone is really ready for tomorrow and pole qualifying."

David Kelley: "Steph threw fits with the weather today. It's all just part of the time of year. Lucas was top ten so hoepfully the information we gather can get us in a great position tomorrow."
 
JB: Im really relived that our race pace is getting there but still its nowhere near what we should be running. The CCBRR guys have worked really hard to get closer to the front but it still happy that we are still here after Bump Day, as I was concerned we might miss the show and have to watch from the stands. Im now just going to focus on the race and afterwards I'm flying to Australia and do some testing over there in a V8 Supercar, mainly just to get use to the time zone difference but I will be in Sonoma for the '16 Open Test. I know the big 2017 question is going to come up so I'm just going to answer it now; I have still not received any offers and I plan on giving 100% for CCBRR in 2016 and not worry about 2017 unless something comes up from anyone.
 
Great to lead the timesheets for the first time in my career on an oval. Between Bump Day and today, I feel great about tomorrow and the rest of the week. Unfortunately, consistency isn't there for the rest of the team. We need to work on that, but the team's all racing, which was the biggest concern.
 
For everyone who may be interested, the form for the 2016 VRR Super Endurance is here! That means tagging every person that has an association with this series. Starting in 2017, it'll be referred to as the 2017 VRR International Race of Champions. So, the tagging commences...Note that I will not tag those that have not posted in this thread until after 75% of those being tagged now have entered. Those that are active in this series will have priority in the event if more than 42 end up signing up for the event.
So, what is the VRR Super Endurance? It's a 1,000 mile B-Spec race held at a venue that can host 42 cars, using the Pontiac Firebird IROC mod for NASCAR Racing 2003. All the cars will look and perform identically, with the only identification being the car number, national flag of the driver on the hood, and the last name of the driver on the sides. All the cars otherwise will carry the same color scheme, and the same contingencies. Another method of identifying VRR drivers to non VRR drivers is the color of the name and car number. VRR drivers will have those in blue while non VRR drivers will have them in white. For the 2016 edition, the race will be held at the 2015 version of Daytona International Speedway. The race will be 400 laps for 1,000 miles. All cars will likewise have the same stats. This race, if broadcasted like I'm hoping, will be available on the VRR YouTube channel on Saturday, September 11, 2016 to commemorate the 15th year anniversary of the attacks on that day. Hopefully, we get a full field for this. Participation will largely decide whether or not this continues beyond 2016. A blueprint of the scheme will hoepfully be run by @RACECAR this weekend, and that layout will be how the cars will look. Until then, stay patient and we'll get it done.
 
Signed up.

But no Audi V8 Angel?

I am disappoint.
 
I didn't think Audi made V8s honestly

They raced quite a few in IMSA GTO racing in the past, especially the fierce 4WD-driven 90 Quattro... They are not that uncommon, even in 'Murica.

Also, a 1,000 mile endurance race!? Good heavens, someone has enough patience to go through all that, such patience is commendation-worthy. It is interesting, but I dunno... I'm already enrolled in many different B-Spec series at this point. Although this "1,000m of madness" is only one race, so it wouldn't require much.
 
They raced quite a few in IMSA GTO racing in the past, especially the fierce 4WD-driven 90 Quattro... They are not that uncommon, even in 'Murica.

Also, a 1,000 mile endurance race!? Good heavens, someone has enough patience to go through all that, such patience is commendation-worthy. It is interesting, but I dunno... I'm already enrolled in many different B-Spec series at this point. Although this "1,000m of madness" is only one race, so it wouldn't require much.
It's just a single long as hell race.
 
It's just a single long as hell race.

And it has a long-as-hell waiting period to boot, since it will only happen in September 2016. Which means that there will be ample time to wait for interested drivers... perhaps a bit too much time, in fact.
 
For everyone who may be interested, the form for the 2016 VRR Super Endurance is here! That means tagging every person that has an association with this series. Starting in 2017, it'll be referred to as the 2017 VRR International Race of Champions. So, the tagging commences...Note that I will not tag those that have not posted in this thread until after 75% of those being tagged now have entered. Those that are active in this series will have priority in the event if more than 42 end up signing up for the event.


So, what is the VRR Super Endurance? It's a 1,000 mile B-Spec race held at a venue that can host 42 cars, using the Pontiac Firebird IROC mod for NASCAR Racing 2003. All the cars will look and perform identically, with the only identification being the car number, national flag of the driver on the hood, and the last name of the driver on the sides. All the cars otherwise will carry the same color scheme, and the same contingencies. Another method of identifying VRR drivers to non VRR drivers is the color of the name and car number. VRR drivers will have those in blue while non VRR drivers will have them in white. For the 2016 edition, the race will be held at the 2015 version of Daytona International Speedway. The race will be 400 laps for 1,000 miles. All cars will likewise have the same stats. This race, if broadcasted like I'm hoping, will be available on the VRR YouTube channel on Saturday, September 11, 2016 to commemorate the 15th year anniversary of the attacks on that day. Hopefully, we get a full field for this. Participation will largely decide whether or not this continues beyond 2016. A blueprint of the scheme will hoepfully be run by @RACECAR this weekend, and that layout will be how the cars will look. Until then, stay patient and we'll get it done.

Signed.
 
And it has a long-as-hell waiting period to boot, since it will only happen in September 2016. Which means that there will be ample time to wait for interested drivers... perhaps a bit too much time, in fact.
I'm allowing plenty of time for this to set. I'm still messing around with this IROC mod and if I don't like it or it doesn't hold up, then I have to find a new mod. It gives me time to test everything and to get those 42 drivers in as well as establish a broadcast crew for this event.
 
The Audi RS4, base R8, RS6 and others use a big V8.


HOW DARE YOU! The Audi IMSA 90 is a glorious 5 cylinder turbo! 🤬

The R8 LMP was also a V8. The upcoming SQ7 will be a V8 diesel.
 
Back