• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Motegi FP101.JPG

Motegi FP102.JPG
Motegi FP201.JPG
Motegi FP202.JPG
Motegi Qual01.JPG
Motegi Qual02.JPG

Kunimitsu Kino****a, despite being in the top 5 at the end of qualifying, had no explanation given her team's confusing change from near the top in FP1, to near the bottom in FP1, to mostly mid pack in Qualifying. "I honestly can't tell you what went wrong, or why the results have come out so mixed. There's a lot of uncontrollable factors in the data, so we'll see how the race goes. Starting fifth in theory is a good thing, but everything so far has said that's not entirely the case."

A difficult start for Gary Slater in FP1 sitting down in 24th. Ecurie Ecosse were able to change the Scot's fortunes around later in the day as he snuck into the top 10 in FP2 and grabbing his best qualifying result since preseason to start in the top 3.

Slater commented, "Practice 1 was just awful, we couldn't get hooked up and the car just wasn't working the way we wanted. Luckily the guys were able to sort the niggles and we bagged 7th in FP2. I'm really pleased with starting 3rd from qualifying, but we're starting behind an incensed Evangeline who's still seething from Surfer's, so we'll need to be careful in the opening laps."

A difficult start for Gary Slater in FP1 sitting down in 24th. Ecurie Ecosse were able to change the Scot's fortunes around later in the day as he snuck into the top 10 in FP2 and grabbing his best qualifying result since preseason to start in the top 3.

Slater commented, "Practice 1 was just awful, we couldn't get hooked up and the car just wasn't working the way we wanted. Luckily the guys were able to sort the niggles and we bagged 7th in FP2. I'm really pleased with starting 3rd from qualifying, but we're starting behind an incensed Evangeline who's still seething from Surfer's, so we'll need to be careful in the opening laps."
Lol. "incensed" sounds like an understatement.

Stephanie Porter-Kelley, Driver-#84: "Never was happy with the car. Never have been in good fortunes with ovals, to be blatently honest, let alone Motegi. To get up in the time sheets requires a fine balance and we just don't have it. As long as we get through and see the checkered flag, I'll be happy."
David Kelley, Crew Chief-#84: "Steph's always had a disdain for Motegi, this weekend is a nice show of why. There's a certain amount of sheer bravery needed to get around here. The car tightens up a lot in turns 3 and 4 and she's having a lot of trouble in those two corners specifically. We'll see what we can do come race day, but expectations are abnormally low."

Well then, clicking through the spoilers was expectation of diappointment after the first one.

After the massacre that was first practice for us the team managed to put some speed in the car.

"Getting into the 30 second range was big for us in second practice. Being nearly a full second off the pace is not fun at all, everything just walks on past you so I'm happy we gained speed there. Our qualifying effort was even faster than practice but still not great in any sense of the matter, I mean we ended up 15th again. I feel like we're learning but it doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere so we'll see what happens in the race."

Aaron Van der Linden: "First practice was a throwaway for us, we spent the whole session breaking in the new engine. We found a lot of pace for FP2, and that balance carried over well to qualifying. To score a top 10 start for Mugen and Honda at their home race is awesome, and to beat all bar one of the Cat Devil Racing cars shows we're definitely moving in the right direction. Hopefully we can bring the car home in the top 10 and kickstart our championship."

While I wait for the race to completely upload, gonna drop some news up in this place.
The Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, home of the Formula One British Grand Prix, might just be open to hosting a VRR IndyCar event after all. A few months ago, the circuit commented on the idea, saying that their need for hosting the event was minimal and not a priority. However, three races have since passed, all of which more exciting than initially expected, forcing the British circuit to reevaluate its previous statement. "After watching the VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series take off in spectacular fashion, we have more confidence that any race they provide at this venue would be well worth watching, and we hope to be able to open talks with them soon." British VRR IndyCar fans still have things to look forward to without the venue. British team Ecurie Ecosse currently compete in the series with Scottish driver Gary Slater at the helm and beginning in 2017, British car maker Aston Martin joins the engine competition. If Silverstone in fact does join the calendar, it would join Suzuka, Circuit of the Americas, Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Automotodrom Brno, Mike Pero Motorsports Park, Circuit Paul Armagnac, and Shanghai International Circuit as venues that host both F1 and IndyCar races.
The IndyCar chassis has greatly developed over two decades, going from a lightweight, oval preferring chassis, to an all around heavier chassis with more power at its disposal. With the FICA Formula One World Championship season opener less than a month away, all eyes are on places like Circuit of the Americas and the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez to determine what the times between a Formula One car and a VRR IndyCar really look like. The cars already start off starkly different. The 2016 VRR IndyCar has a twin turbocharged V6 engine producing up to 700 horsepower, while the FICA F1 regs specify a naturally aspirated V8 engine producing 650 horsepower. The VRR IndyCar for 2016 has a single, minimally adjustable aero kit, whereas FICA F1 cars have a widely adjustable aero kit that varies from team to team. FICA F1 cars also produce up to three times the amount of downforce as a VRR IndyCar. In 2016, the FICA F1 World Championship will have Bridgestone as a sole supplier, whereas VRR IndyCar will have Firestone as a sole supplier. VRR has released an estimation stating that the VRR IndyCar, at the Circuit of the Americas, stands to be about three seconds slower than the F1 car, while FICA have stated that F1 will be up to 6 seconds quicker. We will find out later this year which car stands to be the fastest and by which margin.

It's been quite the chaotic weekend for me, but that's okay, because we'll be starting the work week right. Note that @nascarfan1400 had his mic give him fits for the second week in a row, so starting at Mexico, he'll be using a different one. But it's here, the Honda Indy 300 at Twin Ring Motegi.

@nascarfan1400 @GTRacer22 @vetteman24 @Clayton Hardy @NearCptNitro @raven214 @amaterasu @KuniKino****a @RACECAR @DCybertron @quietgirl @swiftsmith @tbwhhs @Smurfybug @Jahgee @DurWinning @Niku Driver HC @AudiMan2011 @aarror @catamount39 @BKGlover @RedDragon @DcrRaikkonen @trobes29 @Harsk100 @AJHG1000 @GTracerEHTeam
Motegi Race01.JPG

Mo.JPG

The podium for the Honda Indy 300 was full of cheers and applause. Not only had Honda taken a 1-2 finish at their home track, they had also watched their racing princess, Kunimitsu Kino****a, bring home a rallying 2nd place at the place she thought she never would stand on podium. As with Indy just over two months ago, the 25 year old was all smiles as she held her silver prize on the podium. "The crowd has been so alive today!" She exclaimed on podium, not concerned enough to brush her hair from her face. The race had been taxing. Pit lane penalties had caught several off guard, including two of her teammates, but with her podium, the team had taken the lead in the Team Championship, and she had redeemed herself from the suffering at Surfer's Paradise. "When I took the lead, even over the engine I could hear the crowd just roar and cheer for me, and to me that equaled Indy alone for me. To be a part of Honda's 1-2 makes it a dream for me. This is one of those moments that absolutely are beautiful memories. We had issues, and those issues are just out of our control, but it is a good day for the team and something we can definitely carry with us on the next race."

<Background crashing noises>
-Wheeeeeeeeeeeee
-The car is rolled over, are you okay?!?!
-Umm... Yeah. Wait, does this mean that I've DNF'd?
-Yes, get out of the car
-Hey, I see that Jackson guy rolling on three tires
-Yeah but your tires are not on the ground, also, Jackson will DNF too
-Whatever you say, boss

Not sure about the rock soundtrack on the background, I don't think it suits the footage all that well. It also seems a bit too loud, almost borderline commentary-covering. But that may be just me, mind you. In the meantime, allow me to RP a bit (haven't done that in a while);

OTBS: So, Nico, are you happy with a top 20 finish after such a chaotic race?

Nico: (takes off helmet) Certainly not. It was a bad race throughout, I am not happy in the slightest.

OTBS: How so?

Nico: It's clear that the car was never competitive during the entire weekend; I spent a full qualifying session just trying to finish a lap on race pace, and the race itself wasn't any better. The engine is just not right, there is no power whatsoever behind it. There is no blame that can be pinned on the chassis...

OTBS: You believe that your engine was not delivering in terms of performance?

Nico: Absolutely. Just look at the results; four Chevrolet cars on the top 10, two of them who belong to my teammates. Meanwhile, I could never escape the back of the pack, even with the most careful pit strategy. We are right up there with Audi in terms of performance, there is no reason for me to not do the same. I am sorry, but TKU needs to replace my own Chevrolet unit, it hasn't delivered so far when it clearly should. (leaves)

OTBS: It seems that Mr. Monteiro is rather displeased with the engine performance in his car, we wil try to talk to him and other TKU personnel when we can.

News Reporter: Another straight last place finish for Evangeline Porter. This time, a misjudgment from Steven Gnash threw you into the inside wall. You've been checked and released, but how are you feeling?
Evangeline Porter: I've got to go get my wrist checked out at a hospital. I held on to the wheel too long trying to save it and it snapped, but other than that, just pissed. Another race at the bottom of the standings is not what I or the team wanted, and it's beyond infuriating. The idiot pushed way too hard to early. It was bad enough I was being shuffled back in three wides, but he just took one for the team I guess. If that's how Cat Devil are going to play, then we'll dance. It's on, and it won't be pretty.
NR: Mexico is in two weeks time, and you've been enthusiastic for that weekend as it's a track you're very familiar with. How important is it now?
EP: It's obviously more important than usual for me. I'm just praying that Cat Devil Racing can be mature enough to not try pushing for real estate it can't get cleanly there.
NR: Evangeline Porter, obviously vocal on her incident with Steven Gnash here in Motegi.

What looked to be the start of a turnaround in fortunes for Ecurie Ecosse and Gary Slater at the Honda Indy 300 ended in disaster as the Scot suffered a delaminated front tire on lap 151 which ended his race, and almost ended that of Treven Robie as well.

Slater had started in 3rd and led the opening laps before cautions mixed the field up. He ran up and down the field including several stints in the top 5 before his puncture.

Slater said after the crash, "Consequences are just completely against us at the moment. We got a great start to jump Jett and Evangeline and lead the openers before the big pile-up. After the caution we just had to manage our pace to stay in the top 10. We had good runs in the top 5 with sniffs of a podium, then the front right just went. I was lucky that Treven was on my outside otherwise that impact would've been a lot worse than it actually turned out."

After a trip to the medical center, Slater then apologised to Robie after the race for causing the crash.

Last edited:
"We led the race! Man that's such a relieving feeling, you don't even know. Oh man, from generally sitting in the back during practice and qualifying sessions and maybe mid pack in races, good god it feels like some of the weight has lifted.

Had our engine not blown up we might have had a top 10. It was a real bummer with that, I felt it starting to die a couple laps before and then everybody crashed and when I got involved that just killed it. The other thing that bothered me was that first line for pit road, I made sure I was slowed up for speed line every time. It seemed like the trap itself was moving though, like some hooligan got himself an all access pass and messed up pretty much everyone's race.

Barring those two things, which were totally out of team control, I think this race was a success. We've learned a lot about car performance and setup and I think we'll really be able to apply it on the coming ovals. That crew chief guy I nearly fired isn't doing too terrible now, I think I like him."

Alex Rivera " That was crazy people were wayy to aggressive early in the race. We had a speed limiter problem after the just checking for a loose wheel. In the second wreck their was no were to go and it just finished of our suspension.

When reporters went to get Jackson's reactions, he was nowhere to be found. Only by the footage of a fan was it immediately clear that in a extreme display of frustration and disgust that Jackson actually left the track after the crash that left him with only three wheels. No word on if he'll eventually give his thoughts on the race.

upload_2016-2-22_16-7-57.png

For once this season, we did it. We came home with a good finish. This YouTube Chevy has been struggling throughout this Season and all the Pre-Season testing. Now we finally have a result that shows we're capable of getting a Podium, or maybe even a win at some point!

Intro- I'm 2 for 2 on race posters.
Lap 2- Hooollleeee Balllllls! Hide the stuff again!
Replay- There's the popping, and that deserves a "DAAAAAAMN!"
Lap 8- I'm not as 🤬 today!
Lap 17- OK, that was odd.
Lap 20- #11 that's rediculous; #79 I'm in contention!?!
Lap 25- That was bad...
Lap 26- That's a jam...
Lap 27- And that's a sign of the apocalypse.
Lap 30- Well...
Lap 31- Welp... I got nothing here.
Lap 34- Hardy. Le Eff?
Lap 39- Goddammit.
Lap 43- OK, this is rediculous.
Lap 50- I've not seen myself again, so the stupid must have stopped.
Lap 70- THAT IS UTTER BULL****!
Lap 73- AHM ******* PISSED!!! THAT'S EXACTLY WHY!!!
Lap 107- Don't talk to me.
Lap 150- When did the pace car turn green?
Lap 167- And it all blows up again.
Lap 195- Clayton, do not underestimate pure rage. Nas, Trust me I know.
Lap 196- *Gives 78 the finger as passing*
Post race- nas, no more bad puns. K?

The AI idiocy just fuels my hatred that I cannot drive myself.

OK, I'm willing to claim the idiot-move at Surfers, but I will not claim the utterly rediculous bull that we and others got screwed by today. If Motegi is run again without a some change on the timing lines, it will be under protest. We had a contender, I've not been in a car this good yet, and it was squandered by an inept system. 10th is a small consellation for what should have been an epic race. Congrats to the #27, and props to the #96 for making the best of their situation, and I really hope that Angel's #7 can shed this god awful luck.

'Climbs out of car, punches the sky'
"Yeah!!!

Reporter:
"Aaron, you've just won the Honda Indy 300! How do you feel?"

VDL: "Its hard to put into words, after all the problems we had in the preseason, after the heartbreak last week at Surfers this is a massive boost for the whole team! To win for Honda and Mugen at their home race is something really special, and for it to be my first win on top of that is incredible. Kuni making it a Honda 1-2 is icing on the cake."

Reporter: "Knowing Kunimitsu Kino****a was chasing you down those last 20 laps must have been nerve-wracking"

VDL: "Absolutely, she's a multiple F1 champion and the reigning Indy 500 winner. With a driver of that caliber behind you, you just have to push as hard as you can and hope it's enough. I got the jump on that last restart, and just put my foot to the floor. The car really wasn't very good today, but we made some changes on that last stop and it was dynamite, the best car I've ever driven. So thrilled for Honda and for all the guys that I could bring it home.

Reporter:
"Thanks Aaron, now go celebrate your first win"

VDL: "Oh I will, believe me. Drinks are on Honda tonight boys!

"I guess you could say he was... winging it" - @nascarfan1400
:lol::lol::lol:

I believe shots have been fired...
Off of her second place and back home in Kyoto, Cat Devil Racing driver Kunimitsu Kino****a had time to respond to Evangeline Porter's claim of her teammate Steven Gnash running into her. "I'm not sure where she's getting the whole 'Steven hit her' thing from. She might want to be more worried about her own teammates. Seb and Jacob Birmingham shuffled her back and Birminghma was the one that turned her. But hey, what do I know, I just finished more than two laps. She wants a fight, then she's got one. I'm not concerned about the ragtag group of misfits, but they can bring it all they want. We'll be waiting for them to finish a race."

For once this season, we did it. We came home with a good finish. This YouTube Chevy has been struggling throughout this Season and all the Pre-Season testing. Now we finally have a result that shows we're capable of getting a Podium, or maybe even a win at some point!
SENPAI NOTICED MEEE!!!

SENPAI NOTICED MEEE!!!
We broke her... Again. :lol:

I would like to personally apologize for the mic issues, I know it is not in my control but it still is irritating. The quality of the series is unbelievably high, the mic quality should be that way, too. What I dont get is, it is the exact same mic I use for playstation. But I will be using my default one from the pc from now on. Sorry for the inconvience guys.

VRR has issued an ultimatum to the officials controlling the Surfer's Paradise Street Circuit; Restore the old layout or lose the event. A recent round of negotiations have apparently failed between the two parties, with VRR revealing that there have been lucrative offers sent from Queensland Raceway, Calder Park for a possible double event with it's road course as well as the oval, Barbagallo, and Phillip Island. Offers from Shanghai, who have emerged as candidates for a 2018 race, as well as Pukekohe and Teretonga were also announced as having been received shortly before the season started. VRR has openly stated that if Surfer's don't comply to their requests, they will move away. These requests include a transfer of organization from local officials to VRR officials, slowing the pace speed and pit lane speed to 37 mph/50 kph, and updating the medical facility. Surfer's has until April 1st to accept.

Also, hoping someone picks up the factory thing for Ford soon so the factory team owners can set the engine specs.

Clayton Hardy turned heads at the Honda Indy 300 at Twin Ring Motegi by running most of the race without a rear wing. "It was a lot of fun. We should just remove the rear wings and run the ovals that way." Hardy pulled a top ten in the event, which had a lot of turmoil with only 14 cars left running. "I wasn't expecting a top ten. I was just wanting points and started having fun nearly drifting it around."

VRR has issued an ultimatum to the officials controlling the Surfer's Paradise Street Circuit; Restore the old layout or lose the event. A recent round of negotiations have apparently failed between the two parties, with VRR revealing that there have been lucrative offers sent from Queensland Raceway, Calder Park for a possible double event with it's road course as well as the oval, Barbagallo, and Phillip Island. Offers from Shanghai, who have emerged as candidates for a 2018 race, as well as Pukekohe and Teretonga were also announced as having been received shortly before the season started. VRR has openly stated that if Surfer's don't comply to their requests, they will move away. These requests include a transfer of organization from local officials to VRR officials, slowing the pace speed and pit lane speed to 37 mph/50 kph, and updating the medical facility. Surfer's has until April 1st to accept.

Also, hoping someone picks up the factory thing for Ford soon so the factory team owners can set the engine specs.

I would, but the series filled up when the thread fell out of my notifications a while back. Maybe allow a couple more rides and have knockout qualifying?

I would, but the series filled up when the thread fell out of my notifications a while back. Maybe allow a couple more rides and have knockout qualifying?
I would, but that would require me setting up two separate things which is simply too much to do for 26-30 races a year.

I have no input on Surfers... Bah. I actually don't believe I've seen a race at any of those venues, except maybe Shanghai, so I wouldn't mind the fresh scenery.

Guess it's a good thing that the guy you signed with for the 2017 Indy 500 is very interested. @Whitetail would you mind running a Ford?

I have nothing against Ford. If you could go through the trouble to send me a template with livery requirements I'd appreciate it very much, if it's even available at this time. 👍
I believe your team gets added to the livery conversation this Sunday. I've done it in tiers based on which teams were factory teams and then which teams seemed more active.

Back