[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,183 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
"The weekend didn't start all that well for us but as it went on, we really turned it around. Big thanks to all the crew for all the work they've done, I think we got a chance to take a win"

*Reaction immediately after the interview*

dancing-penn-state-hockey-fan-dancing-sports-fan-gifs.gif
 
Can I redo my drivers ratings for next season while keeping the same name/character or is that not allowed?
I think it would depend on if you already submitted them for next season.
 
I think it would depend on if you already submitted them for next season.
I submitted my name in the paint scheme conversation, but I didn't think there was ratings options
 
I submitted my name in the paint scheme conversation, but I didn't think there was ratings options
There was and they were mandatory to fill out.
 
What is this "Consistency" thing I hear people going on about?

I submitted my name in the paint scheme conversation, but I didn't think there was ratings options
There was and they were mandatory to fill out.

Guess it's a good thing for me I'm not in that. Now if only I'd written down how I built the driver for this season.
 
The defending Indy 500 champion has not seen a repeat of form from the Brickyard to the Gold Coast. Struggling to break out of the bottom 8 all weekend, she lamented on the struggle of coming to a track far different then when she last races it. "The track is so different compared to 7 years ago. The car feels fine but it's so slow and the teething process has been painful here." Kino****a however did find comfort in knowing her teammate Camyron Jackson was on the mark. "Camyron is growing into the open wheel cars very nicely and to see him alongside Steph at the start is a promising sign."
 
"To say what happened sucked, is an understatement. We screwed up and messed up the fuel, but that's also my fault for failing to save enough. 13th isn't horrible considering the fact the car was coasting into the box. At any rate for a first race as a team in this series it wasn't so bad if you consider we started last basically. The crew did well, and the car was good. Looking forward to round 2."
 
Really disappointed. We were running well in the top 10 for a while and then the engine just let go on us. Insult to injury was getting punted into the wall as I was backing off. Reliability is just not our forte.
 
Did y'all really jump to the end of the first points race?

I won't, but I do need some proper time to watch the video thoroughly. Therefore, I'll give it a quick look, ignore the results for now and then watch it like a proper motorsports fan later in the day. I'm sure that's the approach @Angel would approve, really...
 
Alex Rivera "We were apart of everything today. I'm just happy it's over and I don't know what happened with that 3 wide there...I will see you guys at Round 2."
 
Dammit YouTube, stop being ****!

EDIT:
Race 1-Surfers Paradise
12:30- Umm, chief. If we're in the same garage block as BRRT, get someone to protect the equipment. Angel's out already.
Lap 22- WTF is this BS?!
Lap 24- How is it everyone is crashing two cars behind me?
Lap 27- Alright, in the Top 10. Time to take it to the front.
Lap 40- Getting tired of looking at the same cars at the same gaps.
Lap 51- It takes pitting to make spots apparenly.
Lap 54- GOOOOOODDDDAAAAAAMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!! HOW!! HOW IS IT I CAN'T ******* GO ONE RACE WITHOUT COMPLETELY ******* EVERYTHING UP EVER!
Finish- Harsk....won?...

00:00- Mic popping, and look at that crappy poster. There's also a lot of video artefacts popping in.
12:30- I don't want to be the engine guy right now. The commentating crew knows it too.
24:45 (Lap 10) The popping went away!
29:20 (Lap 14) Aaand it's fading back in.
40:00 (Lap 22) WTF is this?
59:00 (Lap 36) OK nas, at this point you may as well be talking through bubbles.
1:05:00 (Lap 41) Is it just me, or has no one moved since they got in order after the restart? Nas cleared up again for now.
1:14:00 (Lap 48) You're talking about it, but can we SEE the fuster-cluck from 4th on?
1:17:00 (Lap 51) Pitting! He's not alone anymore!
1:21:00 (Lap 54) So the 50 looks like it's trying to be a lawn dart! Dear Lord!
--Replay-- Well of course the 79 binned it, he's always been a Grade A 🤬 Idiot! How did he get a VRR License!? Now we can write off the fool and focus on the actual crash.
1:54:00 (Lap 79) I'm done with this race.
Lap 90- Is a dolphin now calling the race?
Lap 93- Now there's no nas at all. WTF.
Lap 104- Oh, you came back.

BK: Get out of my way.
Reporter: You were doing well when you crashed by yourself, what happened?
BK: Don't know. Rogers is a real driver, ask him.
Reporter: Do you have any comments about the drivers who speared the wall because of your spin?
BK: Hope they're OK.
Reporter: Anything you'd like to say.
BK: Nope. Season's lost and I'm still the worst at everything. Now that you have your sound bite, **** off and go find someone worth a damn.
Reporter: And about Harsk's improbable win?
BK: ........GET THE **** OUT OF MY FACE BEFORE I RIP YOU APART!

Someone give me one reason why I shouldn't quit right now.
 
Last edited:
Dammit YouTube, stop being ****!

EDIT:
Race 1-Surfers Paradise
12:30- Umm, chief. If we're in the same garage block as BRRT, get someone to protect the equipment. Angel's out already.
Lap 22- WTF is this BS?!
Lap 24- How is it everyone is crashing two cars behind me?
Lap 27- Alright, in the Top 10. Time to take it to the front.
Lap 40- Getting tired of looking at the same cars at the same gaps.
Lap 51- It takes pitting to make spots apparenly.
Lap 54- GOOOOOODDDDAAAAAAMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!! HOW!! HOW IS IT I CAN'T ******* GO ONE RACE WITHOUT COMPLETELY ******* EVERYTHING UP EVER!
Finish- Harsk....won?...

00:00- Mic popping, and look at that crappy poster. There's also a lot of video artefacts popping in.
12:30- I don't want to be the engine guy right now. The commentating crew knows it too.
24:45 (Lap 10) The popping went away!
29:20 (Lap 14) Aaand it's fading back in.
40:00 (Lap 22) WTF is this?
59:00 (Lap 36) OK nas, at this point you may as well be talking through bubbles.
1:05:00 (Lap 41) Is it just me, or has no one moved since they got in order after the restart? Nas cleared up again for now.
1:14:00 (Lap 48) You're talking about it, but can we SEE the fuster-cluck from 4th on?
1:17:00 (Lap 51) Pitting! He's not alone anymore!
1:21:00 (Lap 54) So the 50 looks like it's trying to be a lawn dart! Dear Lord!
--Replay-- Well of course the 79 binned it, he's always been a Grade A 🤬 Idiot! How did he get a VRR License!? Now we can write off the fool and focus on the actual crash.
1:54:00 (Lap 79) I'm done with this race.
Lap 90- Is a dolphin now calling the race?
Lap 93- Now there's no nas at all. WTF.
Lap 104- Oh, you came back.

BK: Get out of my way.
Reporter: You were doing well when you crashed by yourself, what happened?
BK: Don't know. Rogers is a real driver, ask him.
Reporter: Do you have any comments about the drivers who speared the wall because of your spin?
BK: Hope they're OK.
Reporter: Anything you'd like to say.
BK: Nope. Season's lost and I'm still the worst at everything. Now that you have your sound bite, **** off and go find someone worth a damn.
Reporter: And about Harsk's improbable win?
BK: ........GET THE **** OUT OF MY FACE BEFORE I RIP YOU APART!

Someone give me one reason why I shouldn't quit right now.

no chill
 
Commentator's curse much? :p

Aaron Van der Linden:
"Argh, that one hurts. I'd managed to work my way up to 5th, the team had some great strategy on that 3rd safety car and I picked up a couple spots on the restart. Unfortunately the engine let go heading into the slalom, and the car just stopped dead before I could pull off. Brilliant driving from everyone to avoid me, that could have been a big mess. Not the way we wanted to start the season, but we'll head to Motegi hoping to put in a good showing for Mugen Honda.
 
Last edited:
Someone give me one reason why I shouldn't quit right now.
Because 1) Reasons. 2) I'm currently on Trois-Rivieres.
 
Dammit YouTube, stop being ****!

EDIT:
Race 1-Surfers Paradise
12:30- Umm, chief. If we're in the same garage block as BRRT, get someone to protect the equipment. Angel's out already.
Lap 22- WTF is this BS?!
Lap 24- How is it everyone is crashing two cars behind me?
Lap 27- Alright, in the Top 10. Time to take it to the front.
Lap 40- Getting tired of looking at the same cars at the same gaps.
Lap 51- It takes pitting to make spots apparenly.
Lap 54- GOOOOOODDDDAAAAAAMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!! HOW!! HOW IS IT I CAN'T ******* GO ONE RACE WITHOUT COMPLETELY ******* EVERYTHING UP EVER!
Finish- Harsk....won?...

00:00- Mic popping, and look at that crappy poster. There's also a lot of video artefacts popping in.
12:30- I don't want to be the engine guy right now. The commentating crew knows it too.
24:45 (Lap 10) The popping went away!
29:20 (Lap 14) Aaand it's fading back in.
40:00 (Lap 22) WTF is this?
59:00 (Lap 36) OK nas, at this point you may as well be talking through bubbles.
1:05:00 (Lap 41) Is it just me, or has no one moved since they got in order after the restart? Nas cleared up again for now.
1:14:00 (Lap 48) You're talking about it, but can we SEE the fuster-cluck from 4th on?
1:17:00 (Lap 51) Pitting! He's not alone anymore!
1:21:00 (Lap 54) So the 50 looks like it's trying to be a lawn dart! Dear Lord!
--Replay-- Well of course the 79 binned it, he's always been a Grade A 🤬 Idiot! How did he get a VRR License!? Now we can write off the fool and focus on the actual crash.
1:54:00 (Lap 79) I'm done with this race.
Lap 90- Is a dolphin now calling the race?
Lap 93- Now there's no nas at all. WTF.
Lap 104- Oh, you came back.

BK: Get out of my way.
Reporter: You were doing well when you crashed by yourself, what happened?
BK: Don't know. Rogers is a real driver, ask him.
Reporter: Do you have any comments about the drivers who speared the wall because of your spin?
BK: Hope they're OK.
Reporter: Anything you'd like to say.
BK: Nope. Season's lost and I'm still the worst at everything. Now that you have your sound bite, **** off and go find someone worth a damn.
Reporter: And about Harsk's improbable win?
BK: ........GET THE **** OUT OF MY FACE BEFORE I RIP YOU APART!

Someone give me one reason why I shouldn't quit right now.
 
NBCSN: A very strange and unusual race for all involved. How was it for you?
Jackson: I don't even know where to start. I'm just amazed that things didn't get much worse for anyone involved and then the last few laps, I just..I'm lost for words. Good result but man, just very odd race to take in.
NBCSN: Good news that you can take in is that you score a good amount of points and you're the highest finishing Cat Devil Racing driver. Any consolidation on that?
Jackson: Yeah, that actually is after the 500. Actually, the overall performance of the whole team is encouraging as well. We can contend for wins and we can win. we just need to try and carry that throughout the season.
 
Since I was at work when I posted the race, I never had the chance to post the official race report to go with it. So for everyone, it is attached here and the points standings are all updated in the OP.
 

Attachments

First off:

Dammit YouTube, stop being ****!

EDIT:
Race 1-Surfers Paradise
12:30- Umm, chief. If we're in the same garage block as BRRT, get someone to protect the equipment. Angel's out already.
Lap 22- WTF is this BS?!
Lap 24- How is it everyone is crashing two cars behind me?
Lap 27- Alright, in the Top 10. Time to take it to the front.
Lap 40- Getting tired of looking at the same cars at the same gaps.
Lap 51- It takes pitting to make spots apparenly.
Lap 54- GOOOOOODDDDAAAAAAMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!! HOW!! HOW IS IT I CAN'T ******* GO ONE RACE WITHOUT COMPLETELY ******* EVERYTHING UP EVER!
Finish- Harsk....won?...

00:00- Mic popping, and look at that crappy poster. There's also a lot of video artefacts popping in.
12:30- I don't want to be the engine guy right now. The commentating crew knows it too.
24:45 (Lap 10) The popping went away!
29:20 (Lap 14) Aaand it's fading back in.
40:00 (Lap 22) WTF is this?
59:00 (Lap 36) OK nas, at this point you may as well be talking through bubbles.
1:05:00 (Lap 41) Is it just me, or has no one moved since they got in order after the restart? Nas cleared up again for now.
1:14:00 (Lap 48) You're talking about it, but can we SEE the fuster-cluck from 4th on?
1:17:00 (Lap 51) Pitting! He's not alone anymore!
1:21:00 (Lap 54) So the 50 looks like it's trying to be a lawn dart! Dear Lord!
--Replay-- Well of course the 79 binned it, he's always been a Grade A 🤬 Idiot! How did he get a VRR License!? Now we can write off the fool and focus on the actual crash.
1:54:00 (Lap 79) I'm done with this race.
Lap 90- Is a dolphin now calling the race?
Lap 93- Now there's no nas at all. WTF.
Lap 104- Oh, you came back.

BK: Get out of my way.
Reporter: You were doing well when you crashed by yourself, what happened?
BK: Don't know. Rogers is a real driver, ask him.
Reporter: Do you have any comments about the drivers who speared the wall because of your spin?
BK: Hope they're OK.
Reporter: Anything you'd like to say.
BK: Nope. Season's lost and I'm still the worst at everything. Now that you have your sound bite, **** off and go find someone worth a damn.
Reporter: And about Harsk's improbable win?
BK: ........GET THE **** OUT OF MY FACE BEFORE I RIP YOU APART!

Someone give me one reason why I shouldn't quit right now.




_______________________________________________________________________________

Post race with Jamie Ngaire-Jardine:
Well, that was something, wasn't it? Not quite how we hoped to finish, but gaining 20 spots is for sure a good takeaway. This was a race where the boys were too hot-headed and we almost managed to pull it off. If there were a few more laps, we could have gotten the W but there is always next race to get a podium. It's a good start to the season, and if we can keep up the momentum we can win this championship!

VRR needs to review what happened this race. Had the 1st safety car not pulled off a lap earlier, we would have caught up to the pack and we could have won this event. I'm extremely dissapointed in the Surfer's Paradise marshals for that. I'm not going suggest that it was partly due to trans-Tasman rivalrys and bad feelings there, but I don't even know. *shakes head and walks away from podium*
 
VRR: Not quite the weekend you were looking for personally, but the team itself showed a lot of capability in the craziness today. Take us through it.
Kino****a: It started off bad for me honestly. Started next to last row of the grid and got caught out by the early restarts and went a lap down. We had a decent car but we just got thrown so far out that it didn't matter. Gutted for Steven because he genuinely had it in his hands, but at the same time I'm proud of Henna and Camyron for their efforts, especially Camyron on getting the stellar podium.
VRR: Rumors have been in the workings that Surfer's will be bumped off for a different Australian venue. Anything you can add on that?
Kino****a: All I've heard is that we might revert back to the older layout back when it was last used for open wheel, which would be a welcome sight. Other than that, I haven't heard of us moving to a different venue yet.
 
You've come to me for an interview? You must be desperate, I mean, I was one of the slowest right off the start. Then oh look at how slow he is getting to the pit lane.

Reporter: Um okay, but why did you go so slow to the pits?

Are you stupid? Did you not see what happened halfway trough the race? Unfortunate thing for BK to just misjudge that wall end, you know, you're just focussed on getting back in line and not taking anyone out. But then those two idiots halfway back in the pack bloody near killed each other after the caution was out. How insane do you have to be to race that hard after you've crossed the line for the caution? They weren't even close to clearing each other and Raven just turned into Evans, just why? Why use your car as a weapon, that was worse than the stupid stuff that went on at Bristol under the yellow flag. My answer to anyone about going slow to the yellow flag from this point on, is that crash, which was by no means an accident.

Reporter: Okay, can you tell us how you finished 17th?

If I knew I'd tell you, but I don't because apparently I'm too slow for that. Now please just get out of my face, I have other more important matters to deal with for the team.
 
Would it be cool if I joined in on the commentary side of things?
 
Interesting to watch that race. Anything that could fall aparts seems to have done just that and left us head in our hands as we come to my home venue. Excited to see the insanity that is Motegi.
 
Stephanie Porter-Kelley, Driver-#84: "We were never holding a solid spot. We had a great car at the start, and we didn't change anything during the first caution, but after that we were always sitting in the pack, which gets you nowhere at a street circuit...Survived a lot of craziness, especially given the confusion on the cautions being short and the brazen rookies being themselves. Happy to pull away with a top 10 and move on."
David Kelley, Crew Chief-#84: "Steph had the start you want to see. She did a great job holding on to her position at the start, but we made an error in not optimizing the car during the first pit stop and we spent the rest of the race chasing the field. She recovered like the world champ she's proven herself to be. We just need to have these results consistently."
One of the biggest free agency question marks was the silent but noticed drop of Jacob Birmingham and Jacob Descoteau from the Black Rose Racing team program. Rumors had Descoteau, a Chevrolet driver, would try to get with the heir apparent factory team Polaris Motorsports, and that has finally been proven true. Polaris Motorsports on Monday afternoon confirmed that one of their cars for the Triple Crown would be driven by Descoteau, with more details coming at a later date.
 
Back