[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,180 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
I have nothing against Ford. If you could go through the trouble to send me a template with livery requirements I'd appreciate it very much, if it's even available at this time. 👍
I believe your team gets added to the livery conversation this Sunday. I've done it in tiers based on which teams were factory teams and then which teams seemed more active.
Champion! We'll change the team name from NCTX to Starion Motorsports from 2017 on, and move from Audi to Ford.
 
Last edited:
I have nothing against Ford. If you could go through the trouble to send me a template with livery requirements I'd appreciate it very much, if it's even available at this time. 👍

Come sunday, its yours 👍
 
Since one of the entries for 2017 has been inactive, that full time seat has defaulted back to Cat Devil Racing. If anyone is interested in trying to negotiate for that seat, you will need to provide your case to Kuni.
 
Oh well. I'm just happy to have a seat. 👍
 
News Reporter: Finally, we were able to catch up with Jacob Descoteau, who was able to take the third step of the podium this past weekend in Motegi. Glad to have you, Jacob.

Jacob Descoteau: Thanks, I'm happy to be here!

NR: So, how happy are you with the result achieved this past weekend?

JD: The team and I are incredibly happy, and we were able to bring a great result home. After the exhibitions and Surfer's, this was unexpected, but very welcomed, haha.

NR: What's your take on the big one that occurred on the second lap?

JD: I don't know clearly what happened as I was down the field, but people shouldn't be going three wide that early in the race. It's a shame that Angel, Jacob, and Sebastien, as well as I, were all caught up in it. Luckily, we received little damage, and were able to forge ahead.

NR: You were able to get out and lead 7 laps in the race. Is this a sign of things to come, and will we see you up front in the coming weekends?

JD: I believe we have a great team and a great car, and I have no doubt in our abilities to run at the top of the field. I don't see why we wouldn't be up front apart from some unforeseen circumstances.

NR: You did go two laps down at one point early on, after leading. What went through your head when you received the two consecutive speeding penalties?

JD: At that point, I knew we were far down the lineup, so all I was focused on was running consistent and fast laptimes. It obviously did pay off though, as you all saw.

NR: Well, hopefully the whole CCBRRT squad can pull off a good weekend soon, good luck with that!

JD: Thank you, and thanks for having me!
 
Since one of the entries for 2017 has been inactive, that full time seat has defaulted back to Cat Devil Racing. If anyone is interested in trying to negotiate for that seat, you will need to provide your case to Kuni.
@KuniKino****a I don't really have anything to offer, but I'm interested in that possible seat.
 
@KuniKino****a I don't really have anything to offer, but I'm interested in that possible seat.

Looking to be a teammate in two series? I certainly wouldn't mind that should it happen, I need someone to hang out at Whataburger with :p
 
Looking to be a teammate in two series? I certainly wouldn't mind that should it happen, I need someone to hang out at Whataburger with :p
Would definitely be fun.....wait, aren't you already signed for 2017?
 
Would definitely be fun.....wait, aren't you already signed for 2017?
Yeah. He's on CDR until 2018
 
Yeah. He's on CDR until 2018
:odd:
Since one of the entries for 2017 has been inactive, that full time seat has defaulted back to Cat Devil Racing. If anyone is interested in trying to negotiate for that seat, you will need to provide your case to Kuni.
.....Goddammit.
56711125.jpg
 
Cat Devil Racing has had it's fourth full time seat returned to it after the team spearheaded by Henna Venalainen collapsed. However, the team is conflicted as to what to do with it. "If we decide to use it, we will look for an experienced driver to fill the seat. But we also have confirmation that we can just hold onto the seat and not use it since there isn't another Honda team to pass it to. We are waiting to see if there are different things that develop." Team owner Kunimitsu Kino****a stated.
 
Race organizers for Surfer's Paradise have formally rejected the terms set out by VRR regarding different pace speeds, and other requests. It is believed that a different venue in Australia or New Zealand will fill the vacated space on the calendar.
Ford has officially accepted Starion Motorsports' application to become the supplier's factory team. This comes with the promised testing ability at Oulton Park.
Audi have confirmed that there is a deal in place of the current contract they have with VRR that prevents other German companies from joining the engine race while they are competing. Both Mercedes and Porsche have expressed interest in joining the series at some point in the near future, but the soonest those engines can join is 2019.
Evangeline Porter has confirmed that she'll be racing in Mexico with a sprained left wrist. She retired from the event on lap 2 in a multi car crash.
 
As head of the currently forming EH Team Racing F1 team I would like to extend an offer to Cat Devil Racing. In this offer for Cat Devil they will be allowed to use the second ETR seat as a development ride for any driver they so wish. In return Cat Devil Racing would give Cliff Lagueux their fourth full time seat which would be used as a second full time seat with Starion driver and owner BK Glover.
 
Cat Devil Racing has received offers from different teams for the final full time seat, and while the team has stated a lack of interest in what's currently been presented, it will not rule anything out just yet. "The problem we have is that I have to do what is best for Honda and the team, and this affects the series in return. At the end of the day, we are a business, and we have to do what is best for us." Kunimitsu Kino****a expressed. "Our primary business is in IndyCar, and we're aiming at IndyCar solutions first and foremost. VRR has said that it will not intervene unless there is something that breaks the rules. So we maintain the right to hold on to the seat and keep it inactive as we negotiate for 2018. We won't decide before Indy, regardless of what that decision will be."
 
Polaris Motorsports aims to be the first team to unveil its 2017 lineup, with May 13th, 2016 being the decided date. This is expected to be after Carb Day practice has concluded. "I think we have a winning combination for 2017." Stephanie Porter-Kelley said about the team's future lineup. "Between me and Jamie contesting full time, and having Jacob and Diego driving for the team on a limited schedule, I think we'll be fighting for every championship the series has on the cards."
 
So for whatever reason, the exact same issue on youtube is happening with the VRR channel.
 
So for whatever reason, the exact same issue on youtube is happening with the VRR channel.
What?
 
That it says "This channel has no content"
I know. I checked on my phone without being signed in and saw everything.
 
I'm not signed in to YT right now and I can see the videos.

upload_2016-3-3_17-50-34.png
 
Signed in and wouldn't you know, everything shows up.

YouTube trying to drive me crazy.
 
Signed in and wouldn't you know, everything shows up.

YouTube trying to drive me crazy.

Must've been a software glitch.
 
Must've been a software glitch.

There was an odd period in YouTube on my side of things as well. Somewhere around the 15 minutes past midnight mark, in my local time, videos started to suffer from loading issues and freezing, so on and so forth. Perhaps RACECAR was also trying to watch the videos at that time, who knows?
 
Daytona International Speedway will see a formal IndyCar event on the road course layout on November 1st. This race will be the final race for the cars in 2016 trim. The event is open to all entries from 2016, which means all 36 drivers could arrive in Daytona Beach for the event. Daytona will also host VRR events on the oval configuration for the Coca-Cola Truck Series and the Super Endurance.
 
Race weekend #3 has started in Mexico City!
Mexico FP101.JPG
Mexico FP102.JPG
Mexico FP201.JPG
Mexico FP202.JPG

Evangeline Porter was smiling on Friday despite having a sprained wrist. After having clocked 14th fastest in opening practice, she fired on all cylinders to get in the top 4 for the afternoon session. "We got robbed at Motegi, so to come out of the gate good to me is really important. My championship really has to start here. We need to get something going."
 
This is a marked improvement over the last two events. No not in speed, but in consistency. Top half for both practices should be a sign that we can contend again this week....You know, barring some highly questionable calls by track officials.
 
Again showing consistent top 10 performance. We'll look to keep chipping away with where we are as we're desperate for a turnaround in fortune come race day.
 
Excellent start so far. Let's hope we can continue this into qualifying and the actual race.
 
Back