[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,179 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Update on the 2016 VRR Super Endurance...
There was a previous plan to have multiple engines in the 2016 VRR Super Endurance, which this year is 1,000 miles at Daytona International Speedway oval using the Gen 6 stock cars. That has altered a bit. The event details are the same, but all of the cars will be spec Chevrolet SS chassis with the same livery. What will distinguish the drivers apart is the driver's last name on the window, on the sides of the car, and on the rear bumper of the car. Everyone will be using their 2016 IndyCar number aside from those not currently in the series.

Those that have already signed up for the Super Endurance this year are...
#2: Thomas Rogers/USA -- @tbwhhs
#7: Evangeline Porter/USA -- @Angel
#10: Gary Slater/SCO -- @AudiMan2011
#11: Alex Rivera/LUX -- @DcrRaikkonen
#14: Jacob Birmingham/USA -- @vetteman24
#18: Sakura Ishibashi/JPN -- @Sakura
#19: Camyron Jackson/USA -- @RACECAR
#22: Jacob Descoteau/USA -- @GTRacer22
#24: Jesus Cristobal/PER -- @Jahgee
#30: Matheus Michelin/BRA -- @Michelin
#50: Matthew Evans/USA -- @swiftsmith
#55: Ryan Perlstein/USA -- @catamount39
#67: Jamie Ngaire-Jardine/NZL -- @RedDragon
#77: Andrew Draco/USA -- @Kingofweasles
#79: B.K. Glover/USA -- @BKGlover
#84: Stephanie Porter-Kelley/BIH -- @amaterasu
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a/JPN -- @KuniKino****a
#95: Behrris Windross/USA -- @NearCptNitro
#96: Clayton Hardy/CHK -- @Clayton Hardy

Those eligible to be in the event due to 2016 VRR IndyCar participation are...
#5: Mohammad Ahmed/PAK -- @Smurfybug
#6: Diomedes Nikolaidou/GRE -- @Earth
#9: Michael White/USA -- @Whitetail
#20: Hugo Del Prete/USA -- @DurWinning
#25: Stefan Montana/USA -- @Luis Torres
#27: Aaron van der Linden/CAN -- @aarror
#43: Cliff Lagueux/CAN -- @GTracerEHTeam
#48: Lucas Larese/USA -- @ScuderiaLucas
#51: Alan Herrera/MEX -- @AJHG1000
#76: Nico Costa-Monteiro/POR -- @Niku Driver HC
#78: Pedro Harsk/POR -- @Harsk100
#80: Sebastian Devereux/FRA -- @nascarfan1400
#92: Treven Robie/USA -- @trobes29
#97: Jett Raven/USA -- @raven214
#98: Diego Jaramillo/ESP -- @Suzumiya
#99: Steven Gnash/CAN -- @DCybertron

Those that can enter based on either confirmed 2017 participation or free agency
#8: Nii Aryeetey/USA -- @GranTurismo916
TBD: Jerome Torres/PHI -- @Antares26
TBD: TBD/TBD -- @Formidable

To make it very easy to enter or not enter the event, just quote this post saying you will or won't. This event will be broadcasted in full and I'm currently assembling a commentary team for it.
I'm in.
 
but all of the cars will be spec Chevrolet SS chassis with the same livery. What will distinguish the drivers apart is the driver's last name on the window, on the sides of the car, and on the rear bumper of the car.
I see you've taken my strategy in regards to getting paint schemes for your series in and done :lol:.
 
I see you've taken my strategy in regards to getting paint schemes for your series in and done :lol:.
For this race, because it's an IROC type event, yes.
 
Stupid question: I know you said same liveries, but why don't we get to pick a color?
 
Stupid question: I know you said same liveries, but why don't we get to pick a color?
Because doing that with possibly 42 cars is something that I have no intentions on waiting for a year *cough* on. With this, I can just submit the entries, get the cars, and bypass the waiting on incompetent people.
 
Update on the 2016 VRR Super Endurance...
There was a previous plan to have multiple engines in the 2016 VRR Super Endurance, which this year is 1,000 miles at Daytona International Speedway oval using the Gen 6 stock cars. That has altered a bit. The event details are the same, but all of the cars will be spec Chevrolet SS chassis with the same livery. What will distinguish the drivers apart is the driver's last name on the window, on the sides of the car, and on the rear bumper of the car. Everyone will be using their 2016 IndyCar number aside from those not currently in the series.

Those that have already signed up for the Super Endurance this year are...
#2: Thomas Rogers/USA -- @tbwhhs
#7: Evangeline Porter/USA -- @Angel
#10: Gary Slater/SCO -- @AudiMan2011
#11: Alex Rivera/LUX -- @DcrRaikkonen
#14: Jacob Birmingham/USA -- @vetteman24
#18: Sakura Ishibashi/JPN -- @Sakura
#19: Camyron Jackson/USA -- @RACECAR
#22: Jacob Descoteau/USA -- @GTRacer22
#24: Jesus Cristobal/PER -- @Jahgee
#30: Matheus Michelin/BRA -- @Michelin
#50: Matthew Evans/USA -- @swiftsmith
#55: Ryan Perlstein/USA -- @catamount39
#67: Jamie Ngaire-Jardine/NZL -- @RedDragon
#77: Andrew Draco/USA -- @Kingofweasles
#79: B.K. Glover/USA -- @BKGlover
#84: Stephanie Porter-Kelley/BIH -- @amaterasu
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a/JPN -- @KuniKino****a
#95: Behrris Windross/USA -- @NearCptNitro
#96: Clayton Hardy/CHK -- @Clayton Hardy

Those eligible to be in the event due to 2016 VRR IndyCar participation are...
#5: Mohammad Ahmed/PAK -- @Smurfybug
#6: Diomedes Nikolaidou/GRE -- @Earth
#9: Michael White/USA -- @Whitetail
#20: Hugo Del Prete/USA -- @DurWinning
#25: Stefan Montana/USA -- @Luis Torres
#27: Aaron van der Linden/CAN -- @aarror
#43: Cliff Lagueux/CAN -- @GTracerEHTeam
#48: Lucas Larese/USA -- @ScuderiaLucas
#51: Alan Herrera/MEX -- @AJHG1000
#76: Nico Costa-Monteiro/POR -- @Niku Driver HC
#78: Pedro Harsk/POR -- @Harsk100
#80: Sebastian Devereux/FRA -- @nascarfan1400
#92: Treven Robie/USA -- @trobes29
#97: Jett Raven/USA -- @raven214
#98: Diego Jaramillo/ESP -- @Suzumiya
#99: Steven Gnash/CAN -- @DCybertron

Those that can enter based on either confirmed 2017 participation or free agency
#8: Nii Aryeetey/USA -- @GranTurismo916
TBD: Jerome Torres/PHI -- @Antares26
TBD: TBD/TBD -- @Formidable

To make it very easy to enter or not enter the event, just quote this post saying you will or won't. This event will be broadcasted in full and I'm currently assembling a commentary team for it.

I quite like the sound of this, I'm in. What I like even better about this post is I HAVE A GUIDE TO ALL THE NAMES NOW! Every time I watch a race I'm like who the f is that like every 20 seconds, except for a few of the names.
 
Update on the 2016 VRR Super Endurance...
There was a previous plan to have multiple engines in the 2016 VRR Super Endurance, which this year is 1,000 miles at Daytona International Speedway oval using the Gen 6 stock cars. That has altered a bit. The event details are the same, but all of the cars will be spec Chevrolet SS chassis with the same livery. What will distinguish the drivers apart is the driver's last name on the window, on the sides of the car, and on the rear bumper of the car. Everyone will be using their 2016 IndyCar number aside from those not currently in the series.

Those that have already signed up for the Super Endurance this year are...
#2: Thomas Rogers/USA -- @tbwhhs
#7: Evangeline Porter/USA -- @Angel
#10: Gary Slater/SCO -- @AudiMan2011
#11: Alex Rivera/LUX -- @DcrRaikkonen
#14: Jacob Birmingham/USA -- @vetteman24
#18: Sakura Ishibashi/JPN -- @Sakura
#19: Camyron Jackson/USA -- @RACECAR
#22: Jacob Descoteau/USA -- @GTRacer22
#24: Jesus Cristobal/PER -- @Jahgee
#30: Matheus Michelin/BRA -- @Michelin
#50: Matthew Evans/USA -- @swiftsmith
#55: Ryan Perlstein/USA -- @catamount39
#67: Jamie Ngaire-Jardine/NZL -- @RedDragon
#77: Andrew Draco/USA -- @Kingofweasles
#79: B.K. Glover/USA -- @BKGlover
#84: Stephanie Porter-Kelley/BIH -- @amaterasu
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a/JPN -- @KuniKino****a
#95: Behrris Windross/USA -- @NearCptNitro
#96: Clayton Hardy/CHK -- @Clayton Hardy

Those eligible to be in the event due to 2016 VRR IndyCar participation are...
#5: Mohammad Ahmed/PAK -- @Smurfybug
#6: Diomedes Nikolaidou/GRE -- @Earth
#9: Michael White/USA -- @Whitetail
#20: Hugo Del Prete/USA -- @DurWinning
#25: Stefan Montana/USA -- @Luis Torres
#27: Aaron van der Linden/CAN -- @aarror
#43: Cliff Lagueux/CAN -- @GTracerEHTeam
#48: Lucas Larese/USA -- @ScuderiaLucas
#51: Alan Herrera/MEX -- @AJHG1000
#76: Nico Costa-Monteiro/POR -- @Niku Driver HC
#78: Pedro Harsk/POR -- @Harsk100
#80: Sebastian Devereux/FRA -- @nascarfan1400
#92: Treven Robie/USA -- @trobes29
#97: Jett Raven/USA -- @raven214
#98: Diego Jaramillo/ESP -- @Suzumiya
#99: Steven Gnash/CAN -- @DCybertron

Those that can enter based on either confirmed 2017 participation or free agency
#8: Nii Aryeetey/USA -- @GranTurismo916
TBD: Jerome Torres/PHI -- @Antares26
TBD: TBD/TBD -- @Formidable

To make it very easy to enter or not enter the event, just quote this post saying you will or won't. This event will be broadcasted in full and I'm currently assembling a commentary team for it.

You can defiantly count me in, though I hope I get to have an excuse to use the condenser mic on my desk o.o :D :)

Driver: #95: Behrris Windross
 
I quite like the sound of this, I'm in. What I like even better about this post is I HAVE A GUIDE TO ALL THE NAMES NOW! Every time I watch a race I'm like who the f is that like every 20 seconds, except for a few of the names.
Does this mean you are in?

Also, just throwing this out there since it was an idea presented when I first talked about the Super Endurance, I would be more than happy to talk to series leaders from places such as RACE, FICA, TIRE, and other B-Spec series organizations on making this an actual one off IROC event for every single organization. That's surely a lot of negotiation that would have to take place, but if any of them want, I'd be more than happy to talk about it.
 
Cherokee Motorsports had a pivotal race in Mexico, with Behrris Windross finishing second and bringing the team back up near the top of the Team's Championship. Windross had been second to Herrera most of the race, and was consistently one of the fastest on track. This didn't carry over to the other two Cherokee Motorsports cars, who after being involved in a coupe of incidents ended up not being a factor points wise at all. "We had a bag of mixed fortune." Said Clayton Hardy after the event. "Behrris had a good race all day. Raven had something for part of it, and I just couldn't do anything, and that was on myself. Points wise, we came out very nicely, but we need to iron out some consistency to really get the championships in our hands."
 
Does this mean you are in?

Also, just throwing this out there since it was an idea presented when I first talked about the Super Endurance, I would be more than happy to talk to series leaders from places such as RACE, FICA, TIRE, and other B-Spec series organizations on making this an actual one off IROC event for every single organization. That's surely a lot of negotiation that would have to take place, but if any of them want, I'd be more than happy to talk about it.

Yes

I quite like the sound of this, I'm in.
 
If we could stop having a different winner every week, that'd be great...
 
Martini Racing isn't the only single car team to fare well in the country of Mexico. Polaris Motorsports carried home a triumphant fourth place finish, which bolstered the team's confidence. "Leaving Mexico City, we definitely feel better about ourselves and we are looking forward to St. Pete." Stephanie Porter-Kelley said at the Orlando shop Thursday. "We have a road course based set up, and these street courses fall right in our sweet spot so we are really looking forward to carrying our Mexico result forward."
 
Attention all 2016 teams. Please post whether or not you would be interested in being a part of a couple mid-season tests at Phoenix and Iowa this year.
 
Ecurie Ecosse wishes to attend both tests.
 
Standard Motorsports will attend.
 
Current list of entries for the Phoenix Open Test on 16-17 April:
#2: Thomas Rogers (Swift Autosport)
#5: Mohammad Ahmed (Swift Autosport)
#7: Evangeline Porter (Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing)
#10: Gary Slater (Ecurie Ecosse)
#14: Jacob Birmingham (Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing)
#18: Sakura Ishibashi (Cat Devil Racing)
#19: Camyron Jackson (Cat Devil Racing)
#22: Jacob Descoteau (Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing)
#43: Cliff Lagueux (Standard Motorsports)
#50: Matthew Evans (Swift Autosport)
#80: Sebastian Devereux (Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing)
#87: Henna Venalainen (Cat Devil Racing)
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a (Cat Devil Racing)
#95: Behrris Windross (Cherokee Motorsports)
#96: Clayton Hardy (Cherokee Motorsports)
#97: Jett Raven (Cherokee Motorsports)
#98: Diego Jaramillo (Cherokee Motorsports)
#99: Steven Gnash (Cat Devil Racing)

Current list of entries for the Iowa Closed Test on 23-24 July:
Cat Devil Racing
Cherokee Motorsports
Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing
Ecurie Ecosse
Standard Motorsports
Swift Autosport

I guess here is where I explain the difference between an open test and a closed test. In an open test, an unlimited number of drivers and teams can participate in the two days of testing. With a closed test, any number of teams can enter, but only one driver can represent that team each day of testing. For example, Cat Devil Racing on day 1 of the closed test could use Camyron Jackson, but use Steven Gnash on day 2, or just use Henna Venalainen both days. It keeps the track relatively clear to get more data from both solo runs and group runs.
 
Polaris will not be attending either of the tests.
Interesting move, since at least one day from both races will be broadcasted.
 
I've had a long day, as my grammar shows.

Happens to the best of us man, no need to beat yourself up more about it. Besides, beating yourself up over it wouldn't give you time to rest, after all...
 
Back