[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,177 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Current list of entries for the Phoenix Open Test on 16-17 April:
#2: Thomas Rogers (Swift Autosport)
#5: Mohammad Ahmed (Swift Autosport)
#7: Evangeline Porter (Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing)
#10: Gary Slater (Ecurie Ecosse)
#11: Alex Rivera (Scuderia Rabia Furiosa)
#14: Jacob Birmingham (Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing)
#18: Sakura Ishibashi (Cat Devil Racing)
#19: Camyron Jackson (Cat Devil Racing)
#20: Hugo Del Prete (Team Kate Upton)
#22: Jacob Descoteau (Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing)
#24: Jesus Cristobal (Team Kate Upton)
#25: Stefan Montana (Scuderia Rabia Furiosa)
#30: Matheus Michelin (Team Kate Upton)
#43: Cliff Lagueux (Standard Motorsports)
#50: Matthew Evans (Swift Autosport)
#76: Nico Costa-Monteiro (Team Kate Upton)
#79: B.K. Glover (NCTX Motorsports)
#80: Sebastian Devereux (Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing)
#87: Henna Venalainen (Cat Devil Racing)
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a (Cat Devil Racing)
#95: Behrris Windross (Cherokee Motorsports)
#96: Clayton Hardy (Cherokee Motorsports)
#97: Jett Raven (Cherokee Motorsports)
#98: Diego Jaramillo (Cherokee Motorsports)
#99: Steven Gnash (Cat Devil Racing)

Current list of entries for the Iowa Closed Test on 23-24 July:
Cat Devil Racing
Cherokee Motorsports
Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing
Ecurie Ecosse
NCTX Motorsports
Scuderia Rabia Furiosa
Standard Motorsports
Swift Autosport
Team Kate Upton
 
Cat Devil Racing has been sitting on an empty seat for a while now, and now they apparently have some sort of plan for it. "In some way, we want to promote Asian drivers in the series." Kunimitsu Kino****a said to reporters Tuesday before the team flies from Kyoto to St. Pete, Florida. "There currently aren't a lot of Asian drivers out there, but we are hoping that we encourage Asian drivers to step forward with this plan." Currently, the only Asian driver eligible is Filipino driver Jerome Torres and the other two Asian drivers, Japanese sisters Sakura Ishibashi and Kunimitsu Kino****a, already drivers for the team. However, she admits that the previous offers are still being evaluated. "We just want the best overall thing for us to be content with the decision."
 
With all of the real life racing going on, I kinda lost track of the most important racing going on this weekend. Welcome back to the U.S. guys and girls, we're in St. Pete!
St. Pete FP101.JPG
St. Pete FP102.JPG
St. Pete FP201.JPG
St. Pete FP202.JPG
St. Pete Qual01.JPG
St. Pete Qual02.JPG
 
We're getting the bugs with the car sorted but we're glad we're still hanging around the top 4 in practice. We'll hope to continue our good form in the race starting from 6th spot.
 
"Being in 14th at the start here is not what we want to be stuck in. After the third row, the congestion in turn 1 really kicks in and it could make for some really bad situations. The entire team got thrown backwards in qualifying, so we'll see how we do after 110 laps."
 
Stephanie Porter-Kelley starts her first home race sitting in P12, but the Sarajevo-born Orlando native isn't worried too much about the start. "We need to keep the car clean on the get go here. Turn 1 has ruined so many races in the past. As long as we give a little bit in the first couple laps and begin to pick people off, we'll be okay I think." A lot of the crowd will certainly have their eyes on Porter-Kelley to do well in the first race in Florida.
 
Jesus' calling is definitely F1 :lol:
 
Well that was unexpected
 
Yay TKU win and I made it up to the top half
 
Last edited:
Yay TKU win and I made it up to the top half
At least you finished here.
 
Last edited:
As I am watching the video, I have to point out one thing; there seems to be a strange background noise (like some sort of electronic device whizzing along at a low volume) throughout the audio commentary. Still, Nas's voice is a lot clearer than in the last few videos, which is definitely a plus. As a fellow commentator, I can relate to that whole "background noise" bit, as it affected some of my own work for Michelin's series...

Also, beware of quoting posts which feature the race results, 'cause Angel's response to Jahgee above sorta spoiled the entire thing, I'm afraid... Still, congrats to the winner, I shall stick to saying that he has a great first name and that he earned it.
 
As I am watching the video, I have to point out one thing; there seems to be a strange background noise (like some sort of electronic device whizzing along at a low volume) throughout the audio commentary. Still, Nas's voice is a lot clearer than in the last few videos, which is definitely a plus. As a fellow commentator, I can relate to that whole "background noise" bit, as it affected some of my own work for Michelin's series...

Also, beware of quoting posts which feature the race results, 'cause Angel's response to Jahgee above sorta spoiled the entire thing, I'm afraid... Still, congrats to the winner, I shall stick to saying that he has a great first name and that he earned it.
Almost to me sounds like a desk fan.
 
Almost to me sounds like a desk fan.

You may not be far off, I just cannot ascertain what sort of PC part could be making that noise... I am sure that it is coming from the PC, that much I can assume.
 
You may not be far off, I just cannot ascertain what sort of PC part could be making that noise... I am sure that it is coming from the PC, that much I can assume.
It's my desk fan. I forgot to turn it off when we were recording St. Pete and Homestead because I hadn't needed to before. I'll keep that in mind for when we record Barber this upcoming weekend.
 
It's my desk fan. I forgot to turn it off when we were recording St. Pete and Homestead because I hadn't needed to before. I'll keep that in mind for when we record Barber this upcoming weekend.

Well, that is one question down for the count. Thanks for clarifying that, Clayton. 👍
It's nothing major, but it did catch my attention, so I felt like pointing that out...
 
Alex Rivera "I tried to fight from a poor starting position but it wasn't easy to pass but we will take 11th after the start of the season that we have had.
 
We were running so well in the top 10 all race and the Audi unit is still giving us grief. We really need to sort the reliability gremlins if we're to be competitive.
 
We were running so well in the top 10 all race and the Audi unit is still giving us grief. We really need to sort the reliability gremlins if we're to be competitive.
You can place all of your blame squarely on Clayton. He's the one who made Audi's engine stats.
 
You can place all of your blame squarely on Clayton. He's the one who made Audi's engine stats.

I'll look to get a flight from Toronto to Oklahoma in July to make it personal.
 
With talk of the engine stuff, I should make the statement that the engine factory team owners for this year got two opportunity to improve their engines. After Indianapolis is the first time they get to improve the engines, and after Pocono is the second time. In 2017, there will be 4 times in the season that the engines can be improved.
 
I'll look to get a flight from Toronto to Oklahoma in July to make it personal.
I wouldn't do that. He can also keep your car from getting upgrades. Okay, not really since Angel's already run up to Lausitz race wise, but you get the point. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
 
I wouldn't do that. He can also keep your car from getting upgrades. Okay, not really since Angel's already run up to Lausitz race wise, but you get the point. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
I was about to say you're a little late on that since I'm already to race 20.
 
Well, having watched a few late portions of the video, I was wondering where my own driver was placed. Then I had a brief look at the final results, and, well;

Since seeing that my driver was wiped out during the freakin' pace lap, I cannot due to reasons of sheer "anger". So, have a picture of Treize Kshurenada holding his nose as it can be seen as a sign of "you have got to be kidding me" instead;
Elegant facepalm.png

I mean, being wiped out by the malfunctioning pole sitter, who failed to choose the racing line which didn't involve making contact with the tire barriers... That is not even worthy of a joking statement, that is a joke. Petersburg, you are far from being a saint to me...
 
Am I happy with my result? Of course not. When you get that close to victory it hurts a little bit to not mange the W. However, this result does give a nice bit of momentum that we should be able to carry into the next part of the season. It's also a great but if proof that I can fight up at the sharp end of the grid. Hopefully this speed is also proving to the Polaris team that I deserve the drive next season.
I already know that overall RTi isn't going to win the team championship but hopefully we can win the Nations cup. That is the big title for me. If I win the driver's title I'll be happy but the Nations cup is more important personally.
 
Back