[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cat Devil Racing happy to announce that @DCybertron will be driving the #99 Pepsi sponsored Honda for Cat Devil Racing for the full 2016 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series season. He will join @RACECAR who is driving the #19 PlayStation sponsored Honda, and myself driving the #91 Sony sponsored Honda. We look forward to a great inaugural season and we wish everyone else good luck as well.

Official 2016 Virtual Reality Racing Straight Talk IndyCar Series calendar to be posted on the VRR website at 6:00 p.m. EDT. It will be posted here tomorrow afternoon.
Yay!

This should be an interesting schedule, to say the least.

Toronto is one of two Canadian races.
post-54731-chow-yun-fat-thumbs-up-gif-Img-uDN9.gif

To share some info on it before it goes live, the calendar will feature 22 races, 20 of them for points. There are no double headers and asides from Indianapolis, no track is visited more than once. Each race has a title sponsor. There are exactly 10 oval and 10 road course points events, and the first four races are not in the United States. The 2016 season starts at a road course and ends at an oval. There are 4 500 mile events, all at ovals. Daytona is NOT on the calendar.

My guess at 500 milers:

#1 - Indy: a given
#2 - Fontana: a given
#3 - Pocono: a given
#4 - Chicagoland?

Official calendar is live for those on desktop. For those on mobile, I'm working on it.
I never mentioned it, but there is a list of backup venues for if a venue is cancelled. Those venues are...
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Sonoma Raceway, Watkins Glen International, Moscow Raceway, Circuit de la Sarthe, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Chicagoland Speedway, Dover International Speedway, and Texas Motor Speedway.

Still trying to fill the grid for Indianapolis. Come on people, help me out!

Hats really don't have any nutritional value, so I wouldn't eat one if I were you. :P

Disclaimer: Yes, I know the saying I'm just being myself.

I was going to say "the usual one", but the enragement childen at Cherokee seem to have taken that already.

Maybe I should take that as a sign that I should upgrade to full-time and overrule them, if possible? :lol:
There's no more space full time spaces, maybe we could ask nicely (Send the team mascot over to persuade them)

I was going to say "the usual one", but the enragement childen at Cherokee seem to have taken that already.

Maybe I should take that as a sign that I should upgrade to full-time and overrule them, if possible? :lol:
That is a very big option, and they wouldn't able to stop you unless they announced a full time driver within that hour. Which knowing my cousin, doesn't have the people skills to do that.

The Team Kate Upton super team is coming for you Indianapolis :lol:

@DurWinning & @Niku Driver HC I got us teammates

For some odd reason I though of something good for my car :lol: #99, Superchips sponsor, white car with a waving checkered flag fading from black (middle) to grey (back of the car).

Influence:
99superchips-ford.jpg

Can it happen? hahaha I need to make this car as my 5th Ford for GTPFS btw...

There's no more space full time spaces, maybe we could ask nicely (Send the team mascot over to persuade them)
There is room for one more, which would set us at 28.

For some odd reason I though of something good for my car :lol: #99, Superchips sponsor, white car with a waving checkered flag fading from black (middle) to grey (back of the car).

Influence:
99superchips-ford.jpg

Can it happen? hahaha I need to make this car as my 5th Ford for GTPFS btw...
I can try my best, but these templates are not my strong suit :lol:

I can try my best, but these templates are not my strong suit :lol:

I saw someone painting one on the other thread and I was like: "k nope" :lol:

I'm pretty sure that a full time entry would have to be for another team, as Chevrolet is full. If not, I'll leave it up to @Niku Driver HC & @DurWinning to decide between you :lol: (I'll vote if they split)

Sure thing! :D

Back